Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big props to DK Customs

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 03:58 PM
parrishbjj
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Big props to DK Customs

Unfortunately, the best I can do for these people is write this post for you all to read.

About 8 or 9 months ago I bought their complete air cleaner system for my Nightster. Worked great and no issues. About a week ago, I got done riding for the day and noticed my air cleaner was almost off and hanging by only 2 bolts. After further inspection, i see that one side of the bracket (where the breather bolts screw in) had broken completely. I figured since it broke it caused excess vibration, which almost vibrated my air filter off. Well, last Saturday I contacted them by email and sent pictures of the damaged bracket. I questioned if maybe the engine vibration could have broken the bracket and asked how I get another one.

By Sunday afternoon I had a reply stating a new bracket kit would be shipped out Monday because "obviously it was faulty" their words, not mine. Didnt ask for shipping costs or anything. After a few emails back and forth discussing different possible causes, I get the kit on Wednesday. I noticed there were washers in the kit I hadnt used the first time. And when I put the bracket on, there was a space between the bracket and the front cylinder head where it broke last time. I remember that space being there last time but just tightened the breather bolt to make up the space. This time I used the washers to take up the space. Then I got another email with the installation instructions, and it specifically says, DONT tighten the breather bolt, but use the washers to take up the space!! DUH!!

I feel like such an idiot now. The bracket broke not because of faulty metal but due to installation error on my part. I obviously did not read the directions correctly the first time.

As I said, i wish there was more I could do for my mistake, but bottom line to me is that this company stood behind their product and wanted to make it right with no questions asked. All on a Sunday too.

Old 04-18-2014, 04:06 PM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

I was out to their shop last week and got a tour. I told Devin that I gladly pay a little extra for superior customer service.........and I often do. But, I said, with you guys I get superior customer service for LESS money!

Old 04-18-2014, 04:08 PM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Oh and not to worry.............they have a butt load of those AC kits

Old 04-18-2014, 04:19 PM
parrishbjj
Tourer

haha.. yea i see that. And I agree with the great customer service and really good prices. But, when the error was completely mine, I really feel bad getting something for free.

Old 04-18-2014, 04:38 PM
Turbinesaint
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great company and great products. Everything of theirs that I've put on my Nightster (pegs, coil relocation, air cleaner) has been top notch.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:35 PM
awilson40
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 1,503 Likes on 552 Posts

Yep. First class American company. I cant say enough good about them.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:56 PM
cable guy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree completely DK has tremendous service,shipping time is unbelievable too!Parrish I seen your orange bike at the safety rodeo last week(very cool)By the way I work for ctl and I am a union brother!Maybe we can ride sometime!There is a few of us that ride at the Goodyear yard!

Last edited by cable guy; 04-18-2014 at 06:02 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:09 PM
bigmant
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Top notch. I was sent the wrong XIED the other day and they rush shipped me a new one over the weekend. Couldn't say anything but good things about them. I will never hesitate to do business with them

Old 04-18-2014, 07:10 PM
parrishbjj
Tourer

Cable guy, small world isnt it? Yea that shovelhead is a fun one to ride, but its good for short slow rides. Does about 60mph max. Been working on it for almost a year now. Didnt run at all when I got it. I wouldnt mind riding some time, but to be honest it would have to be a day during the week most likely if we got the day off or in the evening. I have a group I ride with most saturdays already. You guys ever go to bike night at West Gate? I may be able to make a thursday night some time.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:08 PM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,558 Likes on 808 Posts

I ordered my first thing from them Wednesday, xeid's, and got them today. It was shipped within an hour of purchase, they've gained a new customer for as long as I own a Harley. The only ding I can think of is that the packaging could have been better. I'm know I'm splitting hairs, and the there was nothing that could have broken, but I'm a stickler for packaging. Other than that, as long as they offer products I want, they will be the company I buy them from.

Quick Reply: Big props to DK Customs