Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to Your Sportster Today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 07:52 AM
PixelFobia
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I installed some Kuryakyn Mini Floor boards in place of my stock passenger pegs. Always trying to keep my lady comfy on the back of my bike.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to Your Sportster Today?-20160604_121911.jpg   What did you do to Your Sportster Today?-20160604_121918.jpg  
Old 06-07-2016, 01:13 PM
TStephen
Road Warrior
Received 299 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by motohaid
Check out Mac's Speed Shop across the street from the ball park downtown and Quaker Steak and Lube next to the Harley Stealer. They both have bike nights and entertainment on certain nights. As far as rides, I don't know where you're from or if you have heard of the Dragon's Tail. It's near Gatlingburg. I made a trip up there recently and met some friends from Mobile. Hell of a trip. Maybe we can meet up some time at Mac's or Quaker Steak. Post some pics of your scooter.
Originally Posted by Scab45
Hey I just moved to greenville last January and just got my first bike in September what are some good rides in the area or cool hang outs or how do you guys find meet ups and cruises?
Quaker Steak is on Wednesday nights starting 6:00-ish and going until the last beer is served. Mac's is on Thursday nights.

Almost any road in northern Greenville/Pickens/Oconee counties is nice with some wide open-throttle rides along 11.

We sometimes run up to Landrum, grab a beer at the Hare & the Hound, head over toward Travelers Rest and then down into Greenville stopping along the way.

I haven't done meetups but there are a few "clubs" that ride together from time to time from what I understand.

The following users liked this post:
motohaid (06-07-2016)
Old 06-07-2016, 01:20 PM
TStephen
Road Warrior
Received 299 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by jak1
there is a large lock washer that holds the large nut that locks your trans sprocket down. It uses two allen head screws, those are not the screws from that are they !!! If not they can only be from the sprocket cover. To small to be from the rear master cylinder.

Thanks. They aren't from the transmission pulley lock washer. I have pictures to prove it.

Ahhhhh!! Wait a minute. They ARE from the lock washer. They are the old bolts that I took out!! I always obsessively clean bolts up when I pull them out and since they looked so clean, I didn't associate them with the grungy old pulley lock washer. The new pulley (hardened aluminum) had it's own bolts so I obviously had the old ones left over. I threw out the old seal, spacer, pulley nut and lock washer and kept the bolts.

Thanks jak1!!!!! I can quit scratching my head now!!

Old 06-07-2016, 05:26 PM
johnteller
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did a stage 1 this weekend. will get better pics this weekend.

figure machines a/c
two brothers racing comp-s exhaust
power vision from fuelmoto

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to Your Sportster Today?-project.jpg  
Old 06-07-2016, 07:26 PM
Dane M
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Today I thought about my bike, a lot. How sad and lonely she must be so far away, being poked and prodded by some stranger in the Harley Service Department!

She's supposed to be all fixed up good as new tomorrow!

Old 06-07-2016, 07:38 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,354 Likes on 982 Posts

Originally Posted by Dane M
...snip...
She's supposed to be all fixed up good as new tomorrow!

And the diagnosis was? needs a new clutch? or?

thanks,

T.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:38 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,771 Likes on 982 Posts

I replaced my turn signal covers with smoked lens covers. $1.99 each, from jpcycles.com

Excellent quality, perfect fit, look great.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:57 PM
Dane M
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by WKNDS
And the diagnosis was? needs a new clutch? or?

thanks,

T.
They were very vague when I asked. I asked them to keep the parts so I could look at them before they threw them away. The fact that they're going to cover it under my extended service plan makes me think it was the rivets shearing off.

EDIT: Here's what I posted in another thread:

Talked to the tech today. Told me my clutch was worn out. I specifically asked him if it was just the friction plates, not the spring plate or anything else. He said yes just plates. Then I asked him how much it was going to be to replace and it was WAYYYY to much. So I said nevermind, I'll pick it up and do it myself.

30 minutes pass and a different person from the service department calls me and tells me that my bike is going to be all fixed up tomorrow, good as new, covered by my extended service plan, just with a $50 deductible fee. I was at work at the time inside a clients house so I wasn't able to inquire about it further.

When I got home I called again, asked for the same person to talk to. Asked her what was wrong and she said that the tech told her it was just out of spec. I confirmed that it was just going to be $50 total. I also asked if they could save the parts so I could see them before they get tossed.

It all sounds pretty weird... We'll see what happens tomorrow....

Old 06-08-2016, 04:27 PM
AK883xl
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 46 Posts

lucky i brought an extra quart of oil with me today, its hot in dallas about 100 degrees and i thought it would be a good idea. i checked my oil before i left and noticed it was a little low... the bike burned it off fast in the last few weeks... plus i have been running it. got to work and checked the oil while it was hot... pulled out the dipstick and it was smoking a little and the oil level was at the fill line... just a drop on the dipstick. added half the quart of valvoline 20w-50 and the bike loved it

Old 06-08-2016, 06:15 PM
alienbogey
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I took mine to the track for a riding school and track day.

Here the instructor is demonstrating to our class the positions on the bike which is mounted on the lean machine. My Sporty is in the background.

Name:  image_zpsgcniu4k1.jpeg
Views: 111
Size:  196.4 KB

I was the only non-sport bike on the track and a minor celebrity because of it.

The following users liked this post:
Mr_Taipan (06-09-2016)

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Sportster Today?