Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Module turn signal blinker brake light unit

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 03:32 PM
riverismine
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Module turn signal blinker brake light unit

Hello members

i think i have a faulty led signal module, i have joker rear led signal and blinkers in tail section and the left side work fine, however the right side is acting up,

when i start the bike the right side comes on and stays on as it should since it acts as a taillight, when i press the right side signal the leds blink as they should but at a faster rate then the left side does. when i turn off the right side blinker, blinker shuts off but he tail light does not come on.

the only way to get the tail light on i have to shut the bike off and on again.

so i think its the module that is faulty cause if if switch the wiring for left and right the same behavior is present on the left side...

my question is there a fix i can do my self since the module is nothing but a relay, the dealer in canada wants $169 for it and i think that just hwy rubbery.

if you have a solution and could share it it will be great.

my bike is 2009 sportster iron, the module part # is 68278-07

Old 07-15-2014, 06:39 PM
NightPunch07
Cruiser

Did you end up figuring this out? I have the same joker tai lights and have a similar issue except my right taillamp won't light up at all. The brake light and signal works but that's it. I'm wondering if it's the load equalizer.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:04 PM
Hogsbollocks
Novice

Originally Posted by NightPunch07
Did you end up figuring this out? I have the same joker tai lights and have a similar issue except my right taillamp won't light up at all. The brake light and signal works but that's it. I'm wondering if it's the load equalizer.
I have just been reading about a similar problem on the forum but cant find it now, its the module. You can a get a cheaper one from Badlands, thats what I just read, hope that helps.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:10 PM
Hogsbollocks
Novice

Originally Posted by NightPunch07
sorry duplicated

Last edited by Hogsbollocks; 07-22-2014 at 08:11 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:56 PM
riverismine
Novice

contact Bryan from jokermachine.com and get the Badlands LED Intensifier Converter, his very helpful and super nice guy, it good to know that some shops in usa still value customers from canada and abroad.... this fixed my issue with the led signal for the rear.

http://jokermachine.com/products/har...converter.html