Sportster S Sportster S Only

Any one get the Corbin solo seat?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2023 | 09:34 AM
float_6969
Cruiser

Originally Posted by wlwoodruff
I got the Corbin Gunfighter with their tailkit. It is a very comfortable seat, and it looks great on the bike. That's the good news.

The bad news is that I now have a really hot spot under my right leg. It is so hot, in fact, that it is melting a spot on the vinyl side fabric of the seat. Obviously, that is totally unsatisfactory.

So, I called Corbin, and they say there's nothing wrong with the design; I called my Harley dealer, and they say there's nothing wrong with the installation.

That leaves me trying to trouble shoot this situation. With that in mind, has anyone else out there run into this problem with the Corbin seat and tailkit?
I've heard a few people complain about heat/melting issues with the Cobin tail kit. I initially wanted to go with the Corbin tail kit, but after hearing multiple people complain about the heat/melting issues, I've decided to do something different.

Old 04-12-2023 | 09:57 AM
wlwoodruff
Cruiser

Originally Posted by float_6969
I've heard a few people complain about heat/melting issues with the Cobin tail kit. I initially wanted to go with the Corbin tail kit, but after hearing multiple people complain about the heat/melting issues, I've decided to do something different.
Here's what's happening -- underneath that fiberglass heat shield on the S (the "wing-like thing" on the right side of the seat), there is about a 1" diameter vent hole designed into the metal heatshield around the exhaust pipe. The plastic outer heatshield doesn't cover that area either. So, once you take the original Harley seat assembly off, there is nothing in between you, and that vent hole.

Corbin says I am the only person who has reported this issue to them, but from your reply, it sounds like you have heard about it from others. If possible, I would like to get some contact info for other people who have had this issue, as I work towards getting Corbin to make it right.

Old 04-12-2023 | 11:37 AM
wlwoodruff
Cruiser

OK, I just had a fairly long talk with two people at Corbin. The bottom line is that they claim they have never heard any reports (other than mine) of problems with their seat/tail kit. They have also made it clear that they are not (willingly) going to do anything about it. So, I want to get in touch with anyone who has had similar problems with the Corbin kit. I want to share photos, and problems to call bullshit on their unwillingness to admit they have a problem. I don't want much, I just want them to fix it.

Old 04-12-2023 | 11:39 AM
M Oclaf
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by kgballer2442
That seat looks awesome.
Corbins do. Had a gunfighter on a WG, bike looked awesome, the PO won awards.

Old 04-12-2023 | 11:50 AM
Online123
Novice

I have the Corbin solo seat with copper threading. I like the seat. Its much more comfortable and looks great. I ride an hour to and from work each day and my *** is a lot happier. Now if I could just get a bigger tank!!! :-)

The following users liked this post:
sporters78 (04-12-2023)
Old 04-12-2023 | 11:58 AM
wlwoodruff
Cruiser

The problem is not with their solo seat; the problem is with their seat/tail kit assembly.