Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XL1200S

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 01:22 AM
calebrity
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive been wondering what those look like on a bike - looks a lot better than i imagined. it looks like your controls are located back quite a ways so you could actually tuck up - mine came with mids which are completely useless unless you just want to sit in a perfect chair position. i didn't know that moving the controls back to a more sporting position was an option. i like the turn signal setup you have. makes me want to turn one into a dual sport. thanks for posting the pics

http://www.*****************/forums/sp...uspension.html - this might answer your ? about the drain plug or lack thereof.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:19 AM
Tommo
Extreme HDF Member

Thanks for posting that link Calebrity,explains a lot.The bike came with those rearset footrests,and they do tuck back quite a way,and I find I need to stretch my legs sometimes,but I'm used to It now and looks more sporty,I wouldn't like to have mids,They are made by chainsickle(see link below).I like the turn sigals,the front bar ends are pretty trick,though how effective they are for other road users In daylight,I'm not to sure,and sometimes give hand signals If a car Is to close behind.
And another good thing about the 'S' Is the twin disc brakes up front,they are pretty damn good( I wonder how the compare to other Sportsters).What do you think of your rear brake? I find that mine Is not that good,although I have changed the pads,which did improve It,I might try bleeding It and see what that does.......Thanks for the info,If you're on here regular I'll give you a heads up If I have any other issue's.
http://chainsikle.com/

Last edited by Tommo; 07-19-2009 at 07:22 AM. Reason: spelling.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Original Grinder
1st Gear

Mine is a 2000 XL1200S. I've added a CCI chin fairing, an Arlen Ness bikini fairing, and it also has the Screaming Eagle intake kit. It currently pulls 70 horse at the rear tire.
I moved up a size on the rear tire. Next, I plan to add a Hypercharger, and a Kerker 2-into-1 exhaust, thereby allowing Chainsikle rearsets to be fitted.
While not my first bike, this is my first Harley. I LOVE it. While the endless torque is seductive, the fact that it rail-like at any speed and turns and stops better than anything short of a repli-racer seals the deal.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Original Grinder
1st Gear
Old 01-12-2012, 10:04 AM
james 1200s
Stage III

i have 2001 1200s did some carb work on it and punched out the pipes, got it to fly now hang on and keep me mouth shut. top speed 140 so far. think i can tweek it to get it a bit faster trying to find a blower for the cv carb. only issue i have is the left pad rubs no matter what i do cant get rid of it, guess ill try a new rotor.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:07 AM
james 1200s
Stage III

Originally Posted by Original Grinder
Mine is a 2000 XL1200S. I've added a CCI chin fairing, an Arlen Ness bikini fairing, and it also has the Screaming Eagle intake kit. It currently pulls 70 horse at the rear tire.
I moved up a size on the rear tire. Next, I plan to add a Hypercharger, and a Kerker 2-into-1 exhaust, thereby allowing Chainsikle rearsets to be fitted.
While not my first bike, this is my first Harley. I LOVE it. While the endless torque is seductive, the fact that it rail-like at any speed and turns and stops better than anything short of a repli-racer seals the deal.
ant thing over the 130 can rub the inner fender, seen sone reports of this.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:19 AM
james 1200s
Stage III

i got mine up to 140 so far. still running stock air box 190 main jet 45 slow jet the 42 works too but loads up and fouls plugs.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:16 PM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

anyone find a tank lift and/or col relocation kit for the "S" I cant find one anywhere...

Old 01-12-2012, 11:17 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,209 Likes on 2,446 Posts

Originally Posted by emperor wurm
anyone find a tank lift and/or col relocation kit for the "S" I cant find one anywhere...
We have Coil Relocation kits for 1995-2003 Sportys being released in the next few days....hopefully by Saturday, for sure by early next week.

Check this link in the next few days-

http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/Spor...n-Kits_c12.htm

We have 1.5", 2", 2.5" & 3" tank lift kits for your sporty at this LINK

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 02-11-2012, 07:25 AM
Trainlights
Tourer
Default Coil Relocation

EMPEROR:

I've been doing a lot of research on that myself, since I am considering putting some custom tins on my 98 1200s. The individuals that I have read said it is a fairly simple move, so that the new tank can fit lower. Take it out, turn it sideways, and weld a new carrier tab, and you are good to go. I haven't gotten into mine yet to do the deed, but knowing that others have do wonders to building up the confidence, and quelling frustrations.

ORIGINAL GRINDER:
Nice bike! Did you get your exhaust done yet, or waiting for this spring?

ANY INTERESTED:
I'm not sure if I want to change it yet or not. Right now it is all stock, and has only three thousand miles on it. It's showroom clean, and I am stuck debating whether or not I want to cut into it and start changing things, or just keep playing with my 98 1200custom which has been modified already.

Quick Reply: XL1200S