Support for The Troops and their Families This is the place to give and get information about Support for our Troops and their Families.

Operation from the Heart - support our troops

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Smitty0128
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Operation from the Heart - support our troops

check us out... I am a Harley owner and just found this site. I also run a non profit that is a support our troops organization

www.opfth.com or www.operationfromtheheart.com and www.myspace.com/opfth

I look forward to lurking these forums.

Old 01-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Smitty0128
Road Master
Default RE: Operation from the Heart

OPERATION "FROM THE HEART" NEEDS YOUR HELP

WE NEED LETTERS, LETTERS AND MORE LETTERS!

SUPPLIES, CIGARS, MAGAZINES, FOOD ITEMS ALSO WELCOME!

www.opfth.com was started in 2004 by Tony (Cav) and I to help send care packages to the Marines fighting in Iraq. It was in direct response to a BOTL here (1st sgt smoke) who was deployed. He has since returned to the states and is actively involved in the project now. What first started as a group of buds sending 1 or 2 boxes has expanded greatly. We now support approx 10-15 units a month and seem to find more and more as we go. We shipped over 2000 lbs of goods to the troops in 2006 alone.

we're collecting "stuff" to send over (cigars, eye drops, bandanas, etc.), and any and all donations are greatly appreciated. the goal for now is to get at least one big box sent over to every unit we adopt each month until they come home.

however, the BIGGEST part of this effort is in the human connection -- we need LETTERS, CARDS, NOTES to send over to distribute to these guys.

if you can, get others involved in writing letters as well -- sit your family down one evening and write a couple letters. ask your colleagues and co-workers to write letters. everything counts and is needed and appreciated.

i know there are a lot of "for the troops" collections going on. each and every one of them is very valuable, and i encourage everyone to give something to at least one of them -- doesn't matter which one.

but even if you don't have "stuff" to send, PLEASE at least write a letter to go out with the OpFTH packages. if nothing else, email your message to me, and i will reformat it as a letter, envelope it individually and send it along with the outgoing packages.

thanks to those who are already taking part in this, and here's hoping more will join us in this effort. Please take a second to check out our website at www.opfth.com and our forums links there to check on the status of units, see updates and pictures of the troops and our care packages as they leave.

We are now a NON PROFIT Organization. All donations are now tax deductible!!!! WHOOOOHOOOO! contact us for details.

SEMPER FI!

We currently have 3 Shipping offices you can send your donations to :

Midwest Operations – Bill Schmidt (schmitty22) smitty at opfth.com

Southern Operations- Michael Ladd (mladd) mladd at opfth.com

Central Operations- Clint Green (Clint at opfth.com)

Contact us directly or personal message us at our site forums boards and we can get you details~

“Smitty”

check out our website at: www.opfth.com

myspace at: www.myspace.com/opfth

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR SUPPORT IN 2007

Old 01-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Smitty0128
Road Master

192lbs of goodies left for the troops today from midwest. Thanks for all of your support and donations.

details at www.opfth.com on the forums units sections

Old 01-11-2007, 12:33 PM
Smitty0128
Road Master

OPERATION FROM THE HEART (OpFTH)[/i][/b]

JOINS THE [/b]AMERICA[/b][/i] SUPPORTS YOU[/i] [/b]TEAM[/b][/b]

Local group adds their support for the troops to Department of Defense effort[/b]

[/b]

WASHINGTON, D.C., [/b]1/11/07[/b]— [/b]OpFTH announced today that it has officially joined America Supports You[/i], an ongoing, nationwide Department of Defense program to showcase and communicate America’s support for the men and women of the Armed Forces and their families OpFTH is an organization dedicated to sending a little Love and care packages “from the heart” to U.S. Soldiers deployed over seas.

[/b]

“We are thrilled to welcome OpFTH to the America Supports You[/i] team,” said Allison Barber, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs. “Their dedication to our service members is truly inspiring, and we are so happy to have them on the team.”

To date, OpFTH has shipped over 4000 lbs of goodies to the troops in 3 years. Working with America Supports You[/i] in the future, OpFTH hopes to exceed that total this year alone.

“We are very excited about being associated with this group. We have supported their efforts for sometime now and look forward a great partnership.” Said Bill Schmidt, Midwest Operations and Executive of OpFTH.

OpFTH is now one of almost 250 non-profit organizations that have joined America Supports You [/i]to enhance their local services to our active duty military members, veterans and their families. America Supports You [/i]provides a forum for team members to network and communicate with one another in order to share information and pool their resources.

About America Supports You

America Supports You is an ongoing, nationwide program organized by the Department of Defense to showcase Americans’ support for the men and women of the Armed Forces and their families. Since its launch in November of 2004, the America Supports You program has welcomed nearly 250 grassroots organizations and more than 30 corporations to the team. Many America Supports You team members support the troops through letter writing, care packages, helping the wounded when they return home, assisting military families, sending an email or kind gesture—to learn more about how you can support military personnel please visit www.AmericaSupportsYou.mil.

About OpFTH[/i][/b]

OpFTH is a grass roots support organization and 501(c)3 nonprofit that sends care packages to the troops deployed overseas. We take pride in knowing that we include personal letters and hand made cards and pack each box with “from the heart” items that let those that serve our country that we care about them and their safety. We maintain contact with all our troops we ship to even after they return home. More information can be found at www.operationfromtheheart.com or our myspace site at www.myspace.com/opfth
[/i][/b]

Old 01-11-2007, 11:25 PM
mcb
Tourer

FYI- Smitty0128 is a very close friend of mine. He has dedicated his time and heart to this effort to support the troops. There is not a day that goes by that he does not take time to work on getting the word out to SUPPORT OUR TROOPS, he is truly an outstanding citizen going above and beyond to insure that OUR troops are supported not with just materail items but with support such as a personal letter from someone to go to soldier that may otherwise not have a connection while deployed.
As a veteran that has been deployed to a combat zone, any little package or letter can sure take your mind off the situation if only for a brief moment.
Please consider looking into what you can do to support our troops by simply making a small purchase and getting it to one of the organizations such as Operation from the heart.
Bill, you have done an outstanding service to the soldiers,very proud of you contribution!

Old 01-16-2007, 08:04 PM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Bump

Old 03-02-2007, 10:26 AM
Smitty0128
Road Master

8 MAJOR boxes leaving for the troops today from OpFTH midwest.

details at the website

www.opfth.com

forums

Thanks to those that have donated items in the past few weeks to help fill these with goodies and cigars and magazines etc.

Old 04-16-2007, 02:14 PM
Smitty0128
Road Master

almost a year ago today we lost a great hero. A target of OpFTH who will forever be remembered.

I got this email today (and the ok to share it)

Going to have a tribute cigar for him later - thought I would share. This is why we do this !!!

"Smitty,
>
> I wrote you last year and I wanted to thank you again as we come up on
> the one year anniversary of the passing of my bro, SFC Daniel Suplee,
> injured in Afghanistan (a recipient of your services and, as one, a
> soldier who became known as the "cigar man" at Camp Phoenix as he made
> sure everyone had access to them).
>
> Whether you know it or not, your organization made a HUGE impact on
> him and his battles down-range. At his memorial services at
> Arlington, Tampa Bay and Berlin, Maryland, the cigar theme played a
> key role, in that the comfort brought by these gifts from the people
> back home made life, in a difficult situation, a bit more bearable.
>
> Thank you for what you do, and as I went to our local veteran's
> memorial tonight (in a flood warning so I am a tad wet) I smoked my
> cigar with Danny and thought of OPFTH immediately and wanted to shout
> out at you and let you know just how important your work and time are.
>
> Thank you and i am proud of what your group is doing for our men and
> women overseas,
>
> Paul Suplee
>
>
"

Old 05-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Smitty0128
Road Master

Postage rates have just gone up again. Shipping boxes to the troops has been raised to approx $1 a box or more in some cases. This additional cost is to help supplement the military retirement plans. thats a great thing, however, its killing OpFTH and organizations like ours.
If you ever thought of donating to a great cause. The time is now.
The Midwest office (mine) ships twice a month and approx 21 box on average. The costs of shipping has gone over $200 a month. Most of this cost comes out of my pocket. When you donate to OpFTH - we use that money immediately for the shipping costs next time and then i pay the balance. There is NEVER any cash left in the OpFTH acct for more then 14 days.
any little bit helps! and its tax deductible
All donations can be sent to : (make checks payable to Operation from the heart)
OpFTH
29456 Groesbeck Hwy
Roseville MI 48066
or donate via paypal or other sources on our website at www.opfth.com
THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Keep this project going strong~ the troops deserve it!
Bill
"smitty"
www.opfth.com

Old 06-12-2008, 09:57 PM
Smitty0128
Road Master

If your in Michigan and attending the HARLEYFEST this weekend,&nbsp\\; BE sure to seek out to smell of cigars. I will be working a booth with the ONLY cigar sales vendor and passing out OpFTH info and tshirts (for donations).&nbsp\\; Stop by and say hi! and introduce yourself to me as a HDF member.&nbsp\\;

Saturday 12-11pm Freedom Hill