Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O.K. nightster owners.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Buda
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: O.K. nightster owners.

It looks cool but I would like to see it for under 9000 dollars. I think its a little over priced. But I think the sprortsters are over priced as well. JMO

I have a friend here in milwaukee that works with dealerships and marketing and they are always complaining about not getting the younger crowd into the new bikes . I always tell him make a sweet bike for 8000 dollars or less like the metrics and you will get the early 20 somethings into a harley. Otherwise they will have to wait a couple of years and get it for half price like I did.

I would love to have the 1200N as a second bike.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:38 PM
bhtx
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked mine up on Saturday. I had a Metric for a year to get back in the feel of riding again (10 years out of the saddle). After 300 miles I am loving this bike more and more every day. I had the mini apes put on it, which put my hands at shoulder height so it is really comfortable. I also had the SE A/C and pipes by Thunderheaders put on. This upgrade made this bike extremly quick and I am still breaking it in so I haven't really tested it yet.

I am 5'10" so I had the forward controls put on it and they are about at the same place as the pegs on my metric cruiser.

All that being said, the ride is tight and the suspension is definatly performance oreinted but I really like feeling the road. I feels like I am more in control of the bike and it reacts very quickly to my movements.

If you like the looks you will love the ride. You know, that should be my sig line.......haha

Old 05-09-2007, 11:49 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did we accept the vrod? It sounds like a suzuki to me. The nightster sounds like a harley
THE 883 sound like a harley in the library.
I know quite a few ladies who really really love the 883 says it fits them well.
Its a lil weak feeling to me. Maybe after an upgrade it feels like it has power I dont know...
I KNOW THE NIGHTSTER IS STONG. aND THE VIBRATION IS ALMOST NIL.

AHH OPINIONS....

ORIGINAL: 883Sporty
How many of us bashed the Vrod when it came out? I know that I didn't care for it when I first saw it. Then I rode one. That quickly changed my mind. If we accepted the Vrod, I'm sure there's room in our hearts for the nightster. I never compared my bike to a nightster. Nor did I compare the nightster to the XR. What I

Old 05-12-2007, 01:39 AM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Guys.... I have two denim silver/denim black Nightsters available. Call me at High Desert Harley in Boise, ID if you are interested.
(208)338-5599
David Booth

[IMG]local://upfiles/29881/95456F1263654182B5C76D716687711A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-07-2007, 09:26 PM
Stevehat
Advanced

Walked in to the local harley dealer here to look at one and the sales person said he had heard harley was going to stop production already on the nightster.........anyone else heard this or is it just his imagination..........

Old 06-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Rednecks HD
Advanced

Sounds like a marketing ploy to get you to buy it now. My dealership said that the one I was getting was one of the last two they were getting this year...how many people have heard this same line?

Old 06-07-2007, 10:28 PM
luckystrike07
Advanced

ORIGINAL: 883Sporty
What's next, a factory Sportster with a springer front end called a Springster? Here's one I'd consider buying: the Softster, it's a Sporty with a softail!
You're being sarcastic but sH*t, I'd ride both! HopefullyHD would come up w/better names. If they put both a springer f/e and a softail type suspension, I'd ride the hell out of it.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:39 PM
fritnatz4
Intermediate

Your bike should have a yellow gas tank lighting up on the speedometer when you reach reserve. Thats usually at about 85 to 95 miles for me. If its not get it fixed while still under waranty. Heres a picture of mine. Sundowner 2 up seat smooths out the bumps nicely.

[IMG]local://upfiles/34505/A57ECA6FD1E34FAC83DA1F0E089D9E9F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/34505/E0A9DAD1227949A582FDE09AF3C576EF.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/34505/20E6BC115C0B4E28A51F6FBD4E13C471.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-15-2007, 05:11 PM
fritnatz4
Intermediate

Its true. Due to the strike Harley had they limited production of their new model ( Nightster) so they could maintain all the existing models quantities. They then decided 5 (Nightsters ) per dealership this year and only in US to minimise the effects of the labor strike. I had to wait 4 weeks for mine then when the sale was completed my dealer here in Seattle Wa offered to buy it back for 2K more than I paid for it because they had 5 other buyers willing to payeven more for it and their last bike comes in August 29th. I kept mine and I'm glad I did. I have seen them going for 13K on craigslist as they are becoming a cult thing here and people want them bad.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:00 AM
Drodd8
Tourer

Hey everyone. I am new to the forum and new to bikes as well. I just completed the Rider's Edge course and am awaiting the arrival of my vivid black Nighster. I am really stoked to get out on the road with this bike. I am really glad to see that everyone that has one likes it. I was a bit hesitant to throw down 10k on a new bike.

Someone earlier in the thread said that many people would be riding a different make if it weren't for the 1200N. I would be one of them. My Dad has had a Harley for years, and I always thought that they were for old guys and that I couldn't afford one. I was going to go down to the local Kawasaki dealer and buy a new Ninja 650R, and I happened to check out the HD website, and saw the "Nightrat" (love that name) my decision was made then. The cool thing is that my wife preferred that I get a Harley. She said that no one ever past her on the interstate doing 80+ on one wheel on a Harley lol. Anyway, my bike will be in on Friday, but I will be out of town. So I will pick it up next Wednesday.

I am all for the Nightrat club.

Quick Reply: O.K. nightster owners.