Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O.K. nightster owners.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 09:30 AM
Lewd_Dude
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: O.K. nightster owners.

Man, these guys are killing me. They say now it won't be til May 3rd before I can pick it up. They Had two on the floor that had red sold tags on them, and it makes me wonder if they plan to put mine on the floor with a red tag to get some show room time??? The black one they have on the floor was being put together when I paid for mine about three weeks ago, and they had it next to an orange one, both with string tide around them so no one could sit on them. So it is another two weeks for me :-(

Old 04-22-2007, 05:38 PM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the feedback on storage Lewd. I feel the same way about functional add-ons for the bike. It all has to be quick release type stuff, because the lines of the Nightster are just too sleek to spoil. Sorry to hear about the delay on your bike. We have many customers who are in the same predicament. Most of our Night Rats have been sold before they even hit the showroom floor. The good news for all of us is that, due to the extreme high demand for this bike,our Nightster re-sale valueprojections are awesome. That is, if any of us every sell them lmao. I can easily see myself keeping this one indefinitely. I took a ride down a windy mountain rode outside Boise yesterday. The effortless acceleration and cornering of the Nightster is impressive. You can drop the hammer and roll on hard through the corners, without any hint of wobble.... damn it's sweet!!! I have ridden many bikes in the past (mostly metrics). The fun factor on this bike is way above and beyondany other that I have ridden.

Old 04-22-2007, 10:58 PM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Cool video of a guy riding a Nightster around the loop at Daytona.....
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...m-daytona-beac

Old 04-23-2007, 04:09 AM
Jdogg-440
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I'm going to have to say I agree that bags would ruin the look, however I am throwing on a sissy with a back pad that I can strap a bag to. I also put a fork bag on for small stuff. You know XL1200N I agree, mine does suck a little at idle and smooth out as you increase the speed. However I bought mine to ride, not to sit at idle. I upgraded to a 4.5 gallon tank and I'm having a custom paint job done to it. I'll post pics as soon as it's ready to ride. I'm all up for the nightster group too...pick me. Rat pack sounds good[:@]

Old 04-23-2007, 12:54 PM
BentZero
Cruiser

Still waiting for other colors to come in for me to view before deciding. I do know one thing though. The gas cap and oil cap have to go. Here's the question. Is it easy to remove the trim around the oil cap? I want to replace it with a chrome piece and replace the cap with the one that has the temp gauge built into it. Thanks.

Old 04-23-2007, 01:00 PM
LittleBrother
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok i'm new to the whole motorcycle thing. In fact I am in the middle of the motorcycle course. While "shopping" for bikes I wasn't sure what I wanted. The day I saw this bike it was like an epiphany and I knew that this was THE BIKE. My buddie who works at our local dealer saw it in the show room and when i saw him at the cigar shop the next time, he was like "I found your bike" and I said so did I... Then we both said Nightster. haha, no lie. Then we were giddy school girls for a few minutes.

anyway my question is. Not knowing a lot about riding (Obviously) is it a terrible idea for a first bike? Mind you i'll take anything anyone says with a grain of salt, because i've pretty much made of my mind lol, just looking for some feedback. I'm young, 22 (thus the name little brother) i've about 5'9" 145Ibs. I'm no psycho driver like most dumbass 22 years olds (there are alot of them out there lol) prefectly clean driving record except for the dumbass who was drunk and hit me on his brandnew fatboy [:@]

Thanks in advance!

-LB

Old 04-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Kapernicus
3rd Gear

LittleBrother,

This ride won't dissappoint. I wish this bike was around after I finished my MSF course. I feel its super easy to ride. And since you're already used to a somewhat cruiser bike from taking the motocycle course (I assume they probably provided you with a Virago or Rebel to ride), I don't think there will be a big learning curve.

Do it!

-Dale

Old 04-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Darknighster
6th Gear

Hey guys this bike cought my eye right away. would it be a good bike for a first time rider?

Old 04-23-2007, 10:24 PM
FIA289Cobra
Advanced

I'm in the same boat as you guys. I just finished the MSF course last year and did not pick up a bike. I wasn't sure if the nightster would be a good fit for a first bike.

After spending this past weekend riding, I couldnt have asked for a better first bike. It's a blast and easy to handle. I am a bit on the short side (5ft 5) and I have no problems feeling comfortable with it.

Old 04-24-2007, 12:38 PM
kylant
Road Captain

i just bought one, it is my first bike. although I have had dirt bikes in the past. i feel it is a good starter bike

Quick Reply: O.K. nightster owners.