Support for The Troops and their Families This is the place to give and get information about Support for our Troops and their Families.

Mail Restrictions

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 02:19 AM
akdmax
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mail Restrictions

All,

I'd hate to see you waste your time and money supporting the troops by sending "unauthorized" items to the troops. Please check with USPS for any mailing restrictions for the specific zip code you are sending the package to. You can also use http://freebizadsweb.com/apofpolist.asp to check for specific area restrictions; enter the zip code and it will pull up a list of restrictions that you can click on for an explanation. Hope this helps.

Old 12-05-2006, 02:22 AM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Mail Restrictions

Thanks Bro! Man this place is workin! We have a lot of experience here on mailings and we just keep gettin more! I posted that link at the Top

Old 12-05-2006, 02:38 AM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Send Liquor. or women. [sm=drooldude.gif]

Old 12-07-2006, 03:32 AM
puddles13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Was told by the PO.....

Do NOT send pork products. They will send the whole box back.

Old 12-10-2006, 02:12 AM
outdoorgirl57
Road Master

www.anysoldier.com has a lot of good information about the "dos' and "don'ts" for sending things to the troops. You can also get names of contacts. I have been sending boxes of gifts for a couple years now to Iraq and Afghanistan using the addresses and information of their site.

Old 12-10-2006, 02:39 AM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks ODgirl, we appreciate all you folks are doing. We have a link at the Top under Information, Information to just such information. We are attempting to make this a little more Personal by getting Names and Addresses, for you Folks to "Adopt" someone!
ORIGINAL: outdoorgirl57

www.anysoldier.com has a lot of good information about the "dos' and "don'ts" for sending things to the troops. You can also get names of contacts. I have been sending boxes of gifts for a couple years now to Iraq and Afghanistan using the addresses and information of their site.

Old 12-20-2006, 04:45 PM
Smitty0128
Road Master

you can find a list of "Want / Wish" list items and the "do not send" list from the USPS on our site too.

however, here is a tip!

Remember that the soldiers boxes are not REALLY passing customs inspections. If you list the forbidden items on the customs forms you will ALWAY get the box rejected.

yes i know, "isnt it a lie to not have the box contents on the forms?" YES! however, after the box clears your local post office it goes to the nearest miliary base and waits for a cargo shipment to Iraq. There is no usps custom inspector on the other side. The last time someone looked at the box was when you turned in the box for shipment.

so.. what does this mean? it means , organizations like us that pride ourselve on shipping the troops what they need. Have i lied about tabacco products? YES! do the troops enjoy a nice cigar in the down time ? YES! will i continue to ship them tabacco to enjoy ? YES!

I am not saying to just outright lie and put only books on the form and pack it with pork, tabacco and alcohol. its just letting you know that if there is something the troops are asking for and I (we) can get them it to make even one moment of joy while there fighting for our freedom - I am going to DO IT!

TIP #2: pack everything in ziplocks. put all the stuff that can explode in non pressure cabins on transport in a seperate bag from the other items. Never send scented soap with food items (you know a nice treat that tastes like ivory soap can really wreck a day). Liquids (hand sanitizers and shave cream - in bags)

feel free to contact me if you need further assistance.