Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to Your Sportster Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 03:19 PM
slvrscoobie
Road Master
Received 141 Likes on 116 Posts

ordered the orange SE plug wires.
Trying to learn about timing and if it should bother messing with it on my tune or not. seems like unless you can detect the ping / knock, it wont really help much and not worth the trouble..?

Old 07-10-2017, 03:23 PM
elephantrider
Cruiser
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

new seat..

Old 07-10-2017, 06:33 PM
Brickchick
Advanced
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Last night i did my primary chain adjustment. Took her out for a spin. Felt great. I dont know that is has anything to do with it but it felt like it shifted easier. Sure needed the adjustment too. It was floppin up to 7/8"! My poor silvia. Lol
Tonight i will install my new smoked turn signal lenses. Here is a before pic now. Because there is no such thing as too many sporty pics.

i will get some after pics tonight.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:28 PM
wahoo209
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake mod

had to modify my front brake lever. Just replaced the master cylinder and everything worked fine but the lever wasn't pressing the brake switch when it was released. Tried loosening everything hoping there was just some adjustment there but couldn't find anything. Drilled and tapped a small hole in the lever "tang" and put a very small bolt in there with thread locker. Works perfect now.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:45 PM
UZI-SUICIDE
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Pet names

Today... I called The Sporty a bad word... a few times actually... several times is more accurate... several bad words on several different occasions to be quite honest...

Then I dried away my tears and took off the carb to send it to be refurbished by a guy on ebay, cuz last time i took it off and "rebuilt" It myself (for lack of a better phrase) I got it on to discover my true talents lie somewhere other than carb repair cuz it ran pretty bad and pukes gas everywhere if I forgot to turn the petcock off... which i did... a couple times...

I dont feel bad though..
I am absolutely certain that if The Sporty could talk...
She would have a few choice pet names for me...

Last edited by UZI-SUICIDE; 07-10-2017 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Added additional hilarity for everyone to enjoy
Old 07-11-2017, 09:09 AM
Brickchick
Advanced

Installed my smoked turn signal lenses and amber bulbs. Not my long term solution but i think its a definite upgrade from the stockers. Especially for less then $20.

cant wait to receive my low profile smoked tail light. She will really start coming together.
I wanna get a luggage rack that will fit on my sissy bar so i can get the curved black lay down license plate frame but i cant seem to find one that will fit my 99 1200s.
Does anyone know if one for an 04 will fit with slight modification? Like ovaling out mounting holes.....something simple like that???
Right now my pack rides on the fender and the plate kinda helps hold it.
Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:19 AM
slvrscoobie
Road Master

which tail light did you get. I painted mine black, but it still sticks out a lot from that rear fender. :/ Just couldnt pull the trigger on the $199 one from custom dynamics.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:41 AM
Brickchick
Advanced

This is the tail light. I ended up finding the same exact one but for only ~$25.
I saw your painted tail light. Came out really slick. I really like it.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:56 AM
slvrscoobie
Road Master

nice, thanks! ill have to look around for it. Might be worth it. I already have the official HD LED upgrade so... cutting and splicing into it to remove that 'connector box' does remove the thickness of that.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:07 AM
Brickchick
Advanced

Moonsmc has one with or without integrated turn signals for about 80 also. Almost got one of those untill i searched amazon a little more.
Good to know. Thanks.
So i should be able to run the led tail light without any kind of resistor or load equaliser right? Its the only led. So far.

If i used something like one of these would i need any kind of equalizer?
I dont wanna just start throwin stuff on without knowing what its going to do to my electrical system.

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Sportster Today?