Sportster S Sportster S Only

Need some Members Help

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 11:27 AM
Steve Cole
|
HD EFI Guru
Default Need some Members Help

We are working on getting tuning ready for the RevMax versions Sportster and Nightster models and need some information to do it correctly. The Ride Modes seem to vary from Model to model and Year to year. What were looking for would take about 10 minutes of your time to get from your bike, and all it requires is your time an a piece of paper to write the results on.

2021 model year only has the Sportster S RH1250S model
2022 model year has the Sportster S (RH1250S) and the Nightster (RH975)
2023 model year has the Sportster S (RH1250S) and the Nightster (RH975) and Nightster S (RH975S)
2024 model year has the Sportster S (RH1250S) and the Nightster (RH975) and Nightster S (RH975S)

We have the 2022 Sportster S in house and I've attached how we write up the results of each of the various Ride Modes and what the owner can edit in each submode. Any help we could get from member would allow us to get this project completed, thanks.

This is what we got by entering the Ride Customization screens

Old Today | 12:28 PM
RDHIGH
Road Captain

Hey Steve! Heres what i got on my 2023 sportster s. Its a canadian version. If you have any other questions- let me know, always willing to help the cause! (I am putting the bike away soon though)

2023 sportster s ride mode customization

Old Today | 04:39 PM
Steve Cole
|
HD EFI Guru

Originally Posted by RDHIGH
Hey Steve! Heres what i got on my 2023 sportster s. Its a canadian version. If you have any other questions- let me know, always willing to help the cause! (I am putting the bike away soon though)

2023 sportster s ride mode customization

Thanks, you can see the difference between your '23 and our "22 when the manuals say they are the same. Yours appear not to have the "Off-Road" settings that are in our '22 and they changed the names in the sub-modes from Max, +1, Base, -1, Min to Max, More, Base, Less, xxx. Could you recheck the Engine Braking & Throttle Response modes and make sure you scroll the screen down and see if "Min" is still there?

Old Today | 05:15 PM
RDHIGH
Road Captain

Hi Steve! I just checked the screens you wanted- and you are correct- i did not scroll down the screen to see the MIN option. I included some shots of the screens- they are the same options for ENGINE BRAKING and THROTTLE RESPONSE.

Old Today | 05:23 PM
RDHIGH
Road Captain

While i was out here- i figured id double check the missing OFF ROAD options. Looks like they were deleted.

Old Today | 08:02 PM
Steve Cole
|
HD EFI Guru

Originally Posted by RDHIGH
While i was out here- i figured id double check the missing OFF ROAD options. Looks like they were deleted.

Thanks again for your help. Now if we can keep it going and get the rest of the models and years I can start putting names in that will match what shows up on the bikes screens. I could not understand why they would have Off-Road in a Sportster S to begin with as they are barely high enough to over a good size speed bump here State side.

Old Today | 08:16 PM
RDHIGH
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
Thanks again for your help. Now if we can keep it going and get the rest of the models and years I can start putting names in that will match what shows up on the bikes screens. I could not understand why they would have Off-Road in a Sportster S to begin with as they are barely high enough to over a good size speed bump here State side.
I believe its a carry over from the pan america software- i'm not sure if it was corrected with software updates for previous year models or not.....

Old Today | 10:05 PM
float_6969
Cruiser

I have a '22 Sportster S and it has the same layout as your '22.

I have hear the same thing about the software being copied from the Pan Am, so it has the off-road settings.

I'm pretty confident I have all of the most recent software as well, so I don't think they've changed it with an update. I DON'T have the most recent infotainment module software, but I don't think that would change those settings.