Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to Your Sportster Today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 04:56 PM
madchemist24
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

New set of Shinkos.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:37 PM
Dustin Miller
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Attempted to finish my transmission gasket change and ripped it but didnt notice until I put all the oil...waiting till Tuesday.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:45 PM
DrewBone
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Well, you did ask...

Let's see...a couple weeks ago my bike's LED directionals started running fast and throwing codes [b1006, b1007, b1121, b1122], so I cleared them, only to have them come in again, soooooooooo, thinking it was the load equalizer I contacted Custom Dynamics. They contacted me back and suggested checking the fuse which was good [I checked continuity with a meter], and re-synchronizing the unit, which didn't help, so they requested I remove it from the bike and send it in for evaluation.

Thinking of killing two birds with one stone, my La Rosa swingarm bag has gotten a little floppy, and seeing as how it was kinda' in the way of removing the battery cover, I figured I'd remove the bag and sometime in the near future design an insert to attach to the upper part of the bag along with a rigid back plate for attachment. So off it came, and apparently so has some of the paint on my swingarm from it moving around. Meh, no biggie.

Battery cover and battery hold down removed, I disconnected the [+] terminal bolt then made my way to the [-] terminal bolt and...it was loose as a goose! Sheeeeeeeeit, perhaps this was the reason for the load equalizer not doin' it's thing, so instead of removing it, I tightened both battery terminals back up and re-synchronized the load equalizer and went out for an all day ride.

The results? No fast flashing and no codes thrown, today. Coincidence? The codes b1006 & b1007 I could see but the other two I dunno about...any ideas?

I'm gonna' give it another week or so to prove itself out, and if it remains ok then I don't see any reason to send it in to Custom Dynamics; 'fingers crossed. But even if it's bad its warranteed for five years and it just hit the one year mark.

An observation...the bike looks nekkid without the swingarm bag, but now I suppose it's more aerodynamical like[?], LOL.

Tomorrow when time allows I'll be hitting the drawing board to design the swingarm bag fix...I'm thinking either lexan or aluminum for the backing plate and an upper rim [.125" x 1" or smaller] of aluminum for the inside to help stop it from trapezoiding itself. 'Will post up the results of both situations down the road.

=8^)

Old 06-29-2014, 10:07 PM
Prayinghands
Cruiser
Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Put about 150 miles on my 48 today. Even took it off-roading with a buddy!
Name:  4887AB43-9240-43A5-8C45-E5831CAA23AD_zpseztnuqyr.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  108.0 KB

Old 07-01-2014, 08:58 AM
shawnryan111
Intermediate

Installed DK 587 air cleaner and power vision tuner. I was only able to take it for a short ride but the increased power was very noticeable I can’t wait to get out for a good long ride with it and get some auto tunes in.

I started this project Friday but halfway through I realized someone at DK forgot to pack my crankcase breather hose and filter. I called them and they were very nice she even upgraded it to the premium discrete system for free because of the mistake. Even though I had to wait until first of the week to finish the job I was still very satisfied with the customer service for making it right for me.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Sportyrat
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DrewBone

Tomorrow when time allows I'll be hitting the drawing board to design the swingarm bag fix...I'm thinking either lexan or aluminum for the backing plate and an upper rim [.125" x 1" or smaller] of aluminum for the inside to help stop it from trapezoiding itself. 'Will post up the results of both situations down the road.

=8^)
can't wait to see what you come up with on this! i've been thinking about doing the same thing since mine's started to go all floppy too.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:41 PM
beckysdlx
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just picked up my bike after having auxillary lighting installed I love it!

Old 07-02-2014, 07:48 PM
lewk
Road Warrior
Received 227 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by becky1200x
Just picked up my bike after having auxillary lighting installed I love it!
Pics?

Old 07-02-2014, 10:29 PM
l2rrtl72
Stage IV

Well after it put me down Sunday I finally got the chance to see whats wrong....It started popping and surging, when i pulled over it idled fine. I took off again and right back to the popping and snapping and surging. Chase truck picked me up and i continued the ride in the truck. Next stop it wouldnt even start. I did fill up before the ride so kinda thinking bad gas. I put HEET in the tank on Sunday when i trailered it back home. It started fine today but was idling rough. I noticed when i pulled the choke out it immediately went back in. So I pulled my Kuryakyn hypercharger off and noticed the backing plate was slightly cracked around one of the mounting screws and somewhat leaking there, the gasket was cracked and the hoses going to each cylinder were very loose. my fustration got the best of me so thats as far as i made it today.
oh yea ive only had the bike a couple months
Tomorrow is another day

Last edited by l2rrtl72; 07-02-2014 at 10:34 PM. Reason: http://www.hdforums.com/g/picture/1541753
Old 07-02-2014, 10:34 PM
l2rrtl72
Stage IV

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Sportster Today?