Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to Your Sportster Today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 04:11 AM
Mr_Taipan
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Hey, that 587 Cyclone is looking good on your bike!

Yeah, V&H uses a different size baffle retaining screw than almost every other exhaust manufacturer.

On the TTI's, you can still drill out the baffle retaining screw hole, and put the TTI's in there. Then when you pull the TTI's for inspection, you can put the quiet baffles in with a larger bolt, washer, nut (drilling out the hole in the baffle for the retaining screw also).

The other option is to just drill a new hole on the bottom/tire side quadrant of the exhaust (that way it is not easily seen) and put the TTI's in there. You should be able to do this without removing the exhaust from the bike. It does help to put it up in the air a bit, to give room for the drill.

That is what we did with our Short Shots on the bike in this vid-

DK Custom Products Short Shot V&H Exhaust Thunder Torque Inserts TTI - YouTube
Yes when I saw the cyclone i knew I had to have it for the looks and then when I found out about the standard set up dumping the dirty air into the inlet and the cyclone didn't, it was a no brainer for me. Sadly the import duties to the UK killed it for me and I'd resigned myself to wait until i was in the States again. Then I found out about MacShot Customs selling your stuff here and I was in like Flynn!

I think i'm going to drill the bolts and worry about refitting the QBs when the time comes. Presumably I can drill out the existing holes with the wheel removed? I'm now quite keen to do this as this got my attention as its the TTIs I have!

Last edited by Mr_Taipan; 10-20-2015 at 09:58 AM.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:24 AM
Curt1953
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Got my DynoJet Power Vision from DK Custom yesterday morning after ordering after 5PM last Thursday. Can't ask for faster shipping from DK. Did the computer update on the Power Vision, that was the hard part, it did two 23MB updates. You have to keep checking to make sure all your numbers match up in both columns. Reflashing the bike was easy. The instructions were spot on. WOW! what a difference it made on the bike when I fired her up. Took it for a 5 miles ride, still getting a touch of decal pop at first, nothing like it was at first. Seems like most of that was gone at the end of my ride. Much better power and pick up. I'm able to shift to 4th at 35MPH with no lugging at all. She's a rocket ship now, setting off car alarms all over the place here, LOL. Now I can't wait to get a full exhaust instead of my V&H slipons. Like to have short shots or V&H Big Radius 2into2. Thank you DK Custom for having the best price. And Thank You DynoJet for a great product.

Old 10-20-2015, 02:08 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,776 Likes on 986 Posts

It hit the upper 60s today, and even though I am home sick with a bad cold, I said the heck with it, we're going for a ride! 45 miles in the fall PA countryside did the trick. Now back to tea and cough medicine.

Name:  At%20Decker%20Pond.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  371.0 KB
Decker Pond, just east of Lake Wallenpaupack, PA

Last edited by Bluesrider.df; 10-20-2015 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:04 PM
Wildon883R
Road Warrior
Received 81 Likes on 63 Posts

Hit low 70's and i didn't see a single bike on the road other than mine. People are not wiling to take a chilly morning ride for a great afternoon ride around here it seems. Admittedly most HD riders around here are fair weather riders.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:49 PM
Panchorelly
Road Warrior
Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by guitarfish
It hit the upper 60s today, and even though I am home sick with a bad cold, I said the heck with it, we're going for a ride! 45 miles in the fall PA countryside did the trick. Now back to tea and cough medicine.

Decker Pond, just east of Lake Wallenpaupack, PA
C

I would have taken that ride too!

Old 10-22-2015, 01:04 AM
Dane M
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Today I crashed my sportster into a Toyota Prius, or rather, they crashed into me as they cut me off, which only furthers my beliefs that Prius drivers are the most unpredictable drivers around. The other day another prius crossed 4 lanes of traffic at once and ran me off onto the shoulder, because they almost missed their exit..... That one's excuse was "Well I'm sorry but I had my turn signal on"

Speaking of turn signals, that's all that was damaged today as my bike fish-tailed and slapped the prius on the tire. Just a little bend in, but the reflector still fits fine. Nothing to complain about really. The guy was really cool about it and basically we were both at fault. We came around a corner to suddenly stopped traffic and both of us had the idea to move over onto the shoulder for extra stopping distance.

Beware the Prius

Old 10-22-2015, 08:00 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,776 Likes on 986 Posts

Originally Posted by Dane M
Speaking of turn signals, that's all that was damaged today as my bike fish-tailed and slapped the prius on the tire. Just a little bend in, but the reflector still fits fine. Nothing to complain about really.
What about the Prius? Is it totaled?
j/k

Hey, I'm glad you are OK! And that your bike is still rolling.

Old 10-22-2015, 09:38 AM
Dane M
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by guitarfish
What about the Prius? Is it totaled?
j/k

Hey, I'm glad you are OK! And that your bike is still rolling.
Thanks. I think I just hit his tire. Because there is no paint missing from my turn signal, just kind of smeary. I couldn't find anywhere on his car that would have been caused by me. My license plate mount just folded up too, no damage. It popped my reflector cover off I had to go back and look for it. Doesn't quite fit on right now.

It was right by a large downhill bank too, I'm glad he didn't push me off the road or we might not be having this conversation.

Old 10-25-2015, 04:02 AM
Mr_Taipan
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr_Taipan
One thing i would say about the air cleaner is it does stick out slightly further than the ham can. I noticed my leg kept touching it yesterday. No biggie and it hasn't put me off it, I'll get used to it no doubt.
Yup, I 'm used to it as I dont notice it at all now. One thing I do notice though is I suspect this thing flows more air!! My bike runs different and I think is running lean? Looks like i'm going to have the brave the SE PST tuner thing!

DK, if you read this did you dyno these? Am I right in thinking they flow more air?

Old 10-25-2015, 03:48 PM
sgthwjack
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Took "Leah" out for a short cruise since the rain finally stopped. Made a short video with my phone, only my second try at it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9R7I-27Kfb0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A bit of scenery from the ride.

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Sportster Today?