Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sportsters are not Entry Level Bikes

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 06:15 PM
JustaHawg
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote=perki48;12681153]
Originally Posted by awilson40
My wife doesnt ride with me, doesnt care what I bought. QUOTE]

There ya go, MANY of the guys on Dressers are riding what the wife tells them to buy.....................LOL
Yeah it's a bitch being a chick magnet ;-)

Old 05-04-2014, 06:17 PM
orangehotrod
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rwhisen
Does this argument work with you girlfriend? They KNOW bigger is better. It's OK everybody has to start somewhere. Do they make these for Sporty's? http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/doc...224355-product
You have to be kidding me??? Normally, I don't get into these threads because this topic is flat out ridiculous. 1. I wouldn't own anything but a sportster. If the day comes that I want something else, I'll have a Sportster + whatever that other bike may be. 2. My woman says I'm not allowed to have a "Bigger Bike." They are "old man/grandpa bikes and I would be embarrassed if you bought one of those." Those are her exact words. Last but not least, if a any woman truly believes bigger is better, she has never had a real man fu**cking her! Just because you can stick it in there doesn't mean you know how to f**k. When I pull up to a place where I'm the only sportster rider there I say to myself "these guys don't know what they're missing." I had that moment today actually. I know many who have been harassed by these so called big bike riders; I thankfully have not. If that kind of situation were to arise, I'd challenge them to a race for titles. I'd love to hear their response.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:21 PM
Juan L
Received 20,118 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by orangehotrod
You have to be kidding me??? Normally, I don't get into these threads because this topic is flat out rediculous. 1. I wouldn't own anything but a sportster. If the day comes that I want something else, I'll have a Sportster + whatever that other bike may be. 2. My woman says I'm not allowed to have a "Bigger Bike." They are "old man/grandpa bikes and I would be embarrassed if you bought one of those." Those are her exact words. Last but not least, if a any woman truly believes bigger is better, she has never had a real man fu**cking her! Just because you can stick it in there doesn't mean you know how to f**k.

When I pull up to a place where I'm the only sportster rider there I say to myself "these guys don't know what they're missing." I had that moment today actually. I know many who have been harassed by these so called big bike riders; I thankfully have not. If that kind of situation were to arise, I'd challenge them to a race for titles. I'd love to hear their response.
Most of the guys on the man-sized bikes started small too.....I myself started on an old Honda CL100 40+ years ago. It's OK and a natural progression. Don't be afraid of change.

Last edited by Juan L; 05-04-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:21 PM
Layzie
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JustaHawg
All right, time for the popcorn and brewski's :-)))

HAHAHA, I see you have bags, but no streamers ? JK, that stuff isn't my style, just like sportsters aren't other peoples style.

Last edited by Layzie; 05-04-2014 at 06:58 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:29 PM
orangehotrod
Cruiser

I must add that I don't agree with the OP on a few points. I purchased a sportster because I wanted a quick, agile bike but did not want a sport bike. I do like sport bikes but I've never been able to feel comfortable on them. Even with handle bar risers my wrists and back just cannot take much.

Recently I've been looking at the smaller model Victory's. Like the Vegas or Jackpot with the 106" engine and six speed transmission. Talk about some power in a somewhat small package! Harley doesn't offer anything else I'm interested in other than the V-rod. I do however like some of the color options offered on the larger bikes. Last season my bike was plagued with many of the common sportster issues we read about here; it was frustrating to say the least. My factory clutch is still holding up though. If I'm lucky I may get this full season in before switching to an Energy One clutch.

Last edited by orangehotrod; 05-04-2014 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:55 PM
Juan L

I must add that I don't agree with the OP on a few points. I purchased a sportster because I wanted a quick, agile bike but did not want a sport bike. I do like sport bikes but I've never been able to feel comfortable on them. Even with handle bar risers my wrists and back just cannot take much.

Recently I've been looking at the smaller model Victory's. Like the Vegas or Jackpot with the 106" engine and six speed transmission. Talk about some power in a somewhat small package! Harley doesn't offer anything else I'm interested in other than the V-rod. I do however like some of the color options offered on the larger bikes. Last season my bike was plagued with many of the common sportster issues we read about here; it was frustrating to say the least. My factory clutch is still holding up though. If I'm lucky I may get this full season in before switching to an Energy One clutch.
I rode sportbikes for many many years (last one was a Ducati 1198) and I'll tell you, not many girls like riding on them because the "rear seats" are for appearance only I guarantee you. They aren't comfortable at all. On the performance side you simply can't fathom the feeling of blasting triple digits in second gear.

I'll let you in on a little secret ALL bikes have little problems that can plague them if they aren't taken care of quickly. Change the clutch once and be done with it.

As far as your race offer, I get to pick the type of race and I say we go 300 miles, non-stop and whoever runs out of gas first loses. What do you say?

Last edited by Juan L; 05-04-2014 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:02 PM
JustaHawg
Banned

You have to be kidding me??? Normally, I don't get into these threads because this topic is flat out ridiculous. 1. I wouldn't own anything but a sportster. If the day comes that I want something else, I'll have a Sportster + whatever that other bike may be. 2. My woman says I'm not allowed to have a "Bigger Bike." They are "old man/grandpa bikes and I would be embarrassed if you bought one of those." Those are her exact words. Last but not least, if a any woman truly believes bigger is better, she has never had a real man fu**cking her! Just because you can stick it in there doesn't mean you know how to f**k. When I pull up to a place where I'm the only sportster rider there I say to myself "these guys don't know what they're missing." I had that moment today actually. I know many who have been harassed by these so called big bike riders; I thankfully have not. If that kind of situation were to arise, I'd challenge them to a race for titles. I'd love to hear their response.
No thank you, I'm sure your Spurtster is cute but it's not for me ;-)

Old 05-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Juan L

This article classifies the Sportster as nothing but a beginner's bike:

http://motorcycles.about.com/od/harl...low-Review.htm

Old 05-04-2014, 07:05 PM
rdunnill
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildon883R
I can ride my Sportster hours on end without getting a sore rear. That was after I upgraded the stock seat and suspension of course.
Last Saturday, I rode my 883L 450 miles with no issues. It's stock apart from a Mustang seat.

Old 05-04-2014, 07:06 PM
JustaHawg
Banned

Originally Posted by Layzie
HAHAHA, I see you have bags, but no streamers ? JK, that stuff isn't my style, just like sportsters aren't other peoples style.
What's a streamer? Is that like when I stream spurtster fail videos from my iPad to my tv?

;-)

Quick Reply: Sportsters are not Entry Level Bikes