Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to Your Sportster Today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 03:37 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member
Received 547 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by Spikito
I rode it for the first time
First time on a harley or first time riding a bike?

Congrats and welcome to the forum.

Old 11-06-2015, 04:23 PM
Spikito
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hscic
First time on a harley or first time riding a bike?

Congrats and welcome to the forum.
Both kind of, took my motorcycle safety course this week, that was my first time on a bike, bought a 2012 48 while I was there, rode it a bit today

Old 11-06-2015, 04:40 PM
lukecrabwalker
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Spikito
Both kind of, took my motorcycle safety course this week, that was my first time on a bike, bought a 2012 48 while I was there, rode it a bit today
congrats dude! enjoy and stay safe

Old 11-07-2015, 04:13 AM
thisisagame24
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

congrats man

Old 11-08-2015, 09:29 AM
Spikito
Advanced

People are pissing me off, lol

Got my license Friday morning, and decided to come home and go for a ride, zig zagged around my neighborhood, and on up to this behemoth Church, so play around in their parking lot. Theyve got about 6, and a garage, but one outlying one is flat, 100ft wide, and 400ft long or so, like a skinny football field.

(This bike rides quite different than the trainer bike, and I want to get much more comfortable before taking it out on the open road.)

This lot has approx 200 spots in it. Some *** parked a Tahoe in the dead center.

I know I could have used one end or the other, but still, I don't want to push my novice skills trying to avoid a Tahoe. I want an EMPTY lot to play in.

So I drove home.

I get off work this morning and do the same, I make two passes down the length of the lot, and make one figure 8, and someone pulls in and parks. Right. In. The. Middle. And right in front of me at that. I was about 2/3 of the way down, and she pulls in and stops so that I'm facing her drivers door, 2 spots away, and just stares at me. Really?!

I honestly thought she was there to yell at me, lol. So after staring for a minute, I drove around her and cruised through the neighborhood.

I did however, get 2 chances to punch it a little, once in first from a roll, and once from second at about 20. Sweet Baby Jesus this thing moves. I've had a lot of sports cars, but wow.

Old 11-08-2015, 10:04 AM
hscic
Grand HDF Member
Received 547 Likes on 466 Posts

Perhaps a member of the church or a homeowner near the church telling you non-verbally to stop making noise in the parking lot...lol
Great that you are practicing your skills before going on the open road. That is what I did i.e. use a parking lot and go around the block a couple of hundred times (just exaggerating).
Enjoy the ride and ride safe! It's the other drivers that create dangerous situations and improving you skilsl will help you avoid those situations.

Old 11-08-2015, 10:06 PM
JKinFLA
Cruiser

Flipped my mirrors

Old 11-09-2015, 02:13 AM
Dane M
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

New front tire yesterday, I let the dealership do that though, I'm not messing with that stuff.

Today I installed a matching joker machine bar end mirror on my left side. They were super cool at Joker and just let me send the other one back, even though I had used it, and they sent me a different one. No shipping charges or anything. Awesome.

I also worked on conditioning some of the leather on my bike that was looking a bit dry. Nice rich color now. Gave the bike a good cleaning too.

Then I rode my sporty to home depot to pick up a bucket. But ended up losing my cool and having a loud verbal argument with a guy in the parking lot after he almost ran me over (he did not have right-of-way). I lost it when I asked him "What are you doing??" and he replied "___ you". The guy was an idiot but I should have kept my composure and not made a scene, which it was for sure. And it probably looked like I was the ******** by the end of it, revving my engine at him as he walked away and shouting "Are you going to get some ___ing costco pizza?!". I think at least one lady was filming it on a smart phone. Not my best moment. It ended up with me folding my license plate, using my favorite expletive in insulting fashion, and riding off in a rage to go get my darned home depot bucket.

So anyways.... I love my mirrors now

Hopefully I'll get more things done on the bike next week.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:26 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,773 Likes on 984 Posts

^^^
Sounds like a great commercial for shopping at Lowe's.

Old 11-09-2015, 06:53 PM
sgthwjack
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Installed CD Dynamic Ringz in my relocated turn signals. Brighter than I expected. Also installed the extended turn signal switch caps, much easier to reach and worth the hassle of install.

Daylight

Night

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Sportster Today?