2011 streetglide lean angle

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011 | 10:32 AM
cubby104
|
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 streetglide lean angle

Question? I was in an accident with my 2011 street glide, the accident reconstruction used the listed right lean angle of 32 degree. Harley told me 32 degree was on an empty bike? I'm trying to figure out the lean angle of my bike (810lbs) laden with myself and rider at 453lbs plus I had a ultra tour pac and gear. Plus lateral G's on the bike. Estimating the weight of the bike conservitavely @ 1250lbs on a radius corner of 570 feet. The reconstruction showed me trying to make a 288 foot corner and at 32 degree lean, coming up with my speed. I dont beleive I was going 50mph. Therefor trying to to come up with a more realistic lean angle. What happened? I was passing a vehicle that was in the left hand lane. When I went to merge back in front of the the vehicle I saw in my mirror I had room to merge, I turn my head to double check I had plenty of room. I started to merge, when I looked back ahead I was coming into a right hand corner and laid the bike down and slid into the other lane. I really suck at math and was hoping someone could help with a number that would be realistic, and some formula I could take for my defence? Please help!! Thanks, Mike