Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to pay for a Nightster

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 11:10 PM
fyrmnjim
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What to pay for a Nightster

ORIGINAL: OldFenderGuy

Never saw one in person, but I've been looking at one of the 'green/black' Nightsters on EBay, and it's a good looking bike.

Actually, I think the description is "Olive Pearl Demin and Black Demin".

Don't know what the suggested list price is, but the one I was checking out has 443 miles on it, and the current bid is at $6,500.

By the way, Welcome to the forum...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harle...spagenameZWDVW

hmmm.....just read the vehicle description for this ebay bike. I wonder if there's any truth to that statement about stopping production or maybe that's just a sales ployby the seller.

BTW,I paid sticker price for mine 10,500. I don't think you'll be able to buy one for under MSRP.

Welcome to the forum, let us know what you get.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:25 PM
Hammer02
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Checkraiser

First post.

I've been wanting a HD for a long time now. I saw the olive/black Nightster and knew right away that's the bike I need. Love the WWII look.

Anyway, I'm wondering what kind of discount I can expect from the dealer off of MSRP. Naturally, I want to drive the hardest bargain I can.

It's spring and the Nightster is a hot selling bike that is in demand.

Naturally your dealer is also going to drive the hardest bargain that they can......I'd expect to pay MSRP.

Good luck.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:28 PM
MrP
Intermediate

Last edited by MrP; 08-16-2009 at 12:31 AM.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:38 PM
Liv4accelor8ion
Novice

Freshly new to the forum, I bought mine for 10,580 all black with a tach and security system. I picked it up this last friday and I am kicking myself in the *** because I waiting so long to buy a harley. It is a blast to ride! Its a bit stiff at first but it will soften up. However I would test ride one first because its a bit of a cramped riding position with the mid controls, if it feels good to you great...if not I would recommend the forward controls. But all in all, it is definetely worth every penny! Good luck and ride safe!

Old 04-09-2007, 12:11 AM
utexasrider
Tourer

i had a quote for close to 11k with TT & L for the all black one. i guess i should have jumped on that knowing that i can't get it any lower.

does anybody know if they will come in with 883 in the future?

Old 04-09-2007, 01:11 AM
XL1200N
Road Master

I hope they do stop production.I might put mine on Ebay.

I'm happy with what I paid, I was looking to spend around $6,000 to$7,000 on a used Sportster (1200 C) when I saw the Nightster, and then I said "what the hell", got it, love it! My dealer can't get another one, they have 4 people that want one but they can't even get one to sell. There a smaller dealership, that might have something to do with it.

Brian

Old 04-09-2007, 01:25 AM
chattigre
Advanced

i shelled out $11,300 out the door. more than msrp, but there was like a line of people wanting to buy this thing. hottest harley around so far. it's crazy. i don't really care how much i paid for it. i'll just take the lowest monthly, then pay it off in a couple years when some big projects come thru. stoked. i have the v&h shortshots and am getting them powdercoated black this week. ought to look SICK once it's on.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:36 AM
XL1200N
Road Master

Post some pictures of those pipes when you get them on, should look great.

Brian

Old 04-09-2007, 12:11 PM
Barley
Cruiser

Bought my in March went to every dealer within a 30 mile radius (that's 5 in Atlanta) and every one wanted MSRP with no negotiation on that front. I bought mine MSRP with a shop gift card and a couple T's thrown in. I hate buying MSRP but I would do it again. Love this bike. You'll love yours.

Old 04-09-2007, 12:23 PM
liddown
Cruiser

Got mine (two tone) $10,650 Got hit with dealer prep ($400)... Stopped in the store Saturday and they had one coming inthe followingTuesday... Beyond that I added a tach, new derby and timing covers... And have a Mustang vintage standard on the way.... I would have paid beyond MSRP as these are flying out of the dealer, and I loved the bike. Dealer said he only had a short window to change standing Sportster orders for Nightsters, he glad he did as they had sold all of them. Other local dealers (four) all were at MSRP + prep, and only had them coming in May/June.....

Quick Reply: What to pay for a Nightster