"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Ft Myers - Soldiers Benefit - Poker Run - 31Jan2009

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 04:50 PM
throttlejunkie
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got home safe and sound !!
I think i need an hour or two to thaw. the trip back home was cold, but not 40 degree cold like this morning.
I probably should win a prize for the worst poker hand ever today.
Cold or not, it was still a great ride today. It was great to see everyone i knew and meet a few that i didn't .
hope everyone makes it back safe and warm I think the coffeee is starting to work, my fingers are warming up.. i wonder how long i should keep my fingers in the mug?? damn it was cold today !!
I can't wait to see the pics of everyone shivering.
ride safe
Dave

Old 01-31-2009, 05:55 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Just Dave Checking in, got home about 5:45, took a long Hot shower to thaw my bones out. Had a great ride and enjoyed seeing some peeps that I knew, as well as the new riding buddies. I think TJDave is mistaken about the worst poker hand because that would be the one that I had. Not even a pair. 7 high.
I will be glad when this cold *** weather goes back up north where it belongs.
Next stop will be Earls hideaway in Sabastion in mid Feb..... Stay tuned...

Old 01-31-2009, 06:30 PM
Drclev3
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TJ a couple shots of Crown does wonders to thaw you out and helps you sleep good as well!!

Old 01-31-2009, 07:23 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts
Thumbs up

Glad to see you made it home safe TJ. The best I got was a pair of 9's.

Just Dave, glad to see you made it home also. Keep us posted on the "Earls hideaway in Sabastion in mid Feb" run.

As I mentioned, there's a Pre Daytona Party at Snook Haven in Venice on February 15th. Ill start a new thread on this shortly letting everyone know.

Where's bulldogmow?

Old 01-31-2009, 08:13 PM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

We're all home safe and sound! It was a great day... despite the cold weather~ Which wasn't all that bad... with three layers of clothing! Was great to see and ride with everyone~ Even better to meet some of the new members to the FL Crew... 2 beers, bertk, & araba shriner~ Pleasure riding with ya'll... lookin forward to another day on the Florida roads with ya'll again soon~

The new (to me) bike did well... very comfy ride~ Just gotta get 'er mapped to perfection and I'll be one very happy camper~ Doesn't run bad... just a lot of decel poppin goin on~ My big sister, who is visiting from OR, rode the Train~ She handled 'er very well~ It was the first time the three of us, my brother (Screamin Ego), my sister, and I, all got to ride together~ Very cool indeed... and couldn't have been with a better group of people~

Brenda got a few good pics... I'm sure she'll post them up soon~

Old 01-31-2009, 08:39 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueDragon
We're all home safe and sound! It was a great day... despite the cold weather~ Which wasn't all that bad... with three layers of clothing! Was great to see and ride with everyone~ Even better to meet some of the new members to the FL Crew... 2 beers, bertk, & araba shriner~ Pleasure riding with ya'll... lookin forward to another day on the Florida roads with ya'll again soon~

The new (to me) bike did well... very comfy ride~ Just gotta get 'er mapped to perfection and I'll be one very happy camper~ Doesn't run bad... just a lot of decel poppin goin on~ My big sister, who is visiting from OR, rode the Train~ She handled 'er very well~ It was the first time the three of us, my brother (Screamin Ego), my sister, and I, all got to ride together~ Very cool indeed... and couldn't have been with a better group of people~

Brenda got a few good pics... I'm sure she'll post them up soon~
Nice to see all that all of you made it back safe. It was a pleasure to ride with you all. Can't wait to see the pics.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:10 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Glad yall had a good time. Sorry I did not get to meet your sister Greg. Family trips are the best.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:58 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

home sweet warm home, too all you posers out there saying "this isn't cold" you can kiss my A**. whats different about this ride compared to key west is that it stayed cold all day today.
got home about 6:45pm have no clue how many miles i put on today. actually don't really care. had a great time with the people i ride with. cant wait till there is more. i so enjoy it. greg that is a sharp looking bike. you just had to copy me didnt ya??
you wont regret it. we need to do a hook up, i got some parts for yeah. Christie loves the cover. she missed being with all you today to make you laugh.
it was great to see all and meet the new. sometimes its to bad this state is so long. it really makes it hard to meet all everytime. off to bed and until next ride.

Old 02-01-2009, 03:20 AM
flslowryder
Road Captain

Glad to hear you all had a good, but cold, ride yesterday.. Sorry I didn't make it, but I'll be back riding soon.. Sure did miss seeing everyone.. Sorry to miss your sis BD & SE.. Hope she enjoyed it...

Old 02-01-2009, 08:28 AM
BlueDragon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

'Sissy' had a great time and really enjoyed the FL Crew she met~ When we got back home she made the comment..."you guys got some really great ridin buddies"~ Says a lot of the Crew if you ask me~

You, and Christie, were both missed... as well as the rest that couldn't make it out~ I'm sure we'll see ya's again soon~ Hope your feelin a little better today~

Quick Reply: Ft Myers - Soldiers Benefit - Poker Run - 31Jan2009