Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to Your Sportster Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 12:56 PM
will335i
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I will be loading it up in my trailer for the move from Alaska to St. Louis. I was able to get in one last Alaskan ride. I am going to miss it but I am looking forward to a significantly longer riding season.

Old 04-14-2016, 01:01 PM
13thDoctor
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trading Alaska for St. Louis. When you get there, look up Ted Drewes Frozen Custard and have a White Castle for me!

Old 04-14-2016, 01:07 PM
13thDoctor
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What did I do today?

Well, I looked at it as I was driving out of the garage to go to work - does that count? I'd like to go for a ride, but right now, since my wife just had major surgery, I'm erring to the side of caution and not riding. She'll be back up and around soon enough and in Southern Commiefornia, there's plenty of time to ride.

Recently, however, I swapped the stock seat for a Corbin custom seat with a backrest. I was SO GLAD I did that. Then I put a Quad-Lock mount on the handle bar to lock my cell phone onto the bike for GPS and ran a power cable to the mount.

As the former govern-ator used to say, "I'll be back".

Old 04-14-2016, 03:28 PM
teenRG
Cruiser

Wife's sportster is in the shop to get:

Wheels powder coated black
Calipers powder coated red
Day maker headlight installed
Rail engine pieces swapped out
Rail heavy breather installed
Engine guard installed
Speakers installed
Brakeaway cruise control installed
Fuel moto wires installed
Black fork skin covers

Should have it back within a week. Pics coming afterwards

Old 04-14-2016, 03:30 PM
teenRG
Cruiser

Chrome mirrors swapped out for black ones and stock levers swapped out for adjustable levers.

Old 04-14-2016, 04:10 PM
AK883xl
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 46 Posts

small stuff but bought some plasti dip, sprayed some chrome bolts i wished were black. flipped and adjusted my mirrors to down position under the handlebars (visibility went up %100). relocated the air cleaner "blow by" hose down under the bike away from the rear wheel, got an extra key made, my burly slammer rear shocks finally came in (go on this weekend) license plate came in and ordered some black 3m material which im going to cut a design of my "AK" and have it sewn underneath the mesh of my summer riding jacket for more driver visibility at nights

Old 04-14-2016, 06:22 PM
Dane M
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Tested out my "locker pegs". Wind is gusting to 45mph so it made it a little difficult. Was a bit squirrely at first, but I got the hang of it. Because of the wind I couldn't lock out the throttle though. So I just kept my hands lightly on the bars so I could correct while I learned how to steer with my feet. I think it's definitely my best idea ever, and probably dangerous, so don't do it. I also set rules for myself with them, they're not to be used under 50mph, or if other cars are nearby. And that feet won't be removed from the pegs without my hands on the bars first.

Oh and these are the pegs you gave me cvaria, thanks buddy. The others are going to be used for passenger pegs.

Here's another angle of them (they also make an awesome spot to hang my helmet):

Name:  psQJsAS.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  86.0 KB

Then I installed my new detachable backrest:

There are also 3 avocados in this picture.
Name:  c17x0fr.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  74.8 KB

Last edited by Dane M; 04-14-2016 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-14-2016, 06:56 PM
Lonnie Mac
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Dane M
Tested out my "locker pegs". Wind is gusting to 45mph so it made it a little difficult. Was a bit squirrely at first, but I got the hang of it. Because of the wind I couldn't lock out the throttle though. So I just kept my hands lightly on the bars so I could correct while I learned how to steer with my feet. I think it's definitely my best idea ever, and probably dangerous, so don't do it. I also set rules for myself with them, they're not to be used under 50mph, or if other cars are nearby. And that feet won't be removed from the pegs without my hands on the bars first.

Oh and these are the pegs you gave me cvaria, thanks buddy. The others are going to be used for passenger pegs.

Here's another angle of them (they also make an awesome spot to hang my helmet):

Then I installed my new detachable backrest:

There are also 3 avocados in this picture.
Dang man every time I see this bike I want that box! Can I have that box? Man your bike looks bad ***.

Old 04-14-2016, 07:10 PM
Dane M
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Lonnie Mac
Dang man every time I see this bike I want that box! Can I have that box? Man your bike looks bad ***.
Sorry, it has sentimental value to me.

Old 04-15-2016, 03:22 AM
hscic
Grand HDF Member
Received 547 Likes on 466 Posts

Changed my mirrors to a chrome and black with convex mirrors. Used a flat mirror and wanted a wider field of view. This mirror is low profile and has some attitude.

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Sportster Today?