Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to Your Sportster Today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 05:06 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,361 Likes on 986 Posts

Originally Posted by deadrubberboy
Those oil lines look nice. Do they add functionality? Or just cosmetic? Will they stay that pretty? Kit/pre-made lengths or custom?

Thanks! Functionality? nah, just more durable than rubber hose...
They'll be 'pretty' whenever I hose 'em off.

As mentioned in post #4546, its a 'mixed bag' of custom made
and Russell Pro System.

hth,

T.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:08 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member
Received 547 Likes on 466 Posts

My bike is finally done...since the shop was doing warranty work, had them install DK Customs Rocker Lockers since did not want to mess with the engine still under warranty.

Kudo's to Kevin and Devin at DK Customs for this amazing fix. Absolutely no noise from the engine....nothing. I could only hear my exhaust. (at idle and not moving of course)

The mechanics at the shop were floored and in awe (and I only deal with the lead mechanics)...they thought I was installing a gimmick and couldn't believe it, but they heard it with their own ears (or should I say didn't hear it).

So they will be submitting orders for the rocker lockers and will be installing them on a couple of bikes that have noise issues to see if the results are the same. DK be prepared....perhaps a start of a fruitful relationship.

Last edited by hscic; 01-17-2017 at 09:37 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DK Custom (01-14-2017)
Old 01-13-2017, 06:39 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by WKNDS
Just an opinion, but I'd highly recommend getting rid of the
riveted plate in the stock clutch pack....
I agree with that. My 1200 plate's rivets were loose but not yet broken off at around 30,000 miles. Had a leak from the primary cover, and while it was off decided to at least check. That convinced me I'd gotten all the mileage I wanted out of that riveted mess. I put in a Barnett plate set, plates looked ok, but with that mileage thought it wouldn't hurt to do the plates as a set. If I ever buy a sportster again, the plates come out right away, regardless of mileage.

Old 01-13-2017, 09:25 PM
slvrscoobie
Road Master
Received 141 Likes on 116 Posts

Installed my brandy new HD black forward controls. Got stuck, just once, and ended up putting a tiny scratch on the clevis trying to unstick the pin. Can't see it unless you look. Just stinks.
Also ground down a t27 bit to fit between the brake connector and the exhaust.
But now I have a set of HD chrome forwards and a set of biker choice black forwards for sale.

Old 01-13-2017, 10:46 PM
Hurricane 68
Road Captain
Received 112 Likes on 95 Posts
Default Upgrade electical

Installed new push button switches for horn and hi low light relay have more to do also installing one for starter button so all match Little things weather here cold wet and freezing no chance to ride. And I'm tired of shoveling snow. Wild Bill Sparks Nv.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to Your Sportster Today?-image.jpeg  
Old 01-14-2017, 12:23 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,214 Likes on 2,450 Posts

Originally Posted by hscic
My bike is finally done...since the shop was doing warranty work, had them install DK Customs Rocker Lockers since did not want to mess with the engine still under warranty.

Kudo's to Kevin and Devin at DK Customs for this amazing fix. Absolutely no noise from the engine....nothing. I could only hear my exhaust.

The mechanics at the shop were floored and in awe (and I only deal with the lead mechanics)...they thought I was installing a gimmick and couldn't believe it, but they heard it with their own ears (or should I say didn't hear it).

So they will be submitting orders for the rocker lockers and will be installing them on a couple of bikes that have noise issues to see if the results are the same. DK be prepared....perhaps a start of a fruitful relationship.
Glad you got them installed and are enjoying your exhaust note only!

Yeah, we have a growing number of dealerships and Indy shops that are installing these on their Customers bikes.

As you now heard, they can make a significant difference!

Thank you for passing on our contact info to them!

Rocker Lockers LINK.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

The following users liked this post:
hscic (01-14-2017)
Old 01-14-2017, 08:49 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Pulled my Radianz RBT module since could not get the right side to work at all. Rechecked and re-secured all connections. According to my mechanic, he said no power coming out of the module on right side (green wire). After I pulled the module, tapped into my brake wire (red/yellow) to run brake lights on my saddlebag LED lights and working fine.

RBT module work great when it is working because it regulates power. We will see what DK Customs can do about this - they always make things good.

Update: Purchased a replacement and mailed back the one that was not working for assessment (and perhaps a credit/refund). Hope the third time works like a charm and not three strikes and you're out.....so far so good.

Last edited by hscic; 01-21-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:36 PM
Backinblack83
Tourer
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Bought all my gear for giddyup in March.

Willie & max swing arm bag
Military half shelter (2)
Sleeping mat & sleeping bag

Already have a top hand ventures sissy bar bag, just needed a little more storage and a place to sleep lol

Old 01-16-2017, 02:48 PM
Oddman
Tourer
Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
Talking

about three quarters through my project. puttin on new handlebars with new, grips, levers, switches housings, brake line, clutch cable, throttle and idle cables. doin speedo/riser change. relocating front turn signals and installing cd led's. custom coil relocation with dynatek split coils. relocating enrichener. wire tuck and 2" tanklift. oh and adding some led light strips to highlight the engine

Old 01-19-2017, 10:23 AM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

At a glance, thought it was a sporty but it wasn't....it was a Harley Street. Some cool things Harley can incorporate into the sporty...2-1 exhaust and liquid cooled to name a couple. Never saw this model before until I walked by it. I posted the pics in the sporty section but it was moved.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/screa...ey-street.html

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Sportster Today?