Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heart broken

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 07:58 AM
timhollerbach
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default heart broken

Man, finally getting great weather to ride, and I broke my arm and can't ride my bike!! I'm beyond heart broken....=(. I was trying to help my neighbor catch his run away dog.....I caught her then she pulled me over and I fell in the street, dislocated my shoulder and broke my arm......the neighbor is the guy I go riding with the most.....he said he won't ride his bike till I'm healed....lol...yeah right....so I'll be spending the next couple weeks or so planning mods to my bike I guess? =)

Old 05-28-2014, 08:25 AM
USMC_ech110
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear this, heal up soon!

Old 05-28-2014, 08:25 AM
Swampdoc
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks man, sorry to hear it. I hope that you heal quickly and get out there and ride. Where do you guys ride around Imperial? My wifes family is from Wentzville, and my family is in Farmington, so I am somewhat familiar with that area. I plan on riding up there this summer to visit family, and was wondering if there are any great rides you would recommend.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:31 AM
timhollerbach
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Swampdoc
That sucks man, sorry to hear it. I hope that you heal quickly and get out there and ride. Where do you guys ride around Imperial? My wifes family is from Wentzville, and my family is in Farmington, so I am somewhat familiar with that area. I plan on riding up there this summer to visit family, and was wondering if there are any great rides you would recommend.
Cool man! You can't go wrong on highway M or Highway 21.....old or new. We typically ride old M or old 21 as its a windy two lane road, new M and new 21 are big straight 4 lane roads.....but either way, the scenery is beautiful. Old 21 has a side road that has a covered bridge on it (big signs telling you how to get there), its a typical stopping place for a lot of bikers, anytime you go there it has a ton of bikes in the parking lot. My dad lives in Farmington, and he has a Heritage Classic, so we ride in Farmington quite a bit....lots of nice places around there also.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:40 AM
Swampdoc
Advanced

Originally Posted by timhollerbach
Cool man! You can't go wrong on highway M or Highway 21.....old or new. We typically ride old M or old 21 as its a windy two lane road, new M and new 21 are big straight 4 lane roads.....but either way, the scenery is beautiful. Old 21 has a side road that has a covered bridge on it (big signs telling you how to get there), its a typical stopping place for a lot of bikers, anytime you go there it has a ton of bikes in the parking lot. My dad lives in Farmington, and he has a Heritage Classic, so we ride in Farmington quite a bit....lots of nice places around there also.
I think I've been on old M in a car, but never on a motorcycle. Last summer when I was up in Farmington I went out to the Johnson Shut-Ins, and I think I hit sections of 21 on that ride. It was pretty nice. I've never seen the covered bridge on 21. I'll have to go find that this summer.

If your arms better, maybe we can meet up and ride.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:47 AM
timhollerbach
Intermediate

I think I've been on old M in a car, but never on a motorcycle. Last summer when I was up in Farmington I went out to the Johnson Shut-Ins, and I think I hit sections of 21 on that ride. It was pretty nice. I've never seen the covered bridge on 21. I'll have to go find that this summer.

If your arms better, maybe we can meet up and ride.
yeah, if you went to to the shut-ins, you were on portions of 21. In that same area is Elephant Rock, pretty neat park to ride too.

Yeah man, hit me up if you head up this way, I'll ride! I'm hoping to be riding in about a month? Luckily its my left arm, so I can still drive.....

Old 05-28-2014, 09:14 AM
Swampdoc
Advanced

I'll probably be up that direction in August. I'll drop you a line when I figure out when.

Heal quick.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:39 AM
timhollerbach
Intermediate

I'll probably be up that direction in August. I'll drop you a line when I figure out when.

Heal quick.
sounds good bro!

Old 05-28-2014, 01:28 PM
DrewBone
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by timhollerbach
Man, finally getting great weather to ride, and I broke my arm and can't ride my bike!! I'm beyond heart broken....=(. I was trying to help my neighbor catch his run away dog.....I caught her then she pulled me over and I fell in the street, dislocated my shoulder and broke my arm......the neighbor is the guy I go riding with the most.....he said he won't ride his bike till I'm healed....lol...yeah right....so I'll be spending the next couple weeks or so planning mods to my bike I guess? =)
DUDE!!!! Ya' know tim, whenever I'm faced with a calamity or bad news I try to find something to be thankful for, to humble me and to take the edge off my anger and frustration. And in your case I think you should be thankful that you didn't get struck and kilt(sic) by a car after falling in the street. That would have really ruined your day!

Your broken arm will heal [broke my right wrist twice...one bone the first time, 'second time broke both bones and dislocated the joint; man did that look freaky], just keep something around to sneak inbetween the cast and your arm because it will begin to itch after a couple weeks. And when the cast comes off? Your arm'll be all skinny and rank and it will be then that you will fully understand what the phrase skin exfoliation means, LOL.

That said, [in a thunderous voice] I command you to heal and get well! [back to standard voice] And try to stay away from run away dorgies who obviously don't have your best interests at heart

I hope you at least got a good meal or two from the owners of the pup for your troubles...

=8^)

Old 05-28-2014, 02:16 PM
timhollerbach
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DrewBone
DUDE!!!! Ya' know tim, whenever I'm faced with a calamity or bad news I try to find something to be thankful for, to humble me and to take the edge off my anger and frustration. And in your case I think you should be thankful that you didn't get struck and kilt(sic) by a car after falling in the street. That would have really ruined your day!

Your broken arm will heal [broke my right wrist twice...one bone the first time, 'second time broke both bones and dislocated the joint; man did that look freaky], just keep something around to sneak inbetween the cast and your arm because it will begin to itch after a couple weeks. And when the cast comes off? Your arm'll be all skinny and rank and it will be then that you will fully understand what the phrase skin exfoliation means, LOL.

That said, [in a thunderous voice] I command you to heal and get well! [back to standard voice] And try to stay away from run away dorgies who obviously don't have your best interests at heart

I hope you at least got a good meal or two from the owners of the pup for your troubles...

=8^)
haha...thanks for the "commands"!!! I'm a "glass half full" kinda guy, always find the positives in everything.....as I told my buddy, it could have been WAY WORSE...as you pointed out. I told him "well, I was due for a tetnus shot anyways"....lol.

naw, we're all good on this side man.....just ordered me some forward controls for my bike, been wanting to do that, and now's a good time (I'll need help putting them on obviously), next are some new mini apes....=)

Quick Reply: heart broken