The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

DYNOJET: Power Vision Target Tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 02:47 PM
mirrmu
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by FLTRI17
The absolute best ways to answer your questions are to either find folks who have had their bikes custom tuned and ask them OR research a tuner with a good reputation tuner within 500 miles and make a road trip out of it if necessary.
Afterward you have a direct comparison between before and after on the ride back.
Note: This assumes your bike is decently running so you can ride it to the tuner without burning it down...if so trailer it.

Bob
hahahaha, its gonna explode, get it to a tuner

advertising

Old 12-22-2016, 03:32 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by mirrmu

advertising
I've seen no advertising, just some facts from those who know what they're talking about. Actually, when you get into bigger builds with more compression, it's foolish to try and street tune it or fiddle with a canned map. It's a good way to ruin what could be a nice running engine. As pointed out, its going to need multiple tables optimized so it starts and runs correct hot or cold. I'm a firm believer of right from the lift and onto a dyno to be broken in and tuned.

Last edited by msocko3; 12-22-2016 at 03:38 PM.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:05 PM
Wide Open Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 208 Likes on 143 Posts

advertising

I see a couple very respected competent tuners offer advice and answering questions. I have yet to see advertising. And this is from someone that pays to be here.

Old 12-22-2016, 05:00 PM
mirrmu
Road Warrior

t^2 has been asking for details about the changes in map files between stock bike and an "optimized" bike, alas nothing has come forward

but, hey take your bike to the shop

not a surprise though considering tuners corrupt files

Old 12-22-2016, 05:56 PM
T^2
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,180 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by FLTRI17
"Significant" differences, that's a bit subjective.
What I can tell you is there enough difference between tuned and untuned 1200 Sportsters that 99% of the owner/riders out there can definitely feel the differrenc between the two.
That's not what I asked.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:56 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 567 Likes on 393 Posts

t^2 has been asking for details about the changes in map files between stock bike and an "optimized" bike, alas nothing has come forward

This is a pretty big false accusation and I will challenge you on it and ask you to back it up with fact. This is what you bring to the table but want me to post maps? Where are the maps you have posted? What have you brought to this site besides being a little bitch and trying to stir the pot. I am all for coming on here and trying to give the best advice I can, but the attitude of entitlement that you deserve what ever you want is BS.

I got nothing for you. That's from a guy that does and has posted maps, but has stopped because of this *****.

Old 12-23-2016, 01:01 PM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 618 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by T^2
That's not what I asked.
I read you wanted opinions from tuners concerning a canned tune map vs a custom tuned map as applied to a 1200 sporty.
I have answered it in more than one way.
if this is not what you asked please reword your question so it is a bit clearer as to what you are wanting from tuners.
Please try again to ask the specific question you are asking a specific answer to.
Bob

Old 12-23-2016, 01:05 PM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 618 Likes on 425 Posts

Interesting, a question was asked, answered, re-answered from two different experienced tuners but still are being told the question has not been answered.
PS - What are tuners corrupt files? Please elaborate.

Bob

Old 12-23-2016, 01:48 PM
mirrmu
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
This is a pretty big false accusation and I will challenge you on it and ask you to back it up with fact. This is what you bring to the table but want me to post maps? Where are the maps you have posted? What have you brought to this site besides being a little bitch and trying to stir the pot. I am all for coming on here and trying to give the best advice I can, but the attitude of entitlement that you deserve what ever you want is BS.

I got nothing for you. That's from a guy that does and has posted maps, but has stopped because of this *****.
there is always the "report a post button" if I am so inaccurate or misleading people the moderators can look over things, little yellow triangle button next to the post number

maybe a forum is not the right place for you if you get so angry with people discussing the motorbike industry

Last edited by mirrmu; 12-23-2016 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12-23-2016, 01:59 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 567 Likes on 393 Posts

there is always the "report a post button" if I am so inaccurate or misleading people and the moderators can look over things

maybe a forum is not the right place for you if you get so angry with people discussing the motorbike industry

I don't have to be angry to ask you to back your statement. I don't need to report it either. I can call you out on an open forum. People that are following will see your statement. See my call out and they see your response. That is better than getting angry and running to mods to have them remove anyhting.

Remember that it was tuners that you are accusing. That is plural. So, no backing up your statement then?

Quick Reply: DYNOJET: Power Vision Target Tune