Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O.K. nightster owners.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 09:54 PM
sportynightster
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: O.K. nightster owners.

ORIGINAL: stennml

I'm gay and as I said in response to your other thread, I think it's being a jerk to call things you don't like or think are lame as GAY.

See y'all later...

Hey Sten, saw you are from NC. Just wondering what part. I live in Lancaster and work in Charlotte. Are you near there?

BTW, I love my nightster. It definately needs some new shocks in the rear. That sucker is rough. It feels like my old rigid v-star 650. You definately have to watch for the bumps. I'll prob just buy some highway pegs and see if I can deal with it first. maybe a new seat. Or have mine redone.

I come from the sportbike crowd as well. I don't like chrome, hence the nightster is in the garage.

The bike is not gay. As for the name, just say it "the nightster" yea!!! It really dosen't sound bad. I mean come on..."fat boy" "v-rod" hell I have my own v-rod, my girl just rides it. nightster is just a word. and "gayster" is just derogatory

Old 03-31-2007, 06:46 AM
HIGHSPEEDLOWDRAG
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought my Nightster three weeks ago and have 3k miles on it. Took it out to San Diego and rode up throught the hills to Lake Isabella and back and now in Austin, TX.

Love it. No regrets. The seat is a PIA, however, my *** has now passed the break-in period and am OK with a 300 mile morning ride.

My low fuel light now comes on randomly. Even after a fill-up. Pisses me off. Mostly because I know it'll have to be in the shop for a week to get fixed.

Also, sure do wish there were accessories were easier to come by. The parts folks at Cowboy Harley in Austin have no clue on what type of two-up seat or pegs or anything. I left a grociery list with them last week and they keep telling me they'll call when they figure out what fits that isn't chrome.

The owners manual says to shift into 4 at 45mph. What a joke. 65+ or chug a lug. Wish the alarm came with a voice, and why does the horn have to be so wimpy?

I'd love to hear, or better yet, see pics of passenger seat and storage bag alternatives. Any ideas, please post.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:43 AM
Dr.Cool
Banned

ORIGINAL: stennml

I'm gay and as I said in response to your other thread, I think it's being a jerk to call things you don't like or think are lame as GAY.

See y'all later...
wow.... touchy topic again.

Old 03-31-2007, 12:23 PM
RookieMistake
Novice

I got my Nightster about a week ago. As for my gas light... it came on at 84 miles.
So far I love this bike. It seems to fit me perfect. I am only 5'7" (on a good day) and can stand flat footed. The bike is light and easy to handle.
Has anyone found black pipes for this thing yet? My dad has a extra set from his '81 Sturgis, but those probably arent going to fit.
Also... any good ideas for a timer cover... I think that "5" looks absolutely rediculous.

Old 03-31-2007, 04:57 PM
fyrmnjim
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: RookieMistake

I got my Nightster about a week ago. As for my gas light... it came on at 84 miles.
So far I love this bike. It seems to fit me perfect. I am only 5'7" (on a good day) and can stand flat footed. The bike is light and easy to handle.
Has anyone found black pipes for this thing yet? My dad has a extra set from his '81 Sturgis, but those probably arent going to fit.
Also... any good ideas for a timer cover... I think that "5" looks absolutely rediculous.
Check these out. http://www.gopartsdirect.com/2005/it...;Placeholder=0

a bit too pricey for me at this time.

My gas light comes on after about 80 miles or so too, pretty irritating. Is the .8 reserve in addition to the 3.3 gal? The owners manuel is pretty useless IMO.

Old 03-31-2007, 08:26 PM
chattigre
Advanced

greetings...
brand new owner of two '07 harleys - dyna low rider and now the green/black nightster. just got it yesterday. i'm interested to know of pipe options as well. i was thinking of ordering a set of v&h short shots and get them powder coated black. supposedly there's a small business nearby in clackamas that does good work. does anyone here know, will standard v&h 07 short shots fit on the nightster okay?

Old 04-01-2007, 05:48 AM
XL1200N
Road Master

I've heard you can't just have them powder coated, you have use a ceramic powder coating. I checked with a couple of guy's that had there pipes done on their Night Train's with the ceramic coating and after 3 months they still looked great and reduced the heat coming off the pipes, so they say, I have know idea how that works. I'm having mine done inside and out (that's how they had their's done) just my .02.

Brian

Old 04-01-2007, 10:31 AM
vtman68
6th Gear

not sure about v&h pipes, but check the paul yafee pipes for the sporty. Black ceramic with chrome heat shields, very pricey, but great looking.

Old 04-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Twincam Dave
Road Master

Alright I started this post, so now that the gloves have been put up ALL like their bike? And should the name have been a "Nightrat" cause it was supposed to be a rat bike and it's dark? Still waiting for a dealer locally to get a blue one to look at. Dave...

Old 04-01-2007, 03:21 PM
chugger
Intermediate

fun as hell...thats all there is to it

Quick Reply: O.K. nightster owners.