The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

DYNOJET: Power Vision Target Tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2024, 06:53 PM
xxholdxx
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default afr help .....

I'm not sure if i should be posting this question here or not.... Anyway, Here are my afr tables. I'm wondering if I should manually adjust them so I get closer to 13.1 in the mid range OR if there is something I sould be logging to compare it to before I do anything. It's from my last autotune session. Ive done a bunch of research, however I'm not sure wht questions to ask and I've spennt hours using the search function and looking on the net.

Old 06-10-2024, 09:05 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,411 Likes on 3,619 Posts

Originally Posted by xxholdxx
I'm not sure if i should be posting this question here or not.... Anyway, Here are my afr tables. I'm wondering if I should manually adjust them so I get closer to 13.1 in the mid range OR if there is something I sould be logging to compare it to before I do anything. It's from my last autotune session. Ive done a bunch of research, however I'm not sure wht questions to ask and I've spennt hours using the search function and looking on the net.
Need more info on the motor, Cams, heads, pipes, intake.. Did you modify the engine and if so, exactly what.. Also are you running narrow or wide band sensors?
Also I'm your WinPV software program on your laptop When you load your tune and then open the drop down fuel menu and then click on air fuel ratio lambda your desired AFRs come up.. Now if you look in the upper right hand corner where it says show air fuel ratio, using stoichiometric of there's a drop-down menu pick gas 14.7 and then it will give you two AFR numbers that are much easier to read that you don't have to convert from lambda to stoick or gas..
Here's a copy of my set AFR table which is going to be a lot different than yours my motor's heavily built but you'll get the general idea. One more thing I'm running Target tune with wide band sensors...

Last edited by 98hotrodfatboy; 06-10-2024 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-10-2024, 10:04 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 368 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by 98hotrodfatboy
Here's a copy of my set AFR table which is going to be a lot different than yours my motor's heavily built but you'll get the general idea. One more thing I'm running Target tune with wide band sensors...
Just my opinion but you could be setting your targets much leaner below 85 kpa. Have you been mapping your ve table with the Target Tune?

Old 06-10-2024, 10:54 PM
xxholdxx
6th Gear

Need more info on the motor, Cams, heads, pipes, intake.. Did you modify the engine and if so, exactly what.. Also are you running narrow or wide band sensors?
Also I'm your WinPV software program on your laptop When you load your tune and then open the drop down fuel menu and then click on air fuel ratio lambda your desired AFRs come up.. Now if you look in the upper right hand corner where it says show air fuel ratio, using stoichiometric of there's a drop-down menu pick gas 14.7 and then it will give you two AFR numbers that are much easier to read that you don't have to convert from lambda to stoick or gas..

Sorry, 2020 rgs 114 se hi-flow air reinheardt slipons, de-catted head pipe pv2 target tune wide band o2 is all. Wheni get home from work tomorrow ill loook i to it.

Old 06-11-2024, 06:04 AM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
Just my opinion but you could be setting your targets much leaner below 85 kpa. Have you been mapping your ve table with the Target Tune?
Yes I am using Target tune and when it comes to my VE tables, I'm within 1 to 2% of long and short-term corrections.. That's why everything's where it's at.. plugs look great as well..

Old 06-11-2024, 09:11 AM
xxholdxx
6th Gear

Spoiler

Old 06-11-2024, 12:14 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Since you are utilizing wide band I would start with the AFR's I have set in my tune and go from there.. Just make sure in the WinPV you have "closed loop" enabled.. 1 is enabled. I would also set my minimum Kpa/Map to 18.. See how that is and then auto turn from there.. You AFR's are way to lean.. Just my opinion..

Old 06-11-2024, 12:57 PM
xxholdxx
6th Gear

Since you are utilizing wide band I would start with the AFR's I have set in my tune and go from there.. Just make sure in the WinPV you have "closed loop" enabled.. 1 is enabled. I would also set my minimum Kpa/Map to 18.. See how that is and then auto turn from there.. You AFR's are way to lean.. Just my opinion..
I agree, they're too lean that's whet concerned me.I'll give it a shot

Old 06-11-2024, 01:15 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 368 Likes on 233 Posts

You AFR's are way to lean.. Just my opinion..
Well I have to politely disagree. Here is the Lambda table from a 131 With the SE Smart Tune Pro. On the wideband side of the ecm there is no "adaptive" learning. You have to have your ve tables spot on.

Old 06-11-2024, 02:51 PM
xxholdxx
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
Well I have to politely disagree. Here is the Lambda table from a 131 With the SE Smart Tune Pro. On the wideband side of the ecm there is no "adaptive" learning. You have to have your ve tables spot on.

I'm not sure what you mean, the auto tune feature will refine the tables somewhat. I need a place to start. I was having knock problems from 28 to 3500 rpm when I rolled the throttle on. in BOTH tunes I had 1 from fuelmoto 1 from dyno jet. I changed to the dyno jet tune because I haven't received an answer in 3 weeks from fuel moto on my tune request. I would rather have my bike run a little rich over lean. I'm experimenting and he's given me a place to start with a decent looking table that is richer in the mid range area than what I have now.
The proof will be in the riding. if it runs like **** (which I doubt) then Ill go back to the drawing board and try again.
What I won't do is partake in paralysis by analysis. Meaning spending a bunch of time navel gazing and trying to make sure everything is absolutely perfect thereby not actually getting anything done .

Quick Reply: DYNOJET: Power Vision Target Tune