"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Cruise to Cafe 27 & Flossie Holiday party 12/13/15 ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2015 | 07:07 PM
Joe_G
|
Stellar HDF Member
Default Cruise to Cafe 27 & Flossie Holiday party 12/13/15 ??

I thought I saw a flyer at Flossies advertising a holiday party and free buffet at 5 pm on Sunday afternoon, 12/13/15.

On Sunday afternoons I personally like to ride out to Cafe 27 to see the bikes, it's a good show, always something interesting to see and usually some interesting characters to chat with. I then like to ride to Flossies around 3 to 3:30 to see the bikes and sights there. Same thing at Flossies, interesting bikes and people. Cafe 27 has a live band from 1-5 and Flossies is from 3-?.

Also, an interesting chap named Reed does great pin striping work for dirt cheap at Cafe 27 each Sunday. He did a great job on my bike, if you want some custom stripes or wording he's your man, he's good, inexpensive and a nice guy.

This Sunday, weather permitting, I'll do my usual run, I like to get to Cafe 27 around 2:30 or so then leave for Flossies around 3:30. If you're much later than 4 Flossies parking lot is full, but you can park next door or even around back without trouble.

A few folks have expressed interest in a Crew ride from Cafe 27 to Flossies this Sunday. I'll be there, if anyone would care to ride together hit me PM for my cell and we can hook up.

By the way my buddy in Sweden (03 Road King Classic) had his first snow 11/29 so I took a little video of the Cafe 27 for him. As you can see, it's pretty jammed packed with bikes.

Party is confirmed by cHarley. Hope to meet a few members Sunday.

It's on their FB page now.

.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Joe_G; 12-09-2015 at 09:20 AM.
Old 12-08-2015 | 07:58 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator

I can't make it this week I have my group's Christmas picnic.

Old 12-08-2015 | 11:18 PM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master

Nice VIDEO, Joe.
Café 27 has evolved into quite a gem. Even though we mostly use it for a meet-up spot to START a ride, for most of us it's at least a 45 mile ride just to get there.
But Well Worth the Ride, from just about anywhere. Good people, good burgers, and live music as well. And sometimes, I also like to cross over US27, check out the action at Everglades Holiday Park.
I was just thinking, though. For as many times as I've been to Café 27, I have NEVER been there at NIGHT. They party pretty late out there, but I could only imagine what the MOSQUITO action must be like...

Old 12-09-2015 | 05:05 AM
Joe_G
|
Stellar HDF Member

Hey Steevo, I used to go to Countyline Dragway before it closed, which is a couple of miles south on 27...there were a few evenings where Off was mandatory, but most of the time it wasn't too bad. Depends upon the time of the year and most of the time they come out at dusk for about a half hour/hour then after it's not bad. I've only gone to 27 at night once or twice, they used to have a Caribbean fest on Saturday nights, sometimes I'd go with other racers and get a sandwich after racing. It was pretty crowded back then, but I haven't been in a long time.

The Holiday Park has been taken over by the County and they've made a lot of improvements, it looks a lot better. Reed the sign man made the signs out there matter of fact. Sometimes you see the Gator Boys crew out there.

On Sundays, Cafe 27 is hopping from 1 to say 5 then it seems folks head out to go home, or Flossies, as Flossies gets very busy around 4.

Old 12-09-2015 | 07:28 AM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator

I like Cafe 27 midweek. Their food is reasonably cheap (remember they add service in with the food price so no need to leave a tip unless you want to), they have great Caffe Con Leche too. There's always a few characters to watch any time of day and 27 is empty midweek and you can really pick up some speed from the turnoff north down to Cafe 27, or blast up to South Bay and turn around.

Saturdays there's usually a few bikers but Sunday is definitely the big day. I heard the place is up for sale. I saw it listed a couple months ago.

Old 12-09-2015 | 07:39 AM
Joe_G
|
Stellar HDF Member

They took the for sale sign down Lauren about a week after it was up... don't know what happened but they cleaned house with staff a few months ago too. But, it's still the same place from what I've seen.

I noticed a few environmental monitoring wells out there, I'm sure that's an issue based on the nature of the business.

I also have been known to see the top end of my tach through 3 gears on that turn off Lauren....though some days the local constabulary sits just south of the intersection so be careful. By the way, in my video, that white suburban near the end of the video had a local sheriff outfitted in military gear watching what was going on. That's the first, and last time I've ever seen that.

Steevo, what Go Pro mount do you use? I have a clip on mount that I put on my windshield which had two problems - one, the wind noise, and 2, it blows off at 80-90 mph. I noticed when I took it off to film the speedometer the sound was a ton better back behind the shield.

Old 12-09-2015 | 09:21 AM
Joe_G
|
Stellar HDF Member

First post updated, Flossies' holiday party has been confirmed by cHarley.

Old 12-09-2015 | 09:54 AM
GoPro Steevo
Road Master

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Steevo, what Go Pro mount do you use? I have a clip on mount that I put on my windshield which had two problems - one, the wind noise, and 2, it blows off at 80-90 mph. I noticed when I took it off to film the speedometer the sound was a ton better back behind the shield.

For mounting cameras on the bike, I use RAM mounts. They work great on handlebars and crashbars. http://www.rammount.com/activity/motorcycle_mounts

But locally, (and just a stone's throw from Flossie's), Bass Pro Shops has RAM mounts. They are in the same section as the Fish Finders and GPS units.
I currently have 3 GoPros, but if I only had one, it would be on my Helmet. Harleys vibrate quite a bit (no $h!t), the helmet mount is the most stable, and usually the best viewing angle on playback.
My favorite NEW Toy is also helmet-mounted. The SENA 10-C.
It is a Bluetooth communicator with built-in camera. Takes good video, stills, and you can narrate while you ride. When I start uploading some more clips from my trip out West, you'll see what I mean.
Have you ever tried the GoPro Chesty mount, Joe?
On a bike like yours, with a very upright seating position, and no dashboard, you might get some great shots using one.

Old 12-09-2015 | 10:40 AM
Joe_G
|
Stellar HDF Member

Thanks Steevo, I do have a helmet mount, both one that has elastic that wraps around, and one that sticks on. I think I'll give that a shot.