Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O.K. nightster owners.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 06:49 PM
883Sporty
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: O.K. nightster owners.

Would I have been less offensive if I had said, "Turdster?" I thought this thread was an opinion thread, so I posted mine. You'll find that opinions are like buttcracks. We all have them and most of them stink.

Old 03-29-2007, 06:55 PM
XL1200N
Road Master

The thread starts out:

How do you like um? Any regrets? Dave...

How the f**k would you know 883sporty, I think threre are some threads on 883 regrets on here that you could give some input on.[align=right][/align]

Old 03-29-2007, 07:00 PM
tireater
Banned

I would cut the struts and fender off the rear. Solo spring seat. Small swingarm mounted fender. Lose front fender...
Maybe a fat front tire ...Next year -I would put a springer front end on....OR
I would get a mono-shock Mutant frame from Redneck eng. and the cheapest sporty I could find..
I would build the motor to 100hp. I would have the craziest bike $10k would buy or make - AND HUGE SATISFACTION !!!
psin realityI would probably use a Buell - everyone knows sportys are for girls and midgets....lmao...

Old 03-29-2007, 07:01 PM
883Sporty
Cruiser

The only thing that I regret is that HD in their so-called infinite wisdom is to give us a factory bobber wannabe instead of a killer street tracker like the XR1200.
Stop being a crybaby. I'm not required to like your bike. Would you like me to get you a tissue?

Old 03-29-2007, 07:08 PM
XL1200N
Road Master

No crybaby here, I could give crap if you like my bike or me. I just think your kinda funny.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:24 PM
Ice_Rider
Advanced

ORIGINAL: NightsterHooligan

ORIGINAL: 883Sporty

Here's the part where I sound like a jerk. Let me apologize in advance. I don't like it at all. I think its name should be, "the gayster." I think that HD will limit the XR1200 to a Europe only model because of the nightster. IMO, HD gave us the wrong prototype as a production model. I hope that all of the nightster owners are happy with it and I hope it serves you well. I'll keep my 2000 XL and be happy with it until we get the XR1200. If we ever get it. Just my .02
I'm a little dissapointed that my first post has to be about crap like this and not about the bike. I come from a sportbike background and recently bought a Nightster. I have my reasons for buying it and so far I'm very happy with it. One thing I always hated with the sportbike crowd was how they ALWAYS thought the bike they were riding was the best bike EVER.(until next years model) The ol' "My dick is bigger than your dick!" So I come on this board and that's all I see. "My Harley is better than your Harley!" If it has two wheels and says Harley Davidson on it then ride it, otherwise STFU!
NightsterHooligan, you the man!!!

Old 03-29-2007, 07:24 PM
NightsterHooligan
Cruiser

The only thing that I regret is that HD in their so-called infinite wisdom is to give us a factory bobber wannabe instead of a killer street tracker like the XR1200.
Stop being a crybaby. I'm not required to like your bike. Would you like me to get you a tissue?
Maybe you should sell your "883 wannabe 1200" and move to Europe and become a "wannabe street tracker" and buy the XR1200. And yes, please get a tissue and wipe your stinky buttcrack.[sm=laughat.gif]

Old 03-29-2007, 07:57 PM
883Sporty
Cruiser

I'm not a wannabe anything, least of all a wannabe chopper/bobber rider. I'd bet that there are as many riders that like the XR1200 as there are nightster fanboys. Don't get upset at me because I gave my opinion on what I feel is the latest mistake from the MoCo. I didn't mean to hijack this thread. You make it sound as if this bike is someting truly revoloutionary in the Sportster world, when in truth it is little more than a stripped down L with a set of fork gaiters. I'm bothered that HD would give us a crappy rehash instead of a design like what you'd see at xrdna.com. We all ride HD. That's really all that matters. As I've stated in previous posts, I hope that all of you nightster owners are happy with your bikes. I'd ride with any one of you, regardless of what you ride.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:17 PM
NightsterHooligan
Cruiser

I'm not a wannabe anything, least of all a wannabe chopper/bobber rider. I'd bet that there are as many riders that like the XR1200 as there are nightster fanboys. Don't get upset at me because I gave my opinion on what I feel is the latest mistake from the MoCo. I didn't mean to hijack this thread. You make it sound as if this bike is someting truly revoloutionary in the Sportster world, when in truth it is little more than a stripped down L with a set of fork gaiters. I'm bothered that HD would give us a crappy rehash instead of a design like what you'd see at xrdna.com. We all ride HD. That's really all that matters. As I've stated in previous posts, I hope that all of you nightster owners are happy with your bikes. I'd ride with any one of you, regardless of what you ride.
Oh, I see, so what you were really saying was that the MoCo and the designers at MoCo, including Willie G. are GAY. Thanks for clearing that up. I hope they read these forums. And in your first post on this topic, you basically stated anyone who bought a Nightster was a wannabe bobber and gay. Thanks for your opinion, it really contributed to the initial question. And I don't recall anyone saying the Nightster was revolutionary, and I don't remember anyone comparing toYOUR 883 or any other bike. And by the way, I like the XR1200 also, but as you know, it is currently not available in the US, yet. But when it does get here, we'll all be sure not to compare it toYOUR 883 or the Nightster. Big mistake.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:25 PM
XL1200N
Road Master

Amen NightsterHooligan! Like the name by the way, and welcome to the forum.

Brian

Quick Reply: O.K. nightster owners.