Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sportsters are not Entry Level Bikes

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 10:48 PM
DrainPlug
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Fozzy4325
ohhh... feeling a bit but hurt. Can you not get a job in wallmart...

I'm not the only one here.... look at all the 2014 rushmore guys who already own 5 bikes....
Say what hockey pook? I have 8, including my 40 Crocker. Can you say 6 figures starting with a 2 in position 1? Thought naught :-)))

Walmart (laugh). You're an amusing little kanuke, well maybe not so little.

See you on the flip flop Moose /wink wink

$160k annually wee hee chump change <g>

Oh and a pick me up for you pumpkin, 80's and sunny tomorrow in my beautiful city. Think I shall cruise down to Venice Beach on my Thunderbird Storm and look at ****, female variety. Felt I had to spell that out for you precious (wink). Oh how I love this city. Oodles of cash here!
Stay warm cuddles ;-)))
VROOM!

Last edited by DrainPlug; 05-08-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Fozzy4325
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DrainPlug
Say what hockey pook? I have 8, including my 40 Crocker. Can you say 6 figures starting with a 2 in position 1? Thought naught :-)))

hey I'm happy, its all I need and its better than the 20k per year I was making in the military.

So why are you so butt hurt all the time? did Some nasty military guy come along and give you a booboo.... Or maybe a snow bird came down and bitch slapped you.

With that much cash I wouldn't be sat behind a computer hating the world I would be out making the world a better place for myself or for others..
If you feel you have show the length of your ***** please do it in a place that guys will look at it.

You may be off of on a ride down to old geezers road with a car that should be turned into scrap metal. Im off on a bike with about 20 of my brothers to a rally to support abused children and children with cancer.

Last edited by Fozzy4325; 05-09-2014 at 08:37 AM.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:17 AM
Pistolharry
Advanced

This thread seems like a place for "Senior riders" on "bigger bikes" to run down the Sportster riders.
You think that your bikes are better than the "Spurtsters", we get that.
We LOVE our Sportsters and will continue to Love them..!! I personally like the bigger bikes too.
But riding as I've experienced it (not as experienced as other riders here) is about being inclusive and tolerant. But many people here dont seem very tolerant or inclusive towards the bike or the riders..
You have different forums for your bikes if you don't like the sportsters. Jus sayin...

Last edited by Pistolharry; 05-09-2014 at 12:24 AM.
The following users liked this post:
alex907 (07-24-2022)
Old 05-09-2014, 12:22 AM
Drewski1220
Novice

so it goes from making fun of what bikes people ride to how much money people make? seriously? if anyone feels better about themselves making hate posts on a forum, you should think of maybe spending some mod money on a therapist. because you obviously have some serious issues. this is the internet.

Old 05-09-2014, 12:57 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,201 Likes on 1,687 Posts

this nonsense went on for 15 pages....

summary:

*old guys like geezer glides and may earn more than young guys

*young guys like sportsters and may earn less the geezer glide riding old men.

Personally, if i were gonna waste geezer glide money, i'd buy a bmw R or K.

I am going to buy a dyna though. but, i'm never getting rid of my sporty.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:06 AM
Juan L
Received 20,118 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
this nonsense went on for 15 pages....

Personally, if i were gonna waste geezer glide money, i'd buy a bmw R or K.

I am going to buy a dyna though. but, i'm never getting rid of my sporty.
And it continues......

Old 05-09-2014, 08:02 AM
Willymon
Advanced

Originally Posted by DrainPlug

Oh and a pick me up for you pumpkin, 80's and sunny tomorrow in my beautiful city. Think I shall cruise down to Venice Beach on my Thunderbird Storm and look at ****, female variety. Felt I had to spell that out for you precious (wink). Oh how I love this city. Oodles of cash here!
Stay warm cuddles ;-)))
VROOM!
Wow..you've accomplished so much in your short time here. I'm impressed.

We should all be as fortunate as you.

Old 05-09-2014, 08:31 AM
skypeace
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Raining here, haven't been able to ride since Monday night but enjoyed this thread, any thread that talks about Sportsters as I have a 04 1200C which I fell in love with and bought as my first bike ever and love it. The bike only has 12500 miles on it with only 2k of it mine, but we are having a blast. Loving all the banter about bikes, it is fun to ride whatever you ride, the sporty is fun and for a newbie challenging. peace

Old 05-09-2014, 08:44 AM
mtnbkr62
Tourer

As for an Entry Level bike, My son took the riders edge course in November and started riding my 1200L I was hesitant at first as some may remember but he has taken to it very well. If you take your time and work on the basics like we did, many hours in a parking lot working on starts, stops, and low speed turns, you can easily ride the Sporty, He is my riding partner now and I am getting to make lasting memories for the both of us.

Old 05-09-2014, 08:54 AM
saddleupmc
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

When you hear people talk about Sportsters the word "fun" is often used. I don't hear BT riders use that word as much when describing their bikes. For me that's what it's all about, FUN! The Sportster provides the most smiles per kilometer/mile, certainly the most smiles per $.

It's also been my observation that men buy Sportsters when they are alone in the decision making. The bigger the bike the bigger the role the wife plays in the decision process it seems. Even the choice of color requires permission.

Last edited by saddleupmc; 05-09-2014 at 09:10 AM.

Quick Reply: Sportsters are not Entry Level Bikes