Support for The Troops and their Families This is the place to give and get information about Support for our Troops and their Families.

Bought my 1st Harley while deployed

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 04:03 AM
kolja
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bought my 1st Harley while deployed

They do it at all sorts of OCONUS joints. I ordered mine in Bahrain - they had an office for Harley, Ford, Chrystler and Chevy right next door to the Navy Federal Credit Union office - since I'd already had an account it was pretty easy to get a loan. I didn't get an eyewatering rate, but it was good enough to get things started till I got home and switched it to my other credit union, which gave me a 4.25% rate.

I saved about 4 grand compared to what Fatboys were going for at the local dealership at the time.

They also sent guys out to the carrier a couple times, and I've seen them doing their thing in Korea and Japan too.

It was my understanding that they sold 'em at MSRP... not sure how accurate that is, but they're DEFINITELY cheaper. Too bad some of the chopper manufacturers aren't on board yet...

Old 06-22-2007, 08:58 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

I Agree Kolja
When that Britt reluctantly told me that I could remove the ext warranty and alarm---mine was MSRP (same price as the HD website said it was). They don't want u to do that because they have to get paid too (commission). Yep, I agree that they're cheaper when comparing the exact same bike with the exact same options. One other huge benefit is being able to order a HD before it even comes out on the show room floor and being guaranteed that u will get it......And even if u find it cheaper---do what it says below. I took the following off of their website:

The combination of pre-negotiated Exchange discounts, plus special factory military incentives, makes it possible for us to offer you this lowest price guarantee
If any authorized, franchised dealer in the Continental United States offers to sell you the same new vehicle with identical options for delivery on the same delivery date and at the same delivery location shown on your ENCS Order Acceptance for less money, we will refund the difference.

When you purchase a new vehicle through MAP, you are entitled to:
[ul][*]Privileged Military Pricing[*]Lowest Price Guarantee[*]Military-only Discounts and Factory Rebates[*]Guaranteed Price and Rebate Protection[*]Protection from hidden charges – MAP offers full price disclosure[/ul]
ORIGINAL: kolja

They do it at all sorts of OCONUS joints. I ordered mine in Bahrain - they had an office for Harley, Ford, Chrystler and Chevy right next door to the Navy Federal Credit Union office - since I'd already had an account it was pretty easy to get a loan. I didn't get an eyewatering rate, but it was good enough to get things started till I got home and switched it to my other credit union, which gave me a 4.25% rate.

I saved about 4 grand compared to what Fatboys were going for at the local dealership at the time.

They also sent guys out to the carrier a couple times, and I've seen them doing their thing in Korea and Japan too.

It was my understanding that they sold 'em at MSRP... not sure how accurate that is, but they're DEFINITELY cheaper. Too bad some of the chopper manufacturers aren't on board yet...

Old 06-22-2007, 04:55 PM
kolja
Cruiser

If DoD was REALLY smart, they'd have this as part of the recruiting/retention pitch. They'll get at least one more deployment out of me because I need a Road King to share the garage with my FatBoy!

Old 06-23-2007, 03:35 AM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

n'all, I hope this is it for me.......please, no more deployments!!!!! They can keep their sales pitch. I'm trying to hang on for 3 1/2 more years

If DoD was REALLY smart, they'd have this as part of the recruiting/retention pitch. They'll get at least one more deployment out of me because I need a Road King to share the garage with my FatBoy!

Old 06-23-2007, 04:03 PM
freedomfighter
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: sfcmo357

n'all, I hope this is it for me.......please, no more deployments!!!!! They can keep their sales pitch. I'm trying to hang on for 3 1/2 more years

I'm right there with you, I've got till march 2009 and i'm done. Here is a link that Harley sent me after my purchase. http://www.encs.com/vipsc.aspx

Old 06-23-2007, 04:08 PM
kolja
Cruiser

I'm sitting at just over 9 years in... almost to the point where it doesn't make a lot of sense to bail. As long as I can stiff-arm trash like Pentagon or joint tours, war college, and just stay in the air I'll be OK. I should be alright for the next 4 years or so... then they're going to start trying to make me do stupid stuff...

Old 06-23-2007, 04:32 PM
freedomfighter
Cruiser

I hear that the army is changing thier policy on deployments. Making them more frequent.

Old 06-30-2007, 01:31 PM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: freedomfighter

I was looking at yur photo's, sweet bike. I've got a shirt like yours but has Kuwait on it.Did your transaction go smooth? Anything I should worry about? I leave here Sept 1st Pick mine up Oct 1st. Did they have your bike ready when they said it would be? Yea I now I'm stressing a bit to much. That whole thing about buying a bike from a sellsman in a 3rd world country. I'm sure things will be fine.
Over all I was happy with everything. I did have a few issues but nothing that was a deal killer. I put a deposit down and the Kiwi Dealer guy messed up the paperwork by accident. It was an issue because he forgot to add a $750 discount they were offering. The problem was that I had to cancel the order and reorder. I would have to wait for my deposit to get returned and blah blah blah! Iemailed the overall manager and told her that I wasn't going to put up with all this crap and was going to just not purchase. She fixed the problem and added an extra $750 discount for the hassle. Worked out for me.

My bike arrived 2 or so weeks before I got home. The dealer was really nice and made a big issue (in a good way) about this being a military bike and gave me the VIP treatment. I even got a nice hug from the Hottie working for him in the clothing section.

Old 06-30-2007, 01:35 PM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When I originally joined up in 1984 the Recruiter had a Sportster sitting in the office. It was a sales pitch for certian MOSs like 11B and such. I didn't go that route but it has been tried as a campain.

Old 07-01-2007, 07:46 AM
machpilot
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got mine through AAFES here in Korea....was saving for a Road King and would have taken delivery once i DEROS, BUT after seeing all HD here i got the bug....so i bought a 1200 Custom here so i can tour korea on it. once i get back in 08 ill toy with getting my bagger.

ENJOY!!!!

Quick Reply: Bought my 1st Harley while deployed