Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have a question on LED's

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 09:28 AM
ib5150
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Question I have a question on LED's

OK on the Forty-Eight I already have the Power Commander V stuffed in the side cover next to the battery which was a job but it fit leaving zero room for anything else, now I would like to add LEDS to my front turns and rear brake lights - in order to do this I must also add the load equalizer which brings me to my question: Where on the bike would that fit, where it would be out of sight and protected from the elements?

Old 11-13-2013, 10:01 AM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by ib5150
OK on the Forty-Eight I already have the Power Commander V stuffed in the side cover next to the battery which was a job but it fit leaving zero room for anything else, now I would like to add LEDS to my front turns and rear brake lights - in order to do this I must also add the load equalizer which brings me to my question: Where on the bike would that fit, where it would be out of sight and protected from the elements?
Great question... mine I slid on top of the battery... let me take a photo and show you.

Last edited by wachuko; 11-13-2013 at 10:30 AM. Reason: can't spell...
Old 11-13-2013, 10:05 AM
DrewBone
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

ib, the load equalizer fits directly under the seat, with just enough room to provide clearance for the connectors and associated wiring. Just make sure to route the wires affectively without causing any unnecessarily tight bends and use wire ties to secure it and the load equalizer properly. Also, make sure you protect the 12v+ power wire for the load equalizer as you'll have to sneak it under the frame to the battery - you wouldn't want this wire to chaff and ground out to the frame.

I didn't have any of the appropriately sized wire loom to protect the wires but did have some clear oil/gas rated line that I split lengthwise and used as loom to protect the wires from damage/vibration, etc. I left it there because it's 3/32" thick and way more wear resistant than your standard plastic wire loom.

=8^)

Old 11-13-2013, 10:15 AM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by DrewBone
ib, the load equalizer fits directly under the seat, with just enough room to provide clearance for the connectors and associated wiring. Just make sure to route the wires affectively without causing any unnecessarily tight bends and use wire ties to secure it and the load equalizer properly. Also, make sure you protect the 12v+ power wire for the load equalizer as you'll have to sneak it under the frame to the battery - you wouldn't want this wire to chaff and ground out to the frame.

I didn't have any of the appropriately sized wire loom to protect the wires but did have some clear oil/gas rated line that I split lengthwise and used as loom to protect the wires from damage/vibration, etc. I left it there because it's 3/32" thick and way more wear resistant than your standard plastic wire loom.

=8^)

In my case, because of the Spring seat, I decided to put it on top of the battery... at some point I thought about buying a smaller battery from DK, but it fits so I left it alone. But if you have something different than the HD Spring seat... it should fit under the seat without issues...

Here is where mine is:

Last edited by wachuko; 11-13-2013 at 10:31 AM.