The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

DYNOJET: In case this might help someone run Power Vision Auto Tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 08:16 AM
martin10
Road Warrior
Received 512 Likes on 334 Posts
Default In case this might help someone run Power Vision Auto Tune

I no longer need to run auto tune unless I change something. And I forget all the steps. Here is a simplified set of instructions that I made. Printed it out and keep in the box with the power vision.

Program vehicle
Auto Tune
Enable Auto Tune
Select Map
Select Basic
Turn off ignition

Turn on ignition
Program vehicle
Auto Tune
Start Bike
Datalog

When finished with auto tune session.

Switch Run/Stop switch to Stop. CAN bus bikes only. Other need the switch in run
Exit
Export Learned
Cap
Select Slot for map

Back
Back
Program Vehicle with new custom tune from slot you selected.

Last edited by martin10; 06-17-2016 at 09:19 AM.
Old 06-16-2016, 04:57 PM
baloot-boy
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by martin10
I no longer need to run auto tune unless I change something. And I forget all the steps. Here is a simplified set of instructions that I made. Printed it out and keep in the box with the power vision.

Program vehicle
Auto Tune
Enable Auto Tune
Select Map
Select Basic
Turn off ignition

Turn on ignition
Program vehicle
Auto Tune
Start Bike
Datalog

When finished with auto tune session.

Switch Run/Stop switch to Stop.
Exit
Export Learned
Cap
Select Slot for map

Back
Back
Program Vehicle with new custom tune from slot you selected.
You wont be able to select a slot for the map if your switch is in Stop because the ECM is not on. Need to be at Run to save your map and also program vehicle with your new tune.

Old 06-16-2016, 06:57 PM
martin10
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by baloot-boy
You wont be able to select a slot for the map if your switch is in Stop because the ECM is not on. Need to be at Run to save your map and also program vehicle with your new tune.
That is absolutely not true with my bike. That is the way I have done it every time. In fact, I just did it today.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:55 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 373 Likes on 236 Posts

That is absolutely not true with my bike. That is the way I have done it every time. In fact, I just did it today.
Can buss?

Old 06-17-2016, 12:44 AM
baloot-boy
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Mines an 06 so maybe it's different from yours.

Old 06-17-2016, 09:19 AM
martin10
Road Warrior

Yep. Turns out we are both correct. My bike is a CAN bus bike. I will edit my post to reflect that.

Old 06-18-2016, 06:17 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

There's another complication to add for CVO and LR-S canbus bikes which don't have ignition switches. On mine, going to "stop" kills power to the bike, so you have to stop the datalog and export to slot while the motor is still running. If you go to "stop" power is cut to the PV and it goes dark...

Old 06-18-2016, 07:38 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 567 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
There's another complication to add for CVO and LR-S canbus bikes which don't have ignition switches. On mine, going to "stop" kills power to the bike, so you have to stop the datalog and export to slot while the motor is still running. If you go to "stop" power is cut to the PV and it goes dark...
And you loose what is not saved. It seems that several tuning devices do this. You collect data and at the end. You save it to where ever. I don't see how they think this is a good idea. I only know of one that allows you select where to save the data and if anything happens to power. It is saved up to power loss.

Old 06-18-2016, 07:48 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
And you loose what is not saved. It seems that several tuning devices do this. You collect data and at the end. You save it to where ever. I don't see how they think this is a good idea. I only know of one that allows you select where to save the data and if anything happens to power. It is saved up to power loss.
Yes, but if you stop the datalog while the motor is still running, you can save and export the autotune results as normal. Spoke to Dynojet about it and it works the same as if you Kill the motor on other models. The only difference is you have to shut down after saving and power back up so the motor isn't running and load the new tune and get rid of the autotune modded stuff (retarded timing, etc.)

Old 06-22-2016, 09:51 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,165 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
Power Vision Auto Tune and PV Log data is automatically saved in the PV device every 30 seconds, if the bike is shut off before you end your log or AT session the most data you will lose is the last seconds. Even if the PV is unplugged you will not lose your Log or Auto Tune session.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

The following users liked this post:
techbill (09-22-2017)

Quick Reply: DYNOJET: In case this might help someone run Power Vision Auto Tune