Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to Your Sportster Today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 09:00 PM
ApexRider
Cruiser
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the gold flake in orange.

The following users liked this post:
MikeK13 (02-21-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 06:17 AM
MikeK13
Cruiser
Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by ApexRider
Yeah, I'm a big fan of the gold flake in orange.
lol cvaria

Apex Rider I picked an orange flake actually. I think he put it on over top of silver paint. I'm pretty happy with how its looking. I'll post the results in about a month when i get it back together. I won't see the parts for at least another week but its still cold as a bastard here so i won't be back in the garage until the end of March probably.

ApexRider (02-21-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 03:16 PM
underwhelmd
Tourer
Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

After 25-26 years of no riding at all, I rode today. Short but sweet around my neighborhood but got 4th on the way back. Crazy feeling. Back to my roots. This bike is not slow. I am going to keep these mini apes on. I like them and too much cost/trouble switching them to something only slightly different. And I would recommend anyone considering the basanni pipes to consult their neighbors.... loud.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:12 PM
HarleyD1929
Tourer
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts

It wasn't a good day to be out today so I stayed in and recovered the seat on my bike.. The original was just worn out, and I had a fake gator cover from a softail... Some stretching and some trimming and finally got it done.. Not perfect, but not bad for my first attempt at upholstery... My fingers are gonna hurt for a few days...

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to Your Sportster Today?-image.jpeg  
Old 02-21-2018, 09:27 PM
AKC
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

^^^That looks great!^^^

HarleyD1929 (02-22-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 09:30 PM
AKC
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by underwhelmd
After 25-26 years of no riding at all, I rode today. Short but sweet around my neighborhood but got 4th on the way back. Crazy feeling. Back to my roots. This bike is not slow. I am going to keep these mini apes on. I like them and too much cost/trouble switching them to something only slightly different. And I would recommend anyone considering the basanni pipes to consult their neighbors.... loud.

Congrats on the first ride in a while.

Old 02-21-2018, 09:42 PM
slvrscoobie
Road Master
Received 141 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Bowhunter8607
Spent all afternoon trying a couple different slip-on's. First I went with round 2 of the TTI's and installed the 158's in my Straight Shots following DK's instructions to the T this time.

Then I tried out a set of Rush 3" Slip-on's with 1-3/4" baffles that a very generous forum member made me a deal on that I couldn't refuse (he knows who he is, thanks again).

After riding with both exhausts for about 60 miles each and under the same riding conditions, I found that the Rush pipes performed much better than the Straight Shots with no baffles and TTI's installed.

With the Striaght Shots on, the bike was weak on the launch and took a bit to really start pulling. They felt decent on the upper end from about 4500 RPM on up to rev limiter. They were not any louder than with the baffles installed and they still had that raspy/tinny Vance and Hines sound.

With the Rush pipes on, the bike is much stronger on the launch and pulls hard all the way through the RPMs. The bike jumps up and goes with any twist of the throttle and has no hesitation like it had with the Straight Shots. The sound is much deeper and a bit more quiet at idle but they get pretty loud when revved up.

Even with the TTI's in the Straight Shots they just didn't perform that well. When I had TTI's installed in my 3" stock mufflers, the bike ran very well. Not sure why the results with the Straight Shots were not nearly the same. I know TTI's do improve the performance of pipes and they did improve the Straight Shots but the Rush pipes are just better performing pipes hands down.
LOVE my Rush pipes. original owner picked em out in chrome, but i replaced in black, great sounds, great torque, and fairly cheap!

Old 02-21-2018, 09:52 PM
slvrscoobie
Road Master
Received 141 Likes on 116 Posts

Got my new chinbar from HJC - took about 3 months to contact CS, and get them to figure it out. I accidentally melted the trim on my new helmet, and was asking if it can be replaced. we went back and forth for about 2 weeks, but then they dropped off for about 2 months. about a month ago i contacted them again on it on FB. Last week they told me they were shipping me a chin guard complete. for free! with free shipping!! :O totally surprised.
Does make me happy though.

But now I have this second chin guard, and I pulled off the melted trim, and I think I could paint it. Wondered what color ya'll would suggest with the rest of the helmet in black.. with an amber reflective visor.

Old 02-21-2018, 09:54 PM
Balchie
Cruiser
Received 77 Likes on 28 Posts

Sold it. To a friend. Bought a FXDWG!

Old 02-21-2018, 11:01 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,198 Likes on 1,684 Posts

Originally Posted by Balchie
Sold it. To a friend. Bought a FXDWG!
impeccable taste

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Sportster Today?