Support for The Troops and their Families This is the place to give and get information about Support for our Troops and their Families.

Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 01:44 AM
puddles13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Update

Many of you may have noticed that I have been rather scarce lately. My son came home on R&R and we had a WONDERFUL time! I LOVED every minute I got to spend with him!

Shortly after his return his battalion was hit rather hard with KIA's - some of them local to our home area as well. In a 32 day period they lost 9 men - including several of my son's friends. It has been a rather stressful time emotionally.
I was honored to ride point in 2 of the PGR missions. I viewed it not as me riding, rather as representing the men who could not be present in person. I was also honored in being asked to attend the memorial service at Fort Hood that was for 20 of the soldiers lost in March from 1st Cav - 6 of whom were from my son's battalion. I was asked to return next month as they will honor the 3 that have passed in April. One of those young brave men that passed in April had initially saved 2 of the lives of soldiers in March, who died after leaving Iraq. He also was one of my son's best friends, and had caught the garter at my son's wedding in Augest.

The Washington Post recently wrote an article about my son's battalion.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...041601510.html

I believe that there is an angel watching over Mikk right now. He is a strong young man. I am sooooooooo very very proud of him!

Love ya'll for all your support.

puddles

Old 05-04-2007, 02:02 AM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Update

Puddles, some of the things we go thru with our kids is easy, soem funny, some sad, the more they grow up, it seems the sad things are major deals , glad you got to spend some time with oyur son, pass along our Sincere condolensces to the Loved ones and friends of those who gave all!
[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
God Bless America, and Those Who Serve Us All.

Old 05-04-2007, 02:08 AM
ROLLNTIGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey it was good seeing you today, sorry we didn't get to talk longer but under the circumstances I think you understand? My 1st mission was a memorable one. Wish I would never have to attend another one!

Old 05-04-2007, 03:55 AM
puddles13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

ROLLN

I felt so bad about not being able to talk to you!!!

Fixing my light was my priority - I hope you understand. The mods I did to my bike seem to have one of those "ohh this is a 15 min project and 4 hours later.....!!! I didn't have my flag pole on either cuz of a mod that was that way and I said P on it!

You will see me at most of the PGR missions - specially now that I have graduated from Ride Captain apprentence to full Ride Captian. *they asked me if I would be willing to step up on Thursday morning*

I wish we only needed to do the Welcome homes!!

We have to go riding!
TIGHT HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGSsssssssssssssssssssssssss