Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 IRON can you put passenger pegs on without

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 07:44 AM
$eventy2T
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeLaPlaya
Thankyou Iceman ...i had not clicked on that part .

i was searching for installing instructions ...which gave me nothing ...

i am going to go and have a real slow read of that ....and print it out ...

thanks a lot ....
One clear pic would probably solve this here.

Old 09-04-2014, 04:14 PM
Bruno Alaska
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello guys, so I received the mounts and pegs last night, and did the install, had to loosen both headers and remove the back muffler, scary for a newbie with a new bike, but I got them on and got everything tied back together. Strange part, when I started the bike to take my woman for a ride, I smelled something burning, then noticed the front header was glowing red after just pulling Pricilla out of the drive way... i turned her off and parked her. I just got home from work and haven't had a chance to check her out yet, but I'm thinking i didn't connect the pipe properly... maybe??

Sorry to thread jack, but maybe this is something someone else has experienced

Old 09-24-2014, 12:58 PM
ramb13
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruno Alaska
Hello guys, so I received the mounts and pegs last night, and did the install, had to loosen both headers and remove the back muffler, scary for a newbie with a new bike, but I got them on and got everything tied back together. Strange part, when I started the bike to take my woman for a ride, I smelled something burning, then noticed the front header was glowing red after just pulling Pricilla out of the drive way... i turned her off and parked her. I just got home from work and haven't had a chance to check her out yet, but I'm thinking i didn't connect the pipe properly... maybe??

Sorry to thread jack, but maybe this is something someone else has experienced

UMM I am a newbie also and just got the 2015 Iron and bought the passenger pegs BUT I don't want the GLOWING RED part to happen..... so what was wrong with this???

Old 09-24-2014, 01:12 PM
Bruno Alaska
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait til your bike is cold, then go start it. Let it sit until the rpm is down to around 1000 and look at the headers. If they are red, do the install and don't worry about it. If they are not, then take your bike to the dealer and have them do it.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:04 AM
nwright
Stage III
Default 883 iron passenger pegs install tips!!!!

So i just installed these on my 2014 iron last night. First off i have V&H Short shots on my bike so im not sure if this will work if youre still on stock pipes. I was able to use a torx bit and wrench to remove the master cylinder, then i removed the rear brake foot assembly by removing the two giant alan key screws. once this was loose i was able to slide the master cylinder and the foot brake assembly back toward the rear of the bike, you will have to guide the wires that are attached to the back of the master cylinder under the belt guard to get it to drop down and back far enough to get access to that second big alan screw. Once you have the master cylinder out of the way and the two screws that hold the bracket inplace you can remove and install the bracket that came with the foot peg kit. I hope this helps some of you out, like i said im not on stock pipes, even with the short shots it was still a really tight squeeze to get the bolts out. Like i said, i did not remove any exhaust components, try using the torx bit only with a box wrench around it to turn it, works well in those tight spaces...

Old 06-12-2015, 06:10 AM
nwright
Stage III

Originally Posted by ramb13
UMM I am a newbie also and just got the 2015 Iron and bought the passenger pegs BUT I don't want the GLOWING RED part to happen..... so what was wrong with this???
i would check and make sure your pipes are lining up with the head ports....If it wasnt doing this before you removed or loosend them, than its probably somethings not on right. The pegs had nothing to do with your pipes being really hot...they dont screw into anything but the frame, also, look for any pinched or loose hoses/ wires, theres alot of hoses and wires on the bike right in the peg area on the brake side...