The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

TTS: A tune is a tune, right?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 04:10 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts
Default A tune is a tune, right?

I have a power vision. I also have an appointment with a supposedly great tuner who only tunes using a TTS. So if he tunes my bike with a TTS (that I will obviously purchase) and I later hook my power vision back up, I can bring that TTS tune into my power vision, right? I mean, a tune is a tune, regardless of what creates it?

Thanks.

Old 11-01-2019, 04:26 PM
TXCHOP
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Where are you bringing it in NY? Just curious.

Old 11-01-2019, 04:30 PM
Big Dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 558 Posts

I would check with Steve Cole

I think TTS locks it so only it will read , but like I said check with Mr Cole

Dave

Old 11-01-2019, 06:55 PM
tburrow
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The answer is no. You cannot transfer a TTS tune to a Power Vision or visa versa. You can hook the power vision back up to the bike afterwards and continue to use it's monitoring capabilities if you wish. You will not be able to use the auto tune feature though.

Old 11-01-2019, 06:56 PM
Mchad
Club Member

I will. But from what I read, the TTS locks the ECM so no other tuner can be used until the TTS reverts the ECM back to its original state at the time the TTS was married.

Thats kind of a deal breaker for me as I intended to leave my Power Vision on the bars (I use it as gauges) so I had the ability to revert to a stock tune as needed. Having to carry a laptop around to do that doesn’t work for me.

Oh well.

Old 11-01-2019, 06:57 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by tburrow
The answer is no. You cannot transfer a TTS tune to a Power Vision or visa versa. You can hook the power vision back up to the bike afterwards and continue to use it's monitoring capabilities if you wish. You will not be able to use the auto tune feature though.
Ok, thanks for the confirmation.

Old 11-01-2019, 06:58 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by TXCHOP
Where are you bringing it in NY? Just curious.
I was going to Moroney’s outside Newburgh, but probably not now.

Old 11-02-2019, 02:47 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Ok, so I did a little more research and maybe I can make this work. From what I see, the TTS tune isn’t compatible with a PV. Fine, I get that. Looks like the tune are different in how things are measured- TTS used Manifold pressure while PV uses throttle position, etc. That’s fine. What I need to know is can a PV overwrite an ECM that has been flashed with a TTS tune.

Not looking to save or edit/mod the TTS tune with the PV, just completely overwrite the TTS tuned ECM with a tune stored in the PV, WITHOUT having to hook up a laptop and the TTS.

Thats my real question

Old 11-02-2019, 07:56 AM
jbarr1
Road Master
Received 306 Likes on 211 Posts

You can use the PV after the TTS once you flash the original tune back to the ECM. It will be stored in the TTS interface. You must have a laptop to restore the TTS map. You can still use the PV to look at the gauges while using the TTS map.
I don’t understand wanting the ability to switch back to a stock, untuned map—- that just makes no sense to me. What are you expecting to gain? A proper tune will give you great fuel mileage AND the most power available. The idea of a fuel mileage map and a different power map just means that neither map is what I would consider to be a proper tune. JMHO.

Last edited by jbarr1; 11-02-2019 at 08:00 AM.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:02 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by jbarr1
You can use the PV after the TTS once you flash the original tune back to the ECM. It will be stored in the TTS interface. You must have a laptop to restore the TTS map. You can still use the PV to look at the gauges while using the TTS map.
I don’t understand wanting the ability to switch back to a stock, untuned map—- that just makes no sense to me. What are you expecting to gain? A proper tune will give you great fuel mileage AND the most power available. The idea of a fuel mileage map and a different power map just means that neither map is what I would consider to be a proper tune. JMHO.
Think hard about a scenario where one might want to temporarily revert to a stock tune. It's not that complicated...

Quick Reply: TTS: A tune is a tune, right?