Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to Your Sportster Today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 07:26 PM
Lifestarts@40
Tourer
Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by wreckwriter
Installed my Daymaker.
I installed my Daymaker a week or so ago. Absolutely love it. I did the custom dynamic rings this week. Very happy with the whole front light package.

Old 02-18-2016, 07:44 PM
WVDevil
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Lifestarts@40
I installed my Daymaker a week or so ago. Absolutely love it. I did the custom dynamic rings this week. Very happy with the whole front light package.
My Custom Dynamics stuff, turn signals and taillight, should be here tomorrow. They used that crappy service where UPS brings it but gives it to post office to deliver so its taken longer than should have to get here.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:35 PM
Dane M
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Installed my Custom Dynamics LED cluster bullet inserts in the taillights. Easiest install. pull off lens cover, remove bulb, clean socket of any grease, insert LED cluster, put lens cover back on. Done.

My covers are red, but the LEDs are already red, so I might get some new lens covers that are clear, so the signals will be even brighter. I was going to do a side-by-side comparrison of the brightness of normal bulb vs LED cluster, but I think having 1 LED in told the system to shut off power to the left signal. So here they are installed. First picture normal (half the LEDs light up as normal taillights) the second picture is with the right turn signal on (the other half of the LEDs come on when signals or brakes are applied, doubling the brightness)

The photos won't tell you all that much really, since the lights are overexposed in the photos, but I'll tell you they are very bright. I think they will have been worth the cost, I think it was $89

Still to come: new cables for clutch + throttle, passenger pegs and mounts, rocker lockers, gas tank custom paint, tail light bags, fuel bottle rack for the sissy bar, performance clutch kit, 1250 conversion, headlight rings swap.

Last edited by Dane M; 02-18-2016 at 08:39 PM.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:13 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,199 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by Dane M
Installed my Custom Dynamics LED cluster bullet inserts in the taillights. Easiest install. pull off lens cover, remove bulb, clean socket of any grease, insert LED cluster, put lens cover back on. Done.

My covers are red, but the LEDs are already red, so I might get some new lens covers that are clear, so the signals will be even brighter. I was going to do a side-by-side comparrison of the brightness of normal bulb vs LED cluster, but I think having 1 LED in told the system to shut off power to the left signal. So here they are installed. First picture normal (half the LEDs light up as normal taillights) the second picture is with the right turn signal on (the other half of the LEDs come on when signals or brakes are applied, doubling the brightness)

The photos won't tell you all that much really, since the lights are overexposed in the photos, but I'll tell you they are very bright. I think they will have been worth the cost, I think it was $89

Still to come: new cables for clutch + throttle, passenger pegs and mounts, rocker lockers, gas tank custom paint, tail light bags, fuel bottle rack for the sissy bar, performance clutch kit, 1250 conversion, headlight rings swap.
did you add dielectric grease to the bulb connections? corrosion is a bit** you don't want

Old 02-18-2016, 11:34 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Default xmas tree bike brought gifts

finished forks.... crazy how the slider i polished looks like chrome and the new one looks dingy next to it

rotor is back from powder-coating. i mounted it

pulley/sprocket is back from powder-coating and polished. mounted

Old 02-19-2016, 12:54 AM
Dane M
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
did you add dielectric grease to the bulb connections? corrosion is a bit** you don't want
No they actually tell you to remove all existing grease as it can cause issues with the LEDs

Old 02-19-2016, 06:00 AM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by Dane M
No they actually tell you to remove all existing grease as it can cause issues with the LEDs

Yeah. I know that's there. I just don't slather it on. I saw where you said you removed it all.

I used smoked covers all around when i converted to CD leds. Doesn't inhibit light at all.

Last edited by cvaria; 02-19-2016 at 06:12 AM.
Old 02-19-2016, 03:39 PM
KingDevil13
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a big deal but since it's the first day it's warm out I took out the bike and while riding I decided definitely no windshield. So took off the windshield, took of the sissy bar, threw the screaming eagle plate back on, and turned the handle bars up a bit. More to come laterWhat did you do to Your Sportster Today?-photo569.jpgWhat did you do to Your Sportster Today?-photo788.jpgWhat did you do to Your Sportster Today?-photo354.jpg

Old 02-19-2016, 04:03 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,355 Likes on 983 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
Yeah. I know that's there. I just don't slather it on. I saw where you said you removed it all.

I used smoked covers all around when i converted to CD leds. Doesn't inhibit light at all.
Same here, but I used AutoGem real glass lenses front/rear...

T.

Old 02-19-2016, 05:01 PM
hstrawn
Novice
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Relief.......

Went out and bought an AirHawk seat cushion for the Sportster today. Got old-man-no-butt syndrome! What a difference--the bridge "bumps" are now non-existent and my bruised tailbone is in recovery mode. Should have done this earlier.

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Sportster Today?