Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to Your Sportster Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 01:23 PM
Zateeva
Road Captain
Received 185 Likes on 148 Posts

Finally got out and changed my headlight, got new footpegs adjusted, and swapped my barrel springs for hairpins, gotta test these out, alot stiffer. Time to ride, finally hit 80 degrees, love it

The following users liked this post:
Rollbar (04-12-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 01:31 PM
thomassa3
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Zateeva
Finally got out and changed my headlight, got new footpegs adjusted, and swapped my barrel springs for hairpins, gotta test these out, alot stiffer. Time to ride, finally hit 80 degrees, love it

what solo seat kit do you have?

Old 04-09-2019, 01:33 PM
Zateeva
Road Captain

Originally Posted by thomassa3
what solo seat kit do you have?
Its from Mother Road Customs, bolt on kit

The following users liked this post:
Rollbar (04-12-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 03:12 PM
LocoLocal
Tourer
Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

Looks good @Zateeva . Which pegs are those? How are you liking them? I need to find a set for my forwards. I'm thinking the big fat Kuryakun Isos won't work as well up there.

Old 04-09-2019, 03:14 PM
Zateeva
Road Captain

Originally Posted by LocoLocal
Looks good @Zateeva . Which pegs are those? How are you liking them? I need to find a set for my forwards. I'm thinking the big fat Kuryakun Isos won't work as well up there.
Thanks, the pegs are from Joker Machine, i really like them, feet stay planted

Old 04-09-2019, 04:16 PM
firehawk6
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,539 Likes on 3,276 Posts

Works a little slow right now (calm before the storm) and the weather is nice, so I took advantage of it and took a half day vacation. Rode down to Manns HD in Edinburgh, then rode over and thru Nashville in Brown County. Stopped at an overlook just north of Nashville and snapped a few pictures. Southern Indiana is hilly with deep valleys, the glaciers didn't get this far south and scour everything flat like the northern part of the state. Things are just barely starting to green up around here, but Spring has finally sprung...

What did you do to Your Sportster Today?-dqqbtpb.jpg
What did you do to Your Sportster Today?-th42rvr.jpg
What did you do to Your Sportster Today?-uzqahzr.jpg
What did you do to Your Sportster Today?-tz3ur8i.jpg
What did you do to Your Sportster Today?-faocznq.jpg

Last edited by firehawk6; 04-09-2019 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:28 PM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,204 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Had to go get a physical for work, should have been a 35 mile ride each way, I turned it into a 180 mile ride.

When I got home my crash bar was sitting on the porch, so I installed that. Then I spent an hour looking in the garage for my highway pegs I know I have somewhere in there. Never did find them.

Old 04-09-2019, 09:25 PM
S.t.r.a.n.g.e.r
Road Master
Received 812 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by firehawk6
... rode over and thru Nashville in Brown County. Stopped at an overlook just north of Nashville and snapped a few pictures...

Hey, I recognized that spot immediately! I know Exactly where that's at on 135. I can't believe how many trees have been cut down in the last year or so. The "outlook" side was cut last spring but the clear out across the street is fresh! If you look closely at the pic across the street, you can see tons of trees still laying on the ground. That's an ongoing project.

We've had a couple of exceptionally nice spring days and it's been great fun taking advantage of them. Damn it's been great to ride again.

Old 04-10-2019, 03:58 AM
firehawk6
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,539 Likes on 3,276 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy-Stranger
Hey, I recognized that spot immediately! I know Exactly where that's at on 135. I can't believe how many trees have been cut down in the last year or so. The "outlook" side was cut last spring but the clear out across the street is fresh! If you look closely at the pic across the street, you can see tons of trees still laying on the ground. That's an ongoing project.

We've had a couple of exceptionally nice spring days and it's been great fun taking advantage of them. Damn it's been great to ride again.

Apparently the clear cutting across the road wasn't supposed to happen. From what the wife has read, SOME selected trees supposed to be cut most likely oaks, but not everything cut down. Going to be a major erosion problem unless they get something growing over the bare ground.

Reminds me of what we would see up in Canada when we would take old logging roads to get back to lakes to fish.

Old 04-10-2019, 07:22 AM
LocoLocal
Tourer
Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

Tried a speedo and tach relocate last night but the stock wires ended up being a tad short. Probably could have made just the speedo work but the tach was going to be a problem. Rode home with no speedo - that was kinda cool!

I'll dig into the forums today and take another crack this evening.

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Sportster Today?