The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

DYNOJET: Issue with Dyno-Tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 05:49 PM
Scott Grout
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Issue with Dyno-Tune

I have my bike at the shop "trying" to have it dyno-tuned. They have had it for two days and said that they will not be able to tune it. I have yet to talk to the dyno operator directly to hear first hand as to why.

The message that I received from the shop manager is that their dyno will not connect to the o2 sensors. They told me that the dyno operator has been back and forth with DynoJet trying to figure it out. The bike is a 2015 Iron with stock NB o2 sensors and supposedly the dyno is a 250i.

I plan on going to the shop tomorrow to pick it up and to ask for more details on exactly what the issue is.

Can any of you give any ideas on what the problem may be?

Old 06-03-2016, 07:55 PM
jbarr1
Road Master
Received 306 Likes on 211 Posts

Sounds like BS. Let us know the outcome. Try your best to talk to the dyno operator for the straight scoop.

Old 06-06-2016, 05:04 AM
Scott Grout
Advanced

So I picked up the bike, on Saturday. The dyno operator was not there so I told the mechanic, that was there, that I would really like to speak with him to get the details. He told me that he would leave the operator a note to call me.

There was a note written on the bottom of my paper work that stated "unable to connect to USB port". The mechanic said that the operator was not able to establish communication between their Dyno and the PV. He said that the operator called DynoJet to try and work it out, without success. He said that neither of their Dynos would connect.

The mechanic said that he can run the dyno, but does not know anything about the computer part of it and maybe their software is outdated for the PV. He said that he would have the operator call me since he knows.

Now I will wait a couple of days and call back.

Old 06-06-2016, 06:38 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

find another tuner would be my suggestion. They would have to have a really old piece of software in order to not be compatible with the PV. This whole thing sounds fishy unless there is a problem with the PV-2 itself. Bought it new or used?

Old 06-06-2016, 05:31 PM
Scott Grout
Advanced

Yes, I plan on finding another tuner.

The PV-2 is brand new. I bought it in February of this year. I have not had any problems with it. I have ran AutoTune several times, connected it to my computer and used WinPV to get & load tunes. If I knew what I was doing, I could make changes to the tunes, but I don't.

When/If I ever get to speak with the first tuner I will let you know what he says.

When I find another shop I will let you know what they say.

I guess on a positive note I did get a free base run out of the deal.

Old 06-07-2016, 09:05 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott Grout
Yes, I plan on finding another tuner.

The PV-2 is brand new. I bought it in February of this year. I have not had any problems with it. I have ran AutoTune several times, connected it to my computer and used WinPV to get & load tunes. If I knew what I was doing, I could make changes to the tunes, but I don't.

When/If I ever get to speak with the first tuner I will let you know what he says.

When I find another shop I will let you know what they say.

I guess on a positive note I did get a free base run out of the deal.
cool.. then you know the problem lies with their equipment so that even furthers my suggestion of finding someone else. Call DJ and see if they can recommend someone local to you. Or go over to HTT and ask there if anyone will recommend a good PV tuner in your area.

The following users liked this post:
Scott Grout (06-07-2016)
Old 06-07-2016, 09:25 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 567 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott Grout

The message that I received from the shop manager is that their dyno will not connect to the o2 sensors. They told me that the dyno operator has been back and forth with DynoJet trying to figure it out. The bike is a 2015 Iron with stock NB o2 sensors and supposedly the dyno is a 250i.

The dyno doesn't need to connect to the vision. The dyno doesn't need to read the NB o2's. The vision is more than capable of doing this all with in itself. If the tuner doesn't know how to use it as a stand alone. (just like any other DIY street tuner) I would consider him a program user and not a dyno tuner.

Try and find a tuner that is limited by the device he is using. Not limited by his knowledge on that device.

The following users liked this post:
Scott Grout (06-07-2016)
Old 06-07-2016, 02:39 PM
Scott Grout
Advanced

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
The dyno doesn't need to connect to the vision. The dyno doesn't need to read the NB o2's. The vision is more than capable of doing this all with in itself. If the tuner doesn't know how to use it as a stand alone. (just like any other DIY street tuner) I would consider him a program user and not a dyno tuner.

Try and find a tuner that is limited by the device he is using. Not limited by his knowledge on that device.

That is what I was thinking, but the whole Dyno thing is new to me so I am learning as I go along. I do not know the ins and outs of the system therefore I am limited.

I have been reading a lot of the posts on Dyno-tuning and it gets overwhelming.

Old 06-07-2016, 04:14 PM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Where did you purchase the PV-2 from

Andy

Old 06-07-2016, 04:45 PM
Scott Grout
Advanced

Andy,

I purchased the PV-2 from Amazon. As soon as I got it I updated it with the PV Client. Then I retrieved my base map to send to HAMMER so they could tweak it for the break-in period. I have run 16 AT sessions since the build.

About an hour ago I ran the PV Client and it updated the WinPV software and the firmware on the PV-2. I am pretty certain that the PV-2 is functioning properly.

I checked the DJ website and there seems to be a couple of shops locally that are listed. (As is the one that I first took my bike to.)

I checked the sticky https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-dyno-room/1117874-hdf-dyno-and-tuner-shop-locator.html for tuner shops and found that Wide Open Cycles is the closest listed for me. They are almost 3 hrs away from me.

Quick Reply: DYNOJET: Issue with Dyno-Tune