The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

TTS: TTS Map Search!!! HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017 | 06:07 PM
Rolandjr042490
|
Intermediate
Default TTS Map Search!!! HELP!!!

Hey All,

First off, I know a Dyno Tune will be more effect with increasing my tune, but, At the moment I can't shell out the $ for it, so I'm hoping I can get help with this.

I have a 2014 Street Bob 103 with 2-1 Thunder Header, Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather intake and will be installing S&S MR103 EZ Start Cams, bearings, Hydraulic Tappets, and adjustable push rods.

I can't afford to hit the Dynamics's any time soon so I need to take advantage of the TTS Master Tune that I have.

Does anyone who has this set up, or close, have a Calibration they can suggest? Or, even a map they can email me? I know TTS allows for map storing on the website and I know it's a long shot for what im asking for, but, if anyone has this set up or close, can you let me know so I can upload the tune into mine?

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-29-2017 | 11:00 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member

Unfortunately not tuning (recalibrating) for the airflow changes you have introduced with the exhaust, cam timing, and intake, will never produce a great running bike.
Having your bike tuned is like baking the cake instead of eating the batter out of the bowl.
You must have the $ to pay for parts, labor, AND tuning. Having the $ to do just half the job will not give you what you thought you paid for.
Folks chase the calibration by guessing and attempting street tuning only to get frustrated.
Save your money and get it done right,
JMHO,
Bob

Old 07-29-2017 | 12:22 PM
Rolandjr042490
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by FLTRI17
Unfortunately not tuning (recalibrating) for the airflow changes you have introduced with the exhaust, cam timing, and intake, will never produce a great running bike.
Having your bike tuned is like baking the cake instead of eating the batter out of the bowl.
You must have the $ to pay for parts, labor, AND tuning. Having the $ to do just half the job will not give you what you thought you paid for.
Folks chase the calibration by guessing and attempting street tuning only to get frustrated.
JMHO,
Bob

I completely agree, I was able to reprogram my ECM with TTS when I did my Stage 1 upgrades. Now that im adding cams im looking to do the same but can't find a base map that's close enough. That's why im asking if anyone with the same, or similar, setup found success with any of the base maps, or even has a map they would be so kind to share.

Old 07-29-2017 | 12:32 PM
Rolandjr042490
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by FLTRI17
JMHO,
Bob

The shop near me wants to charge me $400 to load a base map for "break-in miles" then another $400 for the dyno tune. Way too high

Old 07-31-2017 | 10:34 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member

Either you misunderstood or that shop is a ripoff. No justification for charging extra to put in the base (starting) calibration.
For example it is normal to pay $400 to breakin and tune a bike.
It is not normal, or common to pay for installing a base cal and then another $400 for recalibrating it for you particular bike and its idiosyncrasies.
Please ask the shop to give you a written quote spelling out what you said.
Bob