The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

DYNOJET: can someone look at my tune? please? im desperate

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2024, 10:55 AM
Krimdelakrim10
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can someone look at my tune? please? im desperate

thanks for looking, i need a bit of help...

i bought a bike from a dealer, 2010 street glide 96 inch, was told after i bought it that it had a built motor. (cams, pistons, comp releases etc) not the original motor to the bike (also unknown build to the dealer, no idea what parts were used in the build). pissed me off but i love the bike. bike had flat spots in the tune, dealer of course said its fine and i knew it wasnt. so i went out and had it dynotuned. it wasnt fine lol so the dyno really woke it up, cost me a few bucks but it was worth it, runs 112 hp and 125 tq. however, it rides at a 14.6 afr until i get it to 30% throttle position, once after 30% it works its way to 12.5 when fully twisted. my question is how hard is it to adjust so my cruising afr is a little better than 14.6? im not concerned about fuel mileage or consumption, i want it to run cooler at cruising speeds where my throttle is less than 30% twisted. my wife and i yesterday (375 lbs both of us, no luggage) got up to 260 degrees cruising at 60/65 for an hour on a 78 degree day. i also have an oil cooler on it and have the fans on a switch and they were on the whole time. but when i cranked on it it actually cooled a few degrees and im assuming its cause i was dumping more fuel into her while cranking it... so im asking for help, is there anyone who can tell me how to adjust it to better than 14.6 cruising? or anyone who wants to make a couple bucks via paypal and do it for me? ive included the tune in a zip file for anyone who wants to look at the tune.. i thank anyone and everyone for the help.

Attached Files
File Type: zip
tunezip.zip (16.7 KB, 9 views)
Old 09-06-2024, 09:42 PM
Balakay
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can adjust the main AFR table to the value you want but if you get to far away from 14.6 the ECM will not go into closed loop and the fuel trims will not be functioning during cruise. Im not exactly sure at what AFR it switches to open loop Fuel motto might be able to answer that question beter.

Old 09-06-2024, 10:42 PM
Rusty Springs
Road Captain
Received 545 Likes on 312 Posts

That's not a lambda based calibration, so any value other than 14.6 will disable closed loop. I copied the map for my 07 Dyna below 70 kpa and 3750 rpm. I'm not a professional so take a look and use your best judgment. The AFR table is only as good as the VE table calibration.

Attached Files
Old 09-07-2024, 10:02 AM
Krimdelakrim10
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rusty Springs
That's not a lambda based calibration, so any value other than 14.6 will disable closed loop. I copied the map for my 07 Dyna below 70 kpa and 3750 rpm. I'm not a professional so take a look and use your best judgment. The AFR table is only as good as the VE table calibration.

this is the tune that came with the bike, my tuner said it needed help, I’m wondering if he knew what he was talking about. Is this tune better or worse than the one I orig uploaded?