Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O.K. nightster owners.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 08:53 PM
Zen Dude
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: O.K. nightster owners.

I would love to not remap and just run slip ons, I will call V&H and ask.
I painted just to see how it will hold up, I plan on powder coating it later, I know how tough
powder coating is.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:51 PM
user 6397220
Banned

First reply,
I work for Harley Davidson in Va, I Got my Nightster 1 month ago. Awesome little bike. Things I've done to the bike already. Black chromed the rocker covers, down tubes, rear shocks and head light ring. also had the forward controls powdered coat a black mat finish to match the stock ones. Mine is orange and black. Last had ghost flames painted on the tank. Talk to thunderheader couple of days ago and Vance & Hines. Both will and a pipe and fuel pac in about 1 to 2 months.
Any ?'s let me know
If anyone is looking fora nightster we still have two in are shop black and orange and silver and black.

I think a Nightster club should be put together. That would be awesome.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:19 AM
tzinsli
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: cliff_63

First reply,
I work for Harley Davidson in Va, I Got my Nightster 1 month ago. Awesome little bike. Things I've done to the bike already. Black chromed the rocker covers, down tubes, rear shocks and head light ring. also had the forward controls powdered coat a black mat finish to match the stock ones. Mine is orange and black. Last had ghost flames painted on the tank. Talk to thunderheader couple of days ago and Vance & Hines. Both will and a pipe and fuel pac in about 1 to 2 months.
Any ?'s let me know
If anyone is looking fora nightster we still have two in are shop black and orange and silver and black.

Please post some pictures.

Old 04-18-2007, 03:40 AM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I work for High Desert Harley in Boise, Idaho. These Bad-*** little bikes have been flying off our sales floor! We literally haven't been able to keep one for more than a couple of days, and it is easy to see why. I finally broke down and bought a racing orange & black of my own today!!!Immediately after I posted the red "Sold" tag on the bike, one of my fellow salesman tried to sell it to another customer.... bastard lol. Forward controls are being installed tomorrow. I think I will break in the bike first before I install the V&H short shots and race tuner (If I have enough patience I am glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks this is one of the coolest new HD innovations in years!

[IMG]local://upfiles/29881/72144CEC0D5641E6950BA53243B15C10.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Lewd_Dude
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just called the dealership to see when mine will be ready. The wait is killing me... I called around last month to see who had one in olive/black and only one had one coming in, not even there, so I paid in full that day. They also said they can not even get one to the floor. Hot little scooter. This is my first Harley, so I would say that harley davidson hit a home run here... I was always a honda man... My first bike was a 1971 Honda CB350 Four, then a '75 CB500 DOHC, then a shadow VLX Deluxe, Then A GL1500 goldwing. Having said that, my father rides an Ultra Classic, and my father in law rides a 2005 Road King. As soon as I saw this nightRat, I saw the light! yep, Harley done converted me. Joined the Dark side say my brother in laws, both who just bought brand new Honda VTX's That I will add cost just about the same as the nightRat... I think A club would be cool. We can be the "Rat Pack"? Lets do it....

Old 04-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Lewd_Dude
Road Master

ORIGINAL: cliff_63

All in favor of starting "The Rat Pack" raise your hands...
[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 04-20-2007, 05:56 AM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think the Rat Pack is a great idea!!!! Btw, I've already changed my mind on pipes.... Now I'm looking at the Hooker black ceramic with chrome tips.... The customization on this rat is gonna be fun.... I may need to take on another job Hey, does anyone have any ideas for storage that won't be detrimental to the look of the bike. I think saddle bags would ruin the look of the rear profile. I just want something to store the essentials: goggles, registration, tool kit etc. Any suggestions?

[IMG]local://upfiles/29881/12EC11B15C0D4D358FFCFF1F4C80D46E.gif[/IMG]

Old 04-20-2007, 11:39 AM
Lewd_Dude
Road Master

I think that soft leather bags would look fine. They would be behind the side plate holder from the rear, and that droopy soft style fits the line. I am not going to put a mounted set on, just a throw on set so I can take them off for around town. They make those round tube like cases for in front of the handle bars that won't take away from the look at all, IMHO. I will probably get all the stuff for travel, but it will have to be quick release stuff so I can strip her back down to street level as I do love those lines baby!!! Looks great right out of the box. I got a sundowner two up seat for the wife, but if she decides to get a ride of her own, I will be throwing the stock seat back on... I can hardly wait to see what harley throws our way for add ons. I was thinking along the lines of a police style shield and black out the chrome bracings and mounts with some leather bags, and a tank bra.It sure would be cool if we got the "Rat Pack" going, and then we could plan a meet and see in person what different mods look like. Who will design the colors/logo/patch? From the way the dealers are talking and all the chat online about these nightster's aka nightrats, there should be plenty of charter members to get it going.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:14 PM
Ex11b
Advanced

i got my bike the night of the 14th, just got done with my 500 mile breakin.
so far.....
first day..removed those f'n curb fealers, kept scraping them while turning, also kept bashing into my legs while backing out of my lair.
my *** has finaly molded itself to the metal folding chair for a seat, and ive adjusted to the suspension, which is comparable to a "shopping cart"
ive also learned....do not go over any speed bumps, verrryyy low, i have a few...i almost stop im going so slow...but still scrape the jjiffy stand.
now im convinced the engine mounts are loose because of the vibrating (i thought rubber mounts was supposed to decrease this?) and i can actually move the motor with my hand within the frame. is that normal for a rubber mounted engine?

Old 04-20-2007, 10:26 PM
XL1200N
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Ex11b

i got my bike the night of the 14th, just got done with my 500 mile breakin.
so far.....
first day..removed those f'n curb fealers, kept scraping them while turning, also kept bashing into my legs while backing out of my lair.
my *** has finaly molded itself to the metal folding chair for a seat, and ive adjusted to the suspension, which is comparable to a "shopping cart"
ive also learned....do not go over any speed bumps, verrryyy low, i have a few...i almost stop im going so slow...but still scrape the jjiffy stand.
now im convinced the engine mounts are loose because of the vibrating (i thought rubber mounts was supposed to decrease this?) and i can actually move the motor with my hand within the frame. is that normal for a rubber mounted engine?
You described my bike, my take on the motor mounts is this. They suck at idle, but really smooth out the vibration after a few rpm. Yes, I can move my engine by hand. The suspension is tight and the seat is stiff. I'm not bitching about my bike, it just takes some getting use to. It's not for a candyazz, that's for sure.

Brian

Quick Reply: O.K. nightster owners.