Support for The Troops and their Families This is the place to give and get information about Support for our Troops and their Families.

Old Motorcycle magazines

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 12:50 PM
wwleady
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me, I got a black denim fatboy!

In our small group orders are have been placed for two fatboys, an Ultra, a Streetglide, a Crossbones, and Vrod. We are trying convince a few more to purchase but some folks are happier in a minivan.

I have some friends who work at Picatiny. I work on the Rock Island Arsenal myself.

I will be celebrating Armed Forces Day in the best spot, within the Armed Forces! I got out and had to fight to get back in, so I say that with 100 percent sincerity.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:56 AM
desertclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Had a friend that worked on Rock Island, I always enjoyed visiting the area. I have some magazines on the way. I have been in touch with the local harley store, Barnetts of Las Cruces, and they are digging up some stuff for me to send. Let me know if you need other stuff and I will see what I can do. Be safe and when you get back we will try to get together for a ride.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:21 AM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your gonna Love the Fatboy.
I mailed out a bunch of mags on Saturday. I have no clue how long it will take to get to you though. There are only 3 motorcycle magazines in there with about 10 mens health and other fitness mags and 1 sports illustrated swimsuit addition. I think it's 08.
Unfortunately I did not make it to Picatinny, My dad just recently had his other hip replaced and he didn't feel up to all the walking around yet. Instead I mowed his lawn and did other lawn work. I did get to ride around later in the afternoon though.
Oh well, I guess next year.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:26 PM
wwleady
6th Gear

I have been wanting a Fatboy since they came out. It took going to war to save enough cash to pull it off. I will get 2 weeks to ride it and 8 months to think about the next ride after that.

Thanks for sending out all the Magazines. Entertainment is gold around here!

To bad about Picatiny, though I would ride over a trip to an Arsenal 9 times out of ten.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:30 PM
wwleady
6th Gear

DesertClassic, if I ever get back out to the Southwest we will certainly have to ride. I would love to make the trip. I once rode a rocket from Douglas, Az to St. Louis in 2 days time. Tore me and the bike up! Hopefully the Fatboy will treat me a little better on the long hauls.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:11 PM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by wwleady
I have been wanting a Fatboy since they came out. It took going to war to save enough cash to pull it off. I will get 2 weeks to ride it and 8 months to think about the next ride after that.

Thanks for sending out all the Magazines. Entertainment is gold around here!

To bad about Picatiny, though I would ride over a trip to an Arsenal 9 times out of ten.
Yeah, I jumped on the bike thinking I'd stop by at least and the next thing I know I'm an hour in the other direction.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:45 AM
desertclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

You will love the Fatboy. I have the motorcycle organizations around here getting things together. As the box fills, I will ship. I would love to get together for a visit and ride. I do travel around, at present we are held up in Las cruces, NM taking care of a 6 yr old grandaughter while her mom is doing a tour in Iraq, wouldn't trade it for the world. I should be able to hit the road again july 2010. Jim

Old 05-19-2009, 01:00 PM
wwleady
6th Gear

BiggDogg, Magazines arrived today! I am still reading through the Cycle Mags but put the rest out. They were mobbed. Thanks again. When I come through Jersey I will have to buy you a beer.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:22 AM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by wwleady
BiggDogg, Magazines arrived today! I am still reading through the Cycle Mags but put the rest out. They were mobbed. Thanks again. When I come through Jersey I will have to buy you a beer.
Nice, glad you and the gang liked them. Stay safe. and enjoy riding the bike

Old 05-29-2009, 08:29 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

is the address still good. If so iam sitting here looking at a bunch of my old magazines that i could ship. Also have some J and p catalogs if you guys want one or two of those as well let me know and if addy is still good i would gladly help you guys out my two newphews have done cpl tours and we thank you guys and girls.

Quick Reply: Old Motorcycle magazines