Support for The Troops and their Families This is the place to give and get information about Support for our Troops and their Families.

Recovering Soldiers and locations..

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006 | 10:41 AM
Biggol
|
Road Warrior
Default Recovering Soldiers and locations..

Good morning HDForums folks -

I got this email earlier and figured I'm going to send a bundle of cards out this year to the troops; read below:

No doubt you are currently, or shortly will be, buying and mailing Christmas cards to friends and family. I have a special request. If you can, please send an extra one (or 10 or 20) to our American military heroes who are recuperating from wounds sustained in Iraq. I would hate to think that there are young men and women at Walter Reed who will spend Christmas in a hospital, thinking they've been forgotten. Please enclose a short note with your card, thanking them for their service and personal sacrifice. They are the protectors of our freedom, we must let them know. Your small act of kindness will be greatly appreciated. Here's the address...

A Recovering American Soldier

c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center

6900 Georgia Avenue, NW

Washington, DC 20307-5001

If you would, please forward this message to your email friends, family, co-workers, and anyone else you can. Thank you!

I usually send E-cards and stuff like that but that's only good for so much. These yound men and women with injuries may or may not have anyone near them this holiday or relatives without the resources to travel. If they're wounded and recovering they may be depressed also. They've done so much for me, I want to do for them, even if it's something little.

If you know of any additional location where recovering soldiers might be, away from their families, please post the address here so anyone else who feels like I do can send them a Holiday "Thank you - Hoorah!" in the form of a letter, card, or otherwise.

And if you send them a card, please include a note about yourself so that its their choice to get to know a bit about one of the people who's freedom they protected. Thanks guys.

Old 12-04-2006 | 10:56 AM
bosnmate
Banned
Default RE: Recovering Soldiers and locations..

As a disabled veteran myself I would like to thank you for posting this. If you all have the opportunity to send these cards please do, it really means a lot to the veterans.

When I was in the Navy a High School Junior sent me a "Letter to a Soldier" and I responded to the letter and we have been pen pals ever since, that has been 9 years now. She is getting married and she sent me an invitation to the wedding. I am hoping to get to go because that would be the first time we ever met.

Old 12-04-2006 | 11:53 AM
Punky Brewster
Banned

Thanks for the post Biggol

Old 12-04-2006 | 04:14 PM
Wolhar
Banned

Thanks Bigol, more on Military Mail and stuff is coming, keep yer eyes peeled!

Old 12-04-2006 | 04:28 PM
Harley Rulz
Banned

Thanks for the info.The way I see it,We can't do enough to repay these brave Heros.

Old 12-05-2006 | 07:26 PM
Wolhar
Banned

For those of you who may live near or within Driving distance of a Military Base, they have what the Marines call a Wounded Warrior Barracks. The other branches most likely have another name for it. Anyway, at Camp Lejeune, it is the Wounded Warriors Barracks, these are guys who have injuries and other Medical conditions that require Therapy or other Medical Procedures, and they cannot perform their usual duties, remember these guys too. Deliver some goodies, or some Books and Magazines.