Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A fun story

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 10:04 PM
dhc8guru
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A fun story

So my pops worked in the Isle of Wight, England(imagine the English'sDaytona Beach)last year... the first weekend he was there, the lady at the hotel told him to be prepared because it was the annual motorbike weekend and things would get real rowdy. He thought cool! Harleys, babes and beer! Well almost... it was the annual motor scooter weekend. He said it was just like bike week in Daytona.. only instead of Harley's it was scooters.
Appearantly the only Hogs were riding on the back of the bikes.
There passion was amazing, a good bunch of folks who know how to party. Its not what kind of bike you ride but rather how good the person is riding the bike.

When I was over there, I saw two Harley's, bothwere Fatboys and they were trashed, theydidn't lookold just really beatup.I saw four motorcycles total and the rest werescooters.No matter what it was, it looked like it had been through a war zone. My cousin said scooters are popular because bikes don't have and leg protection and sideswipes are common.
Fourcops in Paris were standing on a street corner and a guyon a scooter was trying to get on the sidewalk to park and they were blocking his path, the rider told them to move in a not so polite way. They justmoved and let him pass.I don't know what they feed the cops over there but man they are like seven foot tall no neck neoandrathols carrying oozy's. I was scared to even ask them for directions let alone tell them to get the F*#K out of my way.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:05 AM
eggroll
Road Master
Default RE: A fun story

I seem to remember some bits of that old Who movie, Quadrophenia. The gangs were riding around on scooters that were outfitted with tons of mirrors. I also remember that I was stoned when I saw it, so it may be some sort of "trick of the imagination". Anybody back me up on the scooter/mirror thing? Anyone at all? Lines are open.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:10 AM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember that Who Movie kinda. I couldn't remember if it was the acid before or during the movie. Clockwork Orange I remember. Nope. I don't at all.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:18 AM
dhc8guru
Tourer

Your are correct on the mirror bling..old school bling that is... I saw the movie a few years ago.. only to see what was so great about it? My doobage days are behind me so the movie really didn't work for me.. Oh well the scooters were cool in it.
Clockwork Orange requires no mind altering drugs to be good.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:33 AM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2001, The Wall and Yellow Submarine did.