The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

DYNOJET: Power Vision Target Tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2024, 03:44 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 368 Likes on 233 Posts

Maybe you need to look at the timing tables in the higher load areas? Where is the data showing knock retard? Until you get the knock retard figured out hopefully you've got both adaptive knock retard tables zeroed out.
You have to be "gazing" at the right tables and I don't think the target Lambda table is the first place to look.

The following users liked this post:
Fat11Lo (06-12-2024)
Old 06-11-2024, 04:22 PM
xxholdxx
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
Maybe you need to look at the timing tables in the higher load areas? Where is the data showing knock retard? Until you get the knock retard figured out hopefully you've got both adaptive knock retard tables zeroed out.
You have to be "gazing" at the right tables and I don't think the target Lambda table is the first place to look.
I have a knock count front and rear as well as rpm guage set. The last 2 rides there have been no knocks. Im going to try the new map and monitor it.
right now the knock retard I think is set to 1500+ rpm .
I'm not sure what data sets I should be looking at for knocks/retard

Old 06-11-2024, 05:14 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member

Doesn't the PV pull the timing when you generate the new tune? I can see that while processing the tune.

I don't use the PV but I can also copy the tables from the new tune and paste them into the tune used to collect the data and see the difference.
There should be a couple of adaptive knock retard tables you can zero out. You want to get your ve tables as accurate as possible.

Old 06-11-2024, 05:53 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,411 Likes on 3,619 Posts

There is adaptive learning with the PV and target tone You need to make sure that's enabled on when PV and then load it into your power vision to be tuner.
No the PV does not pull timing when you generate a new tune That's all separate, It doesn't automatically do that... The only time it pulls timing is if it senses a knock sequence at that time it will retard the timing until it goes away and then will let it come return to whatever the timing tables are set to..
Lean conditions are huge in promoting knock retard.. You do need to get your tune on and then adjust your timing tables or you can bring your timing down 3° across the board to be on the safe side and just tune from there and then slowly bring them back up and watch your hits only after you get your VE set which is actually controlled by your desired AFR chart..

Old 06-11-2024, 06:03 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by 98hotrodfatboy
There is adaptive learning with the PV and target tone
Are you sure about that? I had a chat with Steve Cole about that and he maintains there is no adaptive learning on the broadband side of the ecm.

Old 06-11-2024, 06:31 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,411 Likes on 3,619 Posts

Yeah we'll Steve is not a fan of Power Vision, that's well known.. However I'm positive that it does have adapting learning and does change the VEs and puts them in a file all on its own to reuse. Even in the drop-down table you can go in and enAble or disable this function.. Here's a picture of adaptive control and read the paragraph down below which explains how it uses it how it stores it and how it works..

Also please define the broadband side on the ECM..

Last edited by 98hotrodfatboy; 06-11-2024 at 06:36 PM.
Old 06-11-2024, 07:13 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member

Well as I understand it it will "adapt" to hit the target afr or lambda value but the problem is it doesn't remember what it did to get there once you move to a different cell. With the narrowband side it will remember how much it moved and remember that, long term adaptive. If it moves 10 units to hit target it remembers that and applies that value next time it enters that cell. This doesn't happen on the broadband side so if it moves 10+ in one cell and then moves to the next cell that needs -10 it has to move 20 units to get there. I hope I'm explaining this right. The broadband capability has always been in the ecm. This is how they built base cals quickly. They could actually adjust these numbers live without needing to stop, shut the bike off and flash a new tune. Very quick and effective. With the SE Pro Tune enabled there is no o2 integrator value present in the data, hence you have to have the ve tables dialled in very accurately. The 131 I mentioned earlier was the first I've done with the wide band kit and it worked well. Just my opinion but if it was my bike after tuning, I would've removed the unit and put the narrowbands back in to take advantage of the adaptive fuel and the fact that i believe they will last longer. You can do this with the TTS because you aren't using a "special" calibration, you just enable the broadband setting when flashing the map and collecting the data.

Old 06-11-2024, 07:53 PM
xxholdxx
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
Doesn't the PV pull the timing when you generate the new tune? I can see that while processing the tune.

I don't use the PV but I can also copy the tables from the new tune and paste them into the tune used to collect the data and see the difference.
There should be a couple of adaptive knock retard tables you can zero out. You want to get your ve tables as accurate as possible.

so i need to manually zero them out? Just checking.....

Old 06-11-2024, 08:04 PM
xxholdxx
6th Gear

Originally Posted by 98hotrodfatboy
There is adaptive learning with the PV and target tone You need to make sure that's enabled on when PV and then load it into your power vision to be tuner.
No the PV does not pull timing when you generate a new tune That's all separate, It doesn't automatically do that... The only time it pulls timing is if it senses a knock sequence at that time it will retard the timing until it goes away and then will let it come return to whatever the timing tables are set to..
Lean conditions are huge in promoting knock retard.. You do need to get your tune on and then adjust your timing tables or you can bring your timing down 3° across the board to be on the safe side and just tune from there and then slowly bring them back up and watch your hits only after you get your VE set which is actually controlled by your desired AFR chart..
I edited my ve to sort of match what you have.
I also edited the throttle blade a bit as well to be a little more aggressive.
With the combo of the 2 I'm getting more power available.
I left the spark tables where they were at as i added more fuel across the board and I wasn't recording any knocked events.
I went out for a ride and it has more power available in the mid range which is what I'm looking for.
Im going to toy with the throttle blade some more and see if i cant smooth it out a little.
I'm not confident enough to dick with the spark tables yet so I'm running auto tune with the ve table learning off and the spark set to 10. The average was +7-9% on the learn so it was advancing the timing .
it's crispercrisper it was before. particularly in 4th and 5th gear 2500 rpm and up which felt not so much sluggish just more gradual than I thought it should I guess.

The following users liked this post:
98hotrodfatboy (06-11-2024)
Old 06-11-2024, 08:14 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by xxholdxx
so i need to manually zero them out? Just checking.....
Not that table, that's just showing how much timing is pulled. The ecm has adaptive knock. It removes and remembers some of the amount the fast knock retard pulls. This amount is not reset like the adaptive fuel values when you flash the map. Zeroing out the following tables stops the ecm from applying theses values so you get actual values. Just reset them when done. The only way to remove the values if IIRC is 50 key cycles of no events.

Quick Reply: DYNOJET: Power Vision Target Tune