Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to Your Sportster Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 01:54 PM
CAVSportster
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Installed Viking Bags with Easy Brackets. Doesn't look as clean as I was hoping for but the quick detach is a nice feature and I love not having to wear a backpack anymore!

Old 04-21-2015, 05:10 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member
Received 547 Likes on 466 Posts

I posted a thread a while back to find out if anyone had upgraded their Sportster stock 5 3/4" headlight with brow and surprisingly received no responses....so I guess there are very few who upgraded their headlights (not just the bulb). I was looking for a chrome headlight with visor and found a Modular Headlight Relocation Kit with Chrome Halogen Headlight with Visor from DK Customs. Appears to be an easy install and very adaptable to your personal perferences. Just need to move my LED bulb from the stock casing to the new headlight and good to go! Thanks Kevin. Will post pics once I receive and do the install.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:35 PM
JBrooks271
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hscic
I posted a thread a while back to find out if anyone had upgraded their Sportster stock 5 3/4" headlight with brow and surprisingly received no responses....so I guess there are very few who upgraded their headlights (not just the bulb). I was looking for a chrome headlight with visor and found a Modular Headlight Relocation Kit with Chrome Halogen Headlight with Visor from DK Customs. Appears to be an easy install and very adaptable to your personal perferences. Just need to move my LED bulb from the stock casing to the new headlight and good to go! Thanks Kevin. Will post pics once I receive and do the install.

Yeah, I like the DK setup myself. It's on my list of things to do, which is still very long lol.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:13 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,361 Likes on 986 Posts

Sorry I didn't see your question. I used the DKC relocation kit, a
cheap $50.00 ebay(or amazon) Drag Specialties bates style
headlight bucket (tossed the lamp) and my HD Daymaker headlight
on my OL's '13 Iron. Here's an old picture before I moved the
headlight back so it doesn't stick out so far....

Hope this helps,

T.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:15 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by JBrooks271
Yeah, I like the DK setup myself. It's on my list of things to do, which is still very long lol.
LOL I know how you feel....I thought I was at the tail-end of my list but things seemed get added faster than they are completed. And the DK Customs headlight was just one of those thing that was a must-have (in my mind anyway...lol).

Old 04-21-2015, 09:24 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by WKNDS
Sorry I didn't see your question. I used the DKC relocation kit, a
cheap $50.00 ebay(or amazon) Drag Specialties bates style
headlight bucket (tossed the lamp) and my HD Daymaker headlight
on my OL's '13 Iron. Here's an old picture before I moved the
headlight back so it doesn't stick out so far....

Hope this helps,

T.
Not a problem...don't think anyone saw it.

Nice set up on your bike with the cost-effective relocation kit but you must have paid a pretty penny on the HD Daymaker.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:09 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,212 Likes on 2,448 Posts

Looking forward to the pics!

You're going to like the LED bulb in the Visor headlight. The Visor has a better reflective pattern than the stock headlight. You will have even more light at night!

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 04-22-2015, 05:14 AM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,361 Likes on 986 Posts

Nice set up on your bike with the cost-effective relocation kit but you must have paid a pretty penny on the HD Daymaker.
Thanks. Yeah, it wasn't cheap, but not nearly as expensive
as the dual front brake conversion....

T.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:33 AM
Hogie_gt
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put whitewalls on my 1200 Custom. They are Shinko 777 tires. Lucky the dealer mounted them for me.....The service manager came and scolded me when she learned that I did not buy the tires there...she said we will this time but never again! She said tires bought elsewhere are all seconds.. (yeah, right..) I guess they do not want my business anymore. I am gonna buy my own tire changer now from Harbor Freight. Gonna cash out all my rewards this weekend and not spend another dime there. I will spend it on the rack I want and some cleaning supplies and I am done there!

Sorry, but I cannot afford to pay them $300 for a rear tire that lasts 6 months or 6000 miles....NOPE!

2013 1200 Custom

Last edited by Hogie_gt; 04-22-2015 at 10:35 AM. Reason: cleanup
Old 04-22-2015, 10:49 AM
Mike Lawless
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 326 Posts

What did I do with my Sportster today....
Today, I rode it work like I do every day.

But yesterday, I didn't sell it.

With three bikes in my stable, I felt compelled to cut one loose. I've had the Sporty on craigslist for a while now, and yesterday, a potential buyer came to look at it.

But, even though the "buyer" loved the bike, he decided he'd rather have a 1200.
So, I reckon I keep it for a while longer.

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Sportster Today?