"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Ride into North Florida (JAX) Sun 26th

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 11:25 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts
Default Ride into North Florida (JAX) Sun 26th

On Sunday the 26th (the day after the cookout) Dean, Joe and I (and maybe the girls) Are heading up the coast From New Smyrna through St Augustine then to Jacksonville via 1 and A1A. Looking for Florida crew to ride with and suggestions on places to see and lunch. I was thinking the rooster is a good possibility. Jay? Eddie? Paul? You guys know that area much better than I do. How about a ride or at least some suggestions on what to see up there. I havent been to the top of the state on the coast but I hear there is some nice riding up there. For once we are getting a ride together in the north end of the state. Any takers?

Old 04-04-2009, 09:51 AM
JaxHarleyRdr
Club Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm planning on staying that night in a motel near you so a ride north will be great a1a up to jax and the rooster then i would ride back down 13 along the river

Old 04-04-2009, 09:14 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

A1A is Great to cruise up are lots of things to see in Historic St Augustine but pretty hard to do in just a few hours ... On your way up we rode a stretch called "The Loop" when going down to Daytona Lots of curves and fun to ride..Just cruising down through A1A is fun and see something that strikes your fancy swing in ... I will probably miss this as the last day of Leesburg and will be heading up 27 more than likely heading home ...

Last edited by JayStronghawk; 04-04-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:04 PM
2of2
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JaxFatBoy
I'm planning on staying that night in a motel near you so a ride north will be great a1a up to jax and the rooster then i would ride back down 13 along the river
If you haven't already booked you might try the Howard Johnsons in DeLand. just a couple miles from Dale's place. Joe and Donna are staying there while we are in Fla. Dale says they are biker friendly and the price is right.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am good for this one. Let me know where to meet up in Deland and I will scoot over there from Ocala. I love the ride up A1A!

Old 04-07-2009, 12:33 AM
FloridaDrafter
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1of2
On Sunday the 26th (the day after the cookout) Dean, Joe and I (and maybe the girls) Are heading up the coast From New Smyrna through St Augustine then to Jacksonville via 1 and A1A. Looking for Florida crew to ride with and suggestions on places to see and lunch. I was thinking the rooster is a good possibility. Jay? Eddie? Paul? You guys know that area much better than I do. How about a ride or at least some suggestions on what to see up there. I havent been to the top of the state on the coast but I hear there is some nice riding up there. For once we are getting a ride together in the north end of the state. Any takers?
One of my favorite rides and lunch spots is up along Heckscher Drive (SR 105) along the North shore of the St. Johns River, then into Kingsley Plantation (old timey Florida wilderness). It's not a long ride at all, but still takes most of the afternoon to complete, 2 hours +/- from my house (on the Southside) and back, depending on how many photo stops I make and including the lunch break at the Sandollar Restaurant. Most of the road into the plantation is dirt, but it's firm, and the scenery is outstanding and there are photo opps out tha ***. It is a NP, so you can pick up a NP stamp there also. I guess you could cut out most of Heckscher by taking the ferry where A-1-A hits the St. Johns in Mayport, but that would still leave the trip into Kingsley and the Sandollar for lunch. BTW, the Sandollar is right on the river and has prime chow, straight from the Ocean and the St. Johns.

If you just make the Rooster, be sure and post a time. Sure would be nice to meet some of yooz guys.

-Andy

Last edited by FloridaDrafter; 04-07-2009 at 12:39 AM.