"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Islamorada Help !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 06:33 AM
Joe J
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Islamorada Storage/Washing Help !!

We have a second home/condo in Islamorada and would love to have a bike while were there. The issue is the condo rules don't allow motorcycles on the property I would consider a storage unit and looking for recommendations? Also wondering where I can wash it when needed.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Joe J; 06-02-2017 at 06:51 AM.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:37 PM
Speleo
Road Captain

Received 454 Likes on 180 Posts

I would think that the condo rules can't restrict properly licensed vehicles. The can say anything they want. I would challenge that rule. What next, no "older" cars?

Bruce

Old 06-02-2017, 04:27 PM
kberger
Cruiser
Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Some of those associations have some pretty strict rules which you sign in agreement to when you purchase. My mom has a place in Port St. Lucie...no motorcycles, no pickup trucks, no trailers of any type

Old 06-02-2017, 04:47 PM
shorelasHD
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,858 Likes on 1,270 Posts

I'm no lawyer, but the Supreme Court has ruled that the A-holes governing the condo association can do whatever the EFF they want, rationale is that, if you don't like it, you can move. You might try to get a special exemption from the condo association.

Of course, your post begs the question, why did you buy a second home there in the first place?

Old 06-02-2017, 04:56 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,549 Likes on 10,758 Posts

Originally Posted by shorelasHD
I'm no lawyer, but the Supreme Court has ruled that the A-holes governing the condo association can do whatever the EFF they want, rationale is that, if you don't like it, you can move. You might try to get a special exemption from the condo association.

Of course, your post begs the question, why did you buy a second home there in the first place?
what he said.

BuzzCap7

Old 06-02-2017, 05:44 PM
Joe J
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I could try to fight it but not sure it would be worth the hassle and aggravation. We spend about 5 weeks there spread out over the year so I'll need storage regardless. It'll be inconvenient not to be able to keep the bike there while were in town and I could possibly get an exemption for that. There is no washing of cars allowed so i'm sure I won't be able to wash the bike so need to figure that out. Were going down in a couple weeks so I'll be able to do some checking around.

We bought there a number of years ago before riding so never considered the restriction and the flats fishing is world class (we'll maybe not the last few years).

Old 06-02-2017, 05:54 PM
FunGramps
Banned
Received 1,544 Likes on 900 Posts

Wow. Communism. My mom lives in a developement in Arizona where you are not allowed to keep your garage door open longer than to move in and out of it, and they don't allow you to do your own mechanical work in your OWN GARAGE! No thanks!

Old 06-02-2017, 11:04 PM
Prime Rib
Elite HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 139 Posts

The number 1 reason I searched (for what seemed like forever) to find the land I wanted to build on in Florida that did not have an HOA. **** on a bunch of ***** telling me what I can do with my own property!

Old 06-05-2017, 06:14 AM
scottbob99
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Pretty standard for most HOA's. I cannot have a shed or a boat or trailer in my driveway for more than 5 days. Not the end of the world and keeps the neighborhood looking nice. Go to your HOA meeting and get to know your neighbors, then apply for a variance. Can't hurt to try.

Old 06-05-2017, 06:33 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,072 Likes on 2,507 Posts

We had a guy in town who wanted to start an HOA.

His house burnt down.

Quick Reply: Islamorada Help !!