Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sportsters are not Entry Level Bikes

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 07:40 AM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Ah a poll to prove your manhood, your bike wasn't enough? Ok missy

Old 05-07-2014, 08:15 AM
Juan L
Received 20,118 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by Rog48
Keep telling yourself that until you believe it. The number of trade ins to sportsters on this forum should tell you something..........mainly............what they really wanted was a motorcycle.
Originally Posted by Rog48
Ah a poll to prove your manhood, your bike wasn't enough? Ok missy
You were crowing about how many people are trading in to Sportsters and when a poll was created to find out if it is true you don't like the results because the results do not validate your beliefs?

This thread offered nothing but good humored banter between different types of bikes, most got it but there always seems to be one guy that has to defend his position with insults and attacks because he has nothing. Instead of lighthearted banter as intended he has to be a jackwad. Grow up Rog.....maybe your bike will grow with you....HAHAHAHAHA

Last edited by Juan L; 05-07-2014 at 08:17 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:16 AM
HDmikie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by JustaHawg
I did it once and coincidentally it was shortly after I watched the video of a female picking up a fallen RK. I did it but definitely not something I want to do again real soon!
I know we can't choose which way the bike falls over, but it's better if it falls on the side opposite the kickstand. That way when you lift the bike you don't have to worry about it falling over the other way because it will land on the kickstand.

About Sportsters......all I can say is the local Craigslst is full of Sporties. A couple years ago I helped a older friend sell his wife's sporty and it took over a year to sell along with a $1800 haircut in price.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Hogie_gt
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I will say is that I may pick up an older Fatboy sometime down the road. Mainly because I really like that bike. Not because my XL1200 is too small and I need to get a bigger bike. I will keep my XL1200 because I like it. And because it is my first REAL bike (a Harley). I have owned many bikes in my years and I find that my Harley is by far the best I have ever had! I shoulda bought one sooner!

The newer big twins are just TOO big. Plus the older engines are tried and true! I hear the newer BT have heat problems hence the newer ones having cooling around the exhaust valve or shutting off the rear cylinder when idling. I will look for either an 88 or a 96 cubes model. Plenty for a small guy like me.

Last edited by Hogie_gt; 05-07-2014 at 08:33 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:31 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,962 Likes on 22,783 Posts

I guess that the OP must have some misgivings or guilt issues about his sportster, otherwise he would not have posted this thread to begin with?

The sportster is an entry level bike from a $$$$$ standpoint and on other levels as well.
Just the way it is.

The geezer glides are what they are too.

Most who ride these (geezer glides)including myself have bad backs, knees, hips and prefer comfort to being beaten up from a ride.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:33 AM
JustaHawg
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rwhisen
You were crowing about how many people are trading in to Sportsters and when a poll was created to find out if it is true you don't like the results because the results do not validate your beliefs?

This thread offered nothing but good humored banter between different types of bikes, most got it but there always seems to be one guy that has to defend his position with insults and attacks because he has nothing. Instead of lighthearted banter as intended he has to be a jackwad. Grow up Rog.....maybe your bike will grow with you....HAHAHAHAHA
Mr. Happy agrees to a poll and then does the back peddle. Gee what a surprise LOL! Doesn't even support the ride he spews about. Definitely not someone I'd want watching my back.

*Note to Kliff. Great job with the pocket fisherman! But this guppy was a pretty easy catch. Perhaps you should practice catch and release. Then Rodger Dodger can go buy a Schwinn unicycle and earn his back peddling mileage certificate ;-)

/unsubscribe

Old 05-07-2014, 12:43 PM
$eventy2T
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Last edited by $eventy2T; 05-07-2014 at 09:56 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:25 PM
Sportyrat
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahaha, this thread is great. Ride what you want people. some like the glides, some like the Sportsters, some (like a sibling of mine) like crotch rockets.

to each their own.

Personally, i got my Sportster because that's what i wanted. I'm probably gonna get a bigger bike at some point, but i'll always keep the Sportster.

Old 05-07-2014, 04:31 PM
Drewski1220
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my first bike is a sportster. i like it, i will probably keep it but i will also most likely get a bigger bike in the future as well.

the only thing is i dont understand the hatred towards the sportster. im new to the motorcycle scene, and just joined this forum and the xl forum. i keep finding threads about this type of thing.

Old 05-07-2014, 04:58 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Drewski1220
my first bike is a sportster. i like it, i will probably keep it but i will also most likely get a bigger bike in the future as well.

the only thing is i dont understand the hatred towards the sportster. im new to the motorcycle scene, and just joined this forum and the xl forum. i keep finding threads about this type of thing.
Only trolls with tiny peckers dislike the Sportster. Those who like motorcycles have no problems.

The following users liked this post:
alex907 (07-24-2022)

Quick Reply: Sportsters are not Entry Level Bikes