Support for The Troops and their Families This is the place to give and get information about Support for our Troops and their Families.

vacations for veterans

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 01:56 PM
bobs55
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vacations for veterans

Hello folks,
I don't know if this has been on here before, but I'm going to plug this one. I have registered a place that my wife and I own on this site. It is a very worthy deed to be able to give to someone who has served this nation. We have been blessed so we can pass this on. We havn't had anyone stay at our place yet, but the offer is there. It seems that our government is trying to forget those who have served and/or serving. My son is servng in Afghanistan and I go to another place in the sandbox soon.

The web site is: www.vacationsforveterans.org. Below is the information from their website.

Vacations For Veterans is a nonprofit organization created to provide recently wounded veterans of the United States Armed Forces with a week of free lodgings donated by a vacation homeowner.

Each wounded veteran faces new challenges: readjusting, rebuilding their lives, and reconnecting with their families. For many of our wounded veterans, time away to rejuvenate is a luxury that is often unattainable and unaffordable.

When you make a donation of time at your vacation home, or a donation of money to sponsor a veteran, you give our wounded veterans a brief respite when they need it most. You make entire families feel better through your generosity.

Providing wounded veterans with a week of relaxation is a wonderful opportunity for both veterans and donors alike. It is a chance for many of us to show our appreciation for our veteran’s honorable service to our country.

To help us help veterans, please donate time at your vacation home or donate money today. For more information, please Contact Us.

Vacations For Veterans™ is a civilian organization, with 501(c)(3) non-profit status. We are not a government agency and rely solely on the generous donations of individuals, corporations, and foundations who support our wounded veterans and honor their service to our country.

All contributions to Vacations For Veterans are tax deductible. Federal Tax Id#20-8653432

Old 04-11-2009, 10:04 PM
usmcshepherd1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bobs55,

I am stationed in New Orleans, LA, with the US Marine Corps Reserve HQ. I will pass this information on to our command SgtMaj for distribution to our returning war heros. From what I understand from this site, this is only for wounded vets only. Is that correct?