The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

DYNOJET: My Map, My Logs, My Problems, Help Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 07:43 PM
Gozzie
Road Captain
Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Default My Map, My Logs, My Problems, Help Wanted

2007 Road King
Cable operated (TPS)
Fuelmoto 107 Big Bore Kit
Woods TW-555

Problem - Low KPA, Low TPS knock

Hi guys. The bike starts and runs pretty good. Power Vision autotune kept retarding the timing below 40 KPA until it just flat out ran bad. I put the timing at 40 KPA and below back to Fuelmoto's original map and did some VE runs. The pinging is audible now but I don't want to autotune the timing and would like you experts to have a look. Here is the original map and the map I'm using now along with some logs concentrated on mainly low KPA and TPS runs. I thank you in advance. I just cant seem to do this and don't understand the logs at all. I am in your debt.

The bottom 2 files need to be renamed to .pvt (cant upload maps for some reason)

Attached Files
File Type: csv
ColdStart.WarmUP.csv (445.5 KB, 70 views)
log0001.csv (231.0 KB, 71 views)
log0002.csv (371.2 KB, 40 views)
log0003.csv (188.2 KB, 42 views)
log0006.csv (557.4 KB, 43 views)
log0007.csv (238.7 KB, 39 views)
log0008.csv (229.9 KB, 48 views)
MyMap.csv.csv (39.7 KB, 67 views)
FuelMotoOriginal107.csv.csv (26.9 KB, 77 views)
Old 05-21-2017, 09:37 PM
IKnowNot
Road Master
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

A couple of questions:

Is this physical spark knock that you can hear, or is it just showing up in the logs?

Are you using the stock HD plugs and wires?

Old 05-22-2017, 04:44 AM
Gordon61
Road Warrior
Received 129 Likes on 110 Posts

Deleted

Last edited by Gordon61; 05-22-2017 at 05:31 AM.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:35 AM
Gordon61
Road Warrior

I had a look at the maps... interesting

Yours says
"Mixed Map Dynojet FuelMoto"
Knock Control Minimum MAP = 30.1
and the timing tables seem rather high in the 30/40 @ 1750/2500 (although they were like that in the FM map so maybe best to ask them about that)
and you have 13.0 AFR pretty much everywhere

If you have the 107 big bore kit from FM, maybe best to ask them about a better/different starting map ...and about what you are trying to do here ...e.g. why did you set the Minimum MAP to 30??

Last edited by Gordon61; 05-22-2017 at 05:46 AM.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:10 PM
Gozzie
Road Captain

I copied and pasted the timing from the original map at 40 KPA and below to start over at that point. Then I made a few VE runs in that area. That's what I was wanting to show you so I could go from there . If I autotune it, it will keep pulling it forever at low TPS and KPA and never stop. It pulled it down to 6 degrees in a couple of areas.

I set it at 13 AFR just like autotune does. I figured everything set at the same AFR would be able to easier to detect the problem.

I'm sending it in to fuelmoto but I was hoping for a little help and advice so I'd know how to approach it from my end too.

Last edited by Gozzie; 05-22-2017 at 12:13 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:18 PM
Gozzie
Road Captain

Originally Posted by IKnowNot
A couple of questions:

Is this physical spark knock that you can hear, or is it just showing up in the logs?

Are you using the stock HD plugs and wires?
It is physical and I can hear it on this map. Stock plugs and wires. My old map was quiet and the knock only showed on the gauges, but the timing was so low in the 40 KPA and low TPS settings that it started running bad in that area and was still pulling more.

Old 05-22-2017, 12:27 PM
Gordon61
Road Warrior

Get a starting map from FM for their 107 kit.

Then autotune from there ...but leave the Powervision spark autotune disabled ...it doesn't work!! (obviously )

Golden rule I suppose is don't mess with the tables unless you really know what you are doing and are that clever ...the AFR table being one of them, the minimum MAP value being another. No disrespect intended what so ever just this crappola is not as easy as some of the words of wisdom in the forums would have you believe ...ha ha, mine included ...or is that especially

Note: autotune basic sets the AFR to about 14.3 ...have you got widebands or stock O2's? and also, just a thought but I'd question the 30/40 kpa timing columns in the original FM map you posted!

Old 05-22-2017, 05:39 PM
IKnowNot
Road Master

I don’t know if he is running the TT or AT-Pro, but he is running wide-bands.
Look at the logs again and you will see the lambda entries right off the bat.

There is another thread in the main tuning section that was discussing auto tuning spark tables.
I am not a fan of auto tuning spark tables with the PV: I tried it and it did not work well for me.

I agree with Gordon61.
That area of the spark maps looks a little high (at least compared to some of the starting maps I got for my build).

You really should ask FM about it.
They know a whole lot more then us, and know more about your build.

Old 05-22-2017, 08:53 PM
Gozzie
Road Captain

Yeah that is the fuelmoto map they sent me. I got the big bore 107 kit, with the cams, pistons, and whatnots along with the power vision and autotune pro with the wide band sensors and the map.

The power vision tuned the VE's after quite a few runs and got them under 5%. Then I did the timing runs and it pulled what it needed in the upper areas and stopped. In the lower areas it just kept pulling more and more and never stopped. The other part is the VE's keep changing down low, never at the upper levels.

So I went and put the original timing back in at 40 KPA and did the logs for you to see.

I set everything to 13 AFR just as autotune would do for you to look at the logs and see if anyone can interpret what may be going on. I admit it's above my head. I do however know that it pulled way too much timing down low.

I can run that map and do some logs if that would help anyone. Meanwhile I'll be working with fuelmoto to see what they do for it. I was just wanting to learn more on my own but I cant do it without you guys.

You guys know about idle KPA and all that. Is mine in the ball park or is that off too ?

Iknownot, your build is pretty similar to mine. Can I see your timing tables ? That may help me too. Thanks

Last edited by Gozzie; 05-22-2017 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:52 PM
IKnowNot
Road Master

As said, FM knows your build better then us.
What pistons were in the kit, what head gasket, was any head work done, what exhaust?
All these things will necessitate changes in the starting map.

Even if you have the exact same build that I do, you have to consider what ECM you have.
Your 2007 103 I am sure uses a different ECM then my 2009 96 with the hybrid 2010 ECM HD put in it.

Just keep in mind, once you start to tune, you should do the VE tables first.

If you then decide to adjust spark, finish with the spark tables, then re-tune the VE tables.
You will see changes.

My suggestion is do a clean run with whatever map you are using, log it, then contact Fm with both of those. SEND THEM THE TUNE AND LOG FROM THAT TUNE. Don’t adjust either in any way.
Describe your problems.

Quick Reply: DYNOJET: My Map, My Logs, My Problems, Help Wanted